• 65 results
CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CODYSF

When I hear the name Superman I feel if he is what every human should be to fight what is right and give it all for freedom and protect the family and his friends and never give up.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

The definitive superhero

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

The hero that all others should aspire to be.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Primmaster64
@cattlebattle said:
The definitive superhero
THE Superhero.
VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By VenomousDragon

Needs a better secret identity. The stereotypical superhero.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Twentyfive

@Primmaster64 said:

@cattlebattle said:
The definitive superhero
THE Superhero.

They named a genre after him.

Your hero's on his way!
Your hero's on his way!

Makes me want to cry, that picture.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Primmaster64
@Twentyfive said:

@Primmaster64 said:

@cattlebattle said:
The definitive superhero
THE Superhero.

They named a genre after him.

Your hero's on his way!
Your hero's on his way!

Makes me want to cry, that picture.

Up,up and away.
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cattlebattle
@Primmaster64 said:
@cattlebattle said:
The definitive superhero
THE Superhero.
very true
AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AweSam

I think he should share his powers and technology with humanity. If he refuses, then I'll build a robotic suit, paint it green and purple, then force him to.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By PowerHerc

The first official, the strongest ever and the greatest of all-time superhero ever.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CODYSF

@PowerHerc said:

The first official, the strongest ever and the greatest of all-time superhero ever.

I like the way you think my friend ^_^

FrankenKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By FrankenKong

There never really was a "True Hero" in fiction or real life until Superman. Superman himself said " Each of you brings something different to the table. Strength, speed, stealth, whatever. But we're all equal in at least one way, each of us is willing to make the sacrifices a hero needs to make, even the ultimate one." Batman and Martian Manhunter said it best as well. John Jonz said " Though we gather here today, bound together in sorrow and loss, we share a precious gift. We are, all of us, privileged to live a life that has been touched by Superman. The Man of Steel possessed many extraordinary gifts, and he shared them with us freely. None of these gifts were more remarkable than his ability to discern what needed to be done, and his unfailing courage in doing it, whatever the personal cost. Let us all strive to accept his gift, and pass it along, as an ongoing tribute to Kal-El of Krypton, the immigrant from the stars, who taught us all how to be heroes." And Batman quoted "It is a remarkable dichotomy. In a way, Clark is the most human of us all. Then he shoots fire from the skies, And its hard not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that that does not occur to him." Superman is THE FIRST superhero of them all and will forever stand the test of time as long as we all will need someone in our darkest hour.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By PowerHerc

@CODYSF said:

@PowerHerc said:

I like the way you think my friend ^_^

Thanks.

I'm just speaking the truth.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CODYSF
No Caption Provided

@FrankenKong said:

There never really was a "True Hero" in fiction or real life until Superman. Superman himself said " Each of you brings something different to the table. Strength, speed, stealth, whatever. But we're all equal in at least one way, each of us is willing to make the sacrifices a hero needs to make, even the ultimate one." Batman and Martian Manhunter said it best as well. John Jonz said " Though we gather here today, bound together in sorrow and loss, we share a precious gift. We are, all of us, privileged to live a life that has been touched by Superman. The Man of Steel possessed many extraordinary gifts, and he shared them with us freely. None of these gifts were more remarkable than his ability to discern what needed to be done, and his unfailing courage in doing it, whatever the personal cost. Let us all strive to accept his gift, and pass it along, as an ongoing tribute to Kal-El of Krypton, the immigrant from the stars, who taught us all how to be heroes." And Batman quoted "It is a remarkable dichotomy. In a way, Clark is the most human of us all. Then he shoots fire from the skies, And its hard not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that that does not occur to him." Superman is THE FIRST superhero of them all and will forever stand the test of time as long as we all will need someone in our darkest hour.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Primmaster64
@AweSam said:

I think he should share his powers and technology with humanity. If he refuses, then I'll build a robotic suit, paint it green and purple, then force him to.

Or, find an evil alien overlord and make him force to share his secrets.
ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ARMIV2

I think of a guy who can deal with crap the world keeps churning out in a way better then most of us would. I think of a guy who is morally on the right and yet is very grateful and humble.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ssejllenrad

Übermensch as a goal humanity can set for itself. :D

FrankenKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FrankenKong

@CODYSF: lol thanks, I didn't even have to try on that one. Any true fan of Superman can exhale something awesome about him in a heartbeat XD

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By blackadamFTW

@cattlebattle said:

The definitive superhero

This.

He started it all. He is THE guy, and you can't deny that. He's arguably the greatest hero of all-time, and without him, comics would never be the same!!!

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By buttersdaman000

Ha Superman was one of my main male role models growing up. I know it's kind of weird to look up to a comic book character but whatever. Even though I know I will never be like him, I try my best to hold myself to what he stands for (kind of) lol

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Yung ANcient One

SUPERMAN

is

THEE SuperHero

The 1st Superhero

Prime Example of a Super Hero

i mean

SUPER hero

SUPER man.

He's AWEsome and etc yada yadda

but Honestly IMO played out, and I can only read very little material of him.

PS i think he deserves to be played out though... but still

(+)

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#22  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

good question...

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Surkit

Superman: A man that is an illusion of superpowers, but really is the archetype for what every man should want to be like socially and mentally as well as morally

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CODYSF

@buttersdaman000 said:

Ha Superman was one of my main male role models growing up. I know it's kind of weird to look up to a comic book character but whatever. Even though I know I will never be like him, I try my best to hold myself to what he stands for (kind of) lol

dude your not alone he is still one of my main role models him and Batman the yin and yang of the comic world.

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By chalkshark

I owe Superman a debt of gratitude that I can never repay. The Man of Steel kicked in the door for every caped and cowled crusader that ever featured in a four color publication. Without Superman there may have never been a sustainable comics industry. I learned to read because of comics. I learned to draw because of comics. Being an artist has become the focal point of my life. It has defined my life. When I look back at every great comics story that has ever been written, I realize how much more I owe Superman, because none of those stories would have been written had his existence not created that genre. If you ask me who my favorite comic book character is, it wouldn't be Superman. At no point in my life would Superman be the answer to that question. I've collected titles featuring Superman off & on over the years, but that's had more to do with the creative teams than the character himself. Still, while Superman may never be my favorite character, he will always hold my highest respect, and my deepest gratitude.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By HolySerpent

Hope

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ssejllenrad

Superman - what I want to be in regards to ideals, principles and most importantly, fashion... Wait what? I meant powers... ideals, principles and powers!

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KainScion
Loading Video...

@buttersdaman000:Ha mine was the mask.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By z3ro180

@PowerHerc said:

@CODYSF:

Pretty much that also i thoug a blue sun made him more powerful?

YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By YoggSaron

The King.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sethysquare

I think Superman signifies so many things. To me he is hope, truth, justice and when you think of Superhero, he is the first person you would think of.

Superman is the 2nd most important person in the world.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

He represents what everyone wants to be has the powers of a god, but at the same time he's the most human of all of us. I grew up with Superman. He was the one that taught me how to stand my ground against what's wrong, and for that he'll always be my all time favorite hero.

Loading Video...
Zomboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Zomboid

Truth, justice, and the American way.

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34  Edited By Suprman

A few years ago I was going through a rough time in my life. Basically things were not working out the way I had hoped or wanted them too and I shut down for a while. Reading and watching Superman stories, along with my parents' support helped me get back on my feet. I'm now happier than I've ever been and it's thanks to Superman and heroes like him that I'm back to my old self. I now try to live my life like Superman, Though Mostly like Nightwing lol.

zedmot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zedmot

He is inspiration, hope and bravery.

Avatar image for apatheticavenger
ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#36  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

To quote Grant Morrison: "He's like a sci-fi Jesus." Coming from a mad Scottish chaos magician, that means a lot. :P

The wonderful thing about Superman is that he belongs to all of us. Sure, there's that whole "American Way" thing, but he's progressively become more about representing the light of humanity as a whole. Morrison once talked about how it would be counter-productive to make Superman explicitly Christian (or any other religion for that matter) because it would take away from how he stands for us all without needing to be held down by any specific human belief structure.

Superman stands for the good in what humanity has to offer, he is a tireless crusader for justice and never gives up the fight. He is not one of us, yet would give his life in our defense. He is so far above us, yet is humbled to live in our presence. It could be said that Superman is hero we need, but not the hero we deserve. He would say otherwise.

I often claim to be an atheist, but that's not entirely true. There is one "god" I believe in. I believe in Superman, the Sun God from Smallville who taught me how to be human.

Special thanks to Grant Morrison. ;)

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dernman

Hope and awe.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SandMan_

The Greatest Superhero Ever.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CODYSF

@ApatheticAvenger said:

To quote Grant Morrison: "He's like a sci-fi Jesus." Coming from a mad Scottish chaos magician, that means a lot. :P

The wonderful thing about Superman is that he belongs to all of us. Sure, there's that whole "American Way" thing, but he's progressively become more about representing the light of humanity as a whole. Morrison once talked about how it would be counter-productive to make Superman explicitly Christian (or any other religion for that matter) because it would take away from how he stands for us all without needing to be held down by any specific human belief structure.

Superman stands for the good in what humanity has to offer, he is a tireless crusader for justice and never gives up the fight. He is not one of us, yet would give his life in our defense. He is so far above us, yet is humbled to live in our presence. It could be said that Superman is hero we need, but not the hero we deserve. He would say otherwise.

I often claim to be an atheist, but that's not entirely true. There is one "god" I believe in. I believe in Superman, the Sun God from Smallville who taught me how to be human.

Special thanks to Grant Morrison. ;)

Wow that was deep man ^_^

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By sinestro_GL

Superman is what we should all strive to be. Superman instils hope to all that know him, and affects the lives of so many.

yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By yahweh

@CODYSF:

Awesome hero.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Superguy0009e

The supermodel for all superheroes...

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheThe

Superman to me is the promese of better days. He is the hope that no matter what, everything will be okay.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Redberry

No one can recognize you if you wear glasses.

comicsanity016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By comicsanity016

Superman was the first real hero I admired as a kid. The Christopher Reeves movie was my all time favorite film as a kid and will always be near and dear to me. I also love Supes because he inspired the awesome pajamas with the Velcro cape!

zeejaybay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By zeejaybay

Superman = The Clutch player when everything else has utterly failed.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Superman is an example all heroes should follow

Augment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Augment

The height of stupidity when it comes to hiding your secret identity.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BatteredArmor

Hope, greatness, and possibility personified. The greatest hero super or not of all time

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mega_spidey01
No Caption Provided

to me he represents hope where there is none. i like the fact that he believe that there is good in every even the villians. that's why one my favorite movies besides the christopher reeves version of superman is all star superman because it shows how human he really is and how much people take him for granted.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.