Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

What do you think Superman's stats are?

• 112 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee927346fb
    deactivated-5aeee927346fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Superman is definitely one of the most if not the most popular comic book character to date, spawning dozens of "clones"; he's often used as a measuring stick to gauge the strength and power of other heroes and villains. But how would you rate his stats?

The stats I'm referring to are:

• Striking Power
    • Heat Vision Potency
    • Durability against Blunt Force
    • Durability against Energy Attacks
    • Combat Speed
    • Travel Speed
    • Lifting Strength

I'm talking about a Post-Crisis/Post-Flashpoint version of the character, Rebirth basically.

The Scale:

Above - Specify

Star Level

For Striking Power:

Capable of destroying a star like our Sun with one stationary physical hit

For Heat Vision Potency:

Capable of destroying a star like our Sun or one-shotting an enemy with Star Level durability against energy attacks

For Durability:

• Against Blunt Force: Capable of surviving (without being K.O.'d) a direct hit capable of destroying a star like our Sun
    • Against Energy Attacks: Capable of surviving (without being K.O.'d) being at the very epicentre of an explosion capable of destroying a star like our Sun or surviving a blast that would have a similar effect

For Lifting Strength:

Capable of lifting, pushing or pulling mass equivalent of that of our Sun

Large/Multi Planet Level

For Striking Power:

Capable of destroying a planet like Earth multiple times over with one stationary physical hit

For Heat Vision Potency:

Capable of destroying a planet like Earth multiple times over or one-shotting an enemy with Large/Multi Planet Level durability against energy attacks

For Durability:

• Against Blunt Force: Capable of surviving (without being K.O.'d) a direct hit capable of destroying a planet like Earth multiple times over
    • Against Energy Attacks: Capable of surviving (without being K.O.'d) being at the very epicentre of an explosion capable of destroying a planet like Earth multiple times over or surviving a blast that would have a similar effect

For Lifting Strength:

Capable of lifting, pushing or pulling mass equivalent of that of multiple Earths

Planet Level

For Striking Power:

Capable of destroying a planet like Earth with one stationary physical hit

For Heat Vision Potency:

Capable of destroying a planet like Earth or one-shotting an enemy with Planet Level durability against energy attacks

For Durability:

• Against Blunt Force: Capable of surviving (without being K.O.'d) a direct hit capable of destroying a planet like Earth
    • Against Energy Attacks: Capable of surviving (without being K.O.'d) being at the very epicentre of an explosion capable of destroying a planet like Earth or surviving a blast that would have a similar effect

For Lifting Strength:

Capable of lifting, pushing or pulling mass equivalent of that of the Earth

Small Planet Level

For Striking Power:

Capable of destroying a planet like Mars with one stationary physical hit

For Heat Vision Potency:

Capable of destroying a planet like Mars or one-shotting an enemy with Small Planet Level durability against energy attacks

For Durability:

• Against Blunt Force: Capable of surviving (without being K.O.'d) a direct hit capable of destroying a planet like Mars
    • Against Energy Attacks: Capable of surviving (without being K.O.'d) being at the very epicentre of an explosion capable of destroying a planet like Mars or surviving a blast that would have a similar effect

For Lifting Strength:

Capable of lifting, pushing or pulling mass equivalent of that of the Mars

Moon Level

For Striking Power:

Capable of destroying a moon like ours with one stationary physical hit

For Heat Vision Potency:

Capable of destroying a moon like ours or one-shotting an enemy with Moon Level durability against energy attacks

For Durability:

• Against Blunt Force: Capable of surviving (without being K.O.'d) a direct hit capable of destroying a moon like ours
    • Against Energy Attacks: Capable of surviving (without being K.O.'d) being at the very epicentre of an explosion capable of destroying a moon like ours or surviving a blast that would have a similar effect

For Lifting Strength:

Capable of lifting, pushing or pulling mass equivalent of our Moon

Surface Wiping Level

For Striking Power:

Capable of destroying everything on our planet's surface with one stationary physical hit

For Heat Vision Potency:

Capable of destroying everything on our planet's surface or one-shotting an enemy with Surface Wiping Level durability against energy attacks

For Durability:

• Against Blunt Force: Capable of surviving (without being K.O.'d) a direct hit capable of destroying everything on our planet's surface
    • Against Energy Attacks: Capable of surviving (without being K.O.'d) being at the very epicentre of an explosion capable of destroying everything on our planet's surface or surviving a blast that would have a similar effect

For Lifting Strength:

Capable of lifting, pushing or pulling mass equivalent to the crust our planet

Large/Multi Continental Level

For Striking Power:

Capable of destroying a continent like Africa or the Americas with one stationary physical hit

For Heat Vision Potency:

Capable of destroying a continent like Africa or the Americas or one-shotting an enemy with Multi Continental Level durability against energy attacks

For Durability:

• Against Blunt Force: Capable of surviving (without being K.O.'d) a direct hit capable of destroying a continent like Africa or the Americas
    • Against Energy Attacks: Capable of surviving (without being K.O.'d) being at the very epicentre of an explosion capable of destroying a continent like Africa or the Americas or surviving a blast that would have a similar effect

For Lifting Strength:

Capable of lifting, pushing or pulling mass equivalent to multiple tectonic plates

Continental Level

For Striking Power:

Capable of destroying the continent of Europe with one stationary physical hit

For Heat Vision Potency:

Capable of destroying the continent of Europe or one-shotting an enemy with Continental Level durability against energy attacks

For Durability:

• Against Blunt Force: Capable of surviving (without being K.O.'d) a direct hit capable of destroying the continent of Europe
    • Against Energy Attacks: Capable of surviving (without being K.O.'d) being at the very epicentre of an explosion capable of destroying the continent of Europe or surviving a blast that would have a similar effect

For Lifting Strength:

Capable of lifting, pushing or pulling mass equivalent to a single tectonic plate

Below - Specify

===================================================================

Speed

• Massively FTL+ (x1000+ Speed of Light)
    • Massively FTL (x100-1000 Speed of Light)
    • FTL+ (x10-100 Speed of Light)
    • FTL (x1-10 Speed of Light)
    • Speed of Light
    • Relativistic+ (50%-99% SoL)
    • Relativistic (10%-50% SoL)
    • Sub-Relativistic+ (5%-10% SoL)
    • Sub-Relativistic (1%-5% SoL)
    • Massively Hypersonic+ (Mach 1000-8810.2)
    • Massively Hypersonic (Mach 100-1000)
    • High Hypersonic+ (Mach 50-100)
    • High Hypersonic (Mach 25-50)
    • Below - Specify

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Which version of Superman are you talking about?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I've said in the OP, Post-Crisis and Post-Flashpoint, Rebirth basically.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Planet level or maaybe a notch above.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lvenger

@darkhoudini: Well Rebirth technically isn't as powerful as either Post Crisis or Post Flashpoint Superman but you're basically asking for composite Superman stats. So I get that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: He doesn't need to be planetary for every stat, for example he might have planetary durability but multi-continental striking power or planetary striking but multi planetary strength.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@darkhoudini: Hmm, then I guess I will let the Superman experts do the talking. Though as Lvenger said, Rebirth Superman is rather nerfed so I dunno.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Why? You mean feat-wise? Feats don't really matter, Rebirth Supes has the same history as both Supermen, he'll need time to get the same feats obviously...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkhoudini: Yes I mean feat wise but this thread is about composite Superman so we can count both versions' feats. Will post something soon.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By TheKinfing

@darkhoudini: Good thread, I see alot of potential here, I will try and do my best to explain where do I rank him on each category, will add scans later if I think its neccesary.

Striking: Moon Level-Small Planet

Superman has three different Moon Busting/Shattering feats, a mind controlled Superman has been capable of one-shotting John Stewarts constructs, which have endured planetary explosion on three different occasions if I'm correct, during his fight Konvikt he hitted the former with enough force to shatter small planets, Post-Flashpoint Superman he has been capable of shaking the entire Planet from the core to the JLA Watchtower during his fight with H'el.

Lifting Strength: Planetary

A composite Superman has feats such as throwing a ship the size of a small Moon before unlocking his potential by Mongul, moving the Warworld, a roughly Moon-sized ship after being affected by Kryptonite, with the help of Hal Jordan he managed to overcome a weakened Starbreaker pull and moved the Earth, Bench-Pressing the equivalent of Earth weight for five straight days while being cut from his power source, he was also capable of keeping the Moon on orbit with the help of Kyle Rayner and later by himself, and his best feat is lifting Brainiac's ship(which was well above a dozen times bigger than our Planet) with the help of The Martian Manhunter, while said ship was moving at 36,000 MPH towards Earth, I will say that this is probably one of the most difficult categories to gauge, on average he's probably planetary or so, perhaps multi-continental, but by High-End Feats he's pushing the Planetary+ category and even entering the Large Planet realm.

Speed: Relativistic-FTL for Combat, FTL-FTL+ for Travel

For combat speed he has too much feats for me to count, but the ones I think are the most impressive include, blitzing Wonder Woman from the Earth to the Sun in less than 2 minutes, bullrusing Doomsday on two different occasions from Earth to Mars and from a a Bizarro Planet to its moon, respectively, fighting Sakki at hypersonic speeds, punching Doomsday 4,035 times before the former could react, he also managed to blitz multiples Imperiex Probes, Blitzing a ship that was moving at ''extra-satured lightspeeds'' among other things.

For Travel speed he has dozens of feats that put him comfortably in the FTL range, he manages to routinely travel from the Earth to the virtually any part of the Solar System in mere minutes, he's capable of travelling to other Solar Systemts with considerable ease and he's has been capable of travelling across the Universe in a matter of months. Not much to say here if you ask me.

Durability: Planteray for both

Low-Tier powerhouses such as Wonder Woman and Icon have had problems hurting him or even flat out damaged themselves attempting in doing so, he has survived an explosion equivalent to a 1,000,000 nukes, he no-sold the explosion of an Imperiex Probe which one-shotted Wonder Woman, he has been punched into orbit on three different occasions by characters that are as strong or even stronger than himself and he tanked it every time. He has been punched across the United Stated with minor discomfort, he tanked getting punched through the planet by Bizarro, he tanked a beam that could crack a continent in half, he survived the explosion of the Great World after being affected by Kryptonite, he tanked the destruction of Warwold(which destroyed Pluto) with only a ring to his ears, he survived the explosion of New Krypton, he survived the collision of Apokolipsis and New Genesis, and his most impressive feats: surving a Supernova, he got KO'd but still extremely impressive.

Heat Vision

Honestly I don't recall many impressive feats for this I don't doubt he has them, I simply can't recall them, but If I had to name a few I would say that him destroying a forcefield that Supergirl & Jonh Stewart couldn't and him greatly injuring N52 Doomsday rank among his best.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Lifting Strength - Planetary/Large Planet Level
    • Striking Strength - Moon/Small Planet Level
    • Travel Speed - FTL (10-100 Speed of Light)
    • Combat Speed - FTL (x1-10 Speed of Light)
    • Durability - Planet Level for both
    • Heat Vision - To be honest it's probably below continental level. Superman's heat vision doesn't have great scale or scope to its AOE or destructive capabilities.
    coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By coolcat4

Lifting Strength: large/multi planet possibly star level but most likely not there.

Striking Strength: Planet level

Travel speed: FTL+ (x10-100 Speed of Light)

Combat speed: speed of light.

Durability: large/multi planet.

Heat Vision: no clue

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SirNeko
    • Striking Power - Continent
    • Heat Vision Potency - Surface wiping
    • Durability (separate for Blunt Force and Energy Attacks) - Large Planet
    • Lifting Strength - Planet
    • Speed (separate for Combat and Travel Speed ) Massively MFTL
    Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Laiks Stake

Moon level.

Knight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Knight101

Based on what I've seen, these are Superman's stats:

Striking Power: Moon Level, Small Planet.

Heat Vision Potency: Surface Wiping Level. The reason why I put this at this level is because I've seen Superman's Heat Vision blast an entire planet, but didn't destroy it.

Durability: Planet Level for both.

Lifting Strength: Planet Level, possibly higher but we've never seen his upper limit yet and, personally, I hope we never do.

Travel Speed: FTL+ (x10-100 Speed of Light)

Combat Speed: Relativistic+ (50%-99% SoL). I don't know why some posters placed Superman's combat speed as either FTL or speed of light when there is zero proof of that. Some posters might point out that Superman took Diana all the way to the sun in less than 2 minutes as proof. But it's really not proof since we didn't see Superman punching Diana during the trip. All we saw was Superman taking Diana into space, then flying there with her, then fighting her in orbit around the sun. So we didn't actually see Superman throwing punches at FTL. Other such examples exist but I've made my point. I'm a long time reader of Superman and I've never seen Superman's fists or him fighting at FTL speeds. Not once. His combat speed simply isn't that fast.

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed95594e07
    deactivated-62aed95594e07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lifting Strength : Planetary/ Large Planet Level.

Striking Power : Moon/Small Planet.

Durability : Planetary for both

Travel Speed : FTL (10-100 Speed of Light)

Combat Speed : FTL (1-10 Speed of Light)

Heat Vision : I don't remember any of his impressive heat vision showings. Maybe continental.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: (((Combat Speed - FTL (x1-10 Speed of Light))))

I don't get it. How do you determine Combat Speed here.

Do you only include speed feats that specifically show fights?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga: Basically, combat speed tends to be determined by how fast a character can fight as well as the speed of their reaction times.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I know the definition of combat speed.

But how do you guys actually determine Combat Speed?

Do you take feats of his reactions? Take feats on how fast his limbs move?

Or do you take hyper-specific instances of on-panel statements claiming "I'm fighting faster than the speed of light x5"?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How the **** do you destroy a star with a punch?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

The same way you destroy a planet? Scientifically the "how" exactly doesn't matter so much, you just need to add a certain amount of energy into a system. You could also go by scaling, or similar feats, for example busting a white dwarf or a neutron star is quantifiably very close to busting a star, or if you destroy a planet and the resulting explosion travels interplanetary distances and bust another one, this would also be pretty close to star busting. And finally you could go with canon handbook statements and the like.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

The same way you destroy a planet? Scientifically the "how" exactly doesn't matter so much, you just need to add a certain amount of energy into a system. You could also go by scaling, or similar feats, for example busting a white dwarf or a newtron star is quantifiably very close to busting a star, or if you destroy a planet and the resulting explosion travels interplanetary distances and bust another one, this would also be pretty close to star busting. And finally you could go with canon handbook statements and the like.

But... stars aren't even solid.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: You could punch the core, white dwarfs and neutron stars are definitely solid, and if for example two characters were to physically fight in the Sun and it got destroyed due to shockwaves then those characters would obviously have Star Level punches. There are ways to show that kind of physical power.

Shadow411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knight101:

This guy knows what he's talking about!!

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinite, of course.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b466be4b5981
    deactivated-5b466be4b5981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really high

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flying at speeds around light, he can bust a moon but it'll KO him so around those levels.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: a star level punches or attack would be equal to the amount of energy a star can explode.

E = mc^2 was Einstein approximation on the energy level a star would explode at.

So the question is, what level of a star? Are we saying the entire star is focused in a small area like a fist?

Wally west said his IMP is equated to the amount of energy of a white dwarf star. That would be his kinetic energy is equal to the total energy of a white dwarf star.

That's how I'd base things.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto, @slimj87d:

a star level punches or attack would be equal to the amount of energy a star can explode.

Not really, supernovae are more powerful than the energy needed to bust our Sun, what I've (and is generally accepted) set as star level. A foe is the average energy of a supernova, and it equals 10^44 joules while our Sun's gravitational binding energy (the energy needed to destroy something) is a bit over 2×10^41 joules, that is 500 times less powerful.

E = mc^2 was Einstein approximation on the energy level a star would explode at.

Um, no, E=mc^2 is an equation that tells us that anything with mass has an equivalent amount of energy or in other words that mass and energy are really the same physical entity, mass is just concentrated energy. It really has nothing to do with stars exploding, well there's probably some way to utilize it, but stars exploding were never Einstein's purpose, the mass-energy equivalence (E=mc^2) comes from his theory of special relativity, i.e. his theory regarding the relationship between space and time.

So the question is, what level of a star? Are we saying the entire star is focused in a small area like a fist?

When I say star level, I mean a star like our Sun, also you don't need to have a star compressed to the size of a fist to punch with enough force to destroy the Sun, in the real world you would just need to accelerate your fist to insane speeds, way over 99.99999% the speed of light insane, in comics you just need the feats.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By slimj87d

@darkhoudini said:

@nickzambuto, @slimj87d:

a star level punches or attack would be equal to the amount of energy a star can explode.

Not really, supernovae are more powerful than the energy needed to bust our Sun, what I've (and is generally accepted) set as star level. A foe is the average energy of a supernova, and it equals 10^44 joules while our Sun's gravitational binding energy (the energy needed to destroy something) is a bit over 2×10^41 joules, that is 500 times less powerful.

Um, no, E=mc^2 is an equation that tells us that anything with mass has an equivalent amount of energy or in other words that mass and energy are really the same physical entity, mass is just concentrated energy. It really has nothing to do with stars exploding, well there's probably some way to utilize it, but stars exploding were never Einstein's purpose, the mass-energy equivalence (E=mc^2) comes from his theory of special relativity, i.e. his theory regarding the relationship between space and time.

When I say star level, I mean a star like our Sun, also you don't need to have a star compressed to the size of a fist to punch with enough force to destroy the Sun, in the real world you would just need to accelerate your fist to insane speeds, way over 99.99999% the speed of light insane, in comics you just need the feats.

E = mc^2 is equating mass to energy and energy to mass. It's that simple. The amount of energy a person, truck or star has is the amount of energy they are.

If a star explodes, the maximum amount of energy that it can produce from its explosion is equal to the amount of mass the star is. It cannot produce anymore energy than that. That energy though will be split up into various types of categories (thermal, gravitational, kinetic forces, sate changes, etc) + whatever mass that maybe left over.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: What do you think of his other stats?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By slimj87d

@thekinfing said:

@slimj87d: What do you think of his other stats?

It's hard for me to really say. He can run at speeds around Mach 9,000 (maybe he can run faster but off the top of my head he ran at around Mach 9,000 in a scan). He should be to scale like a person that can run at Mach 9000, but then again he can survive colliding into a moon at around the speed of light.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: When stars explode they don't become pure energy, not all of their mass is converted into energy, not even close, the only way to get that maximum amount of energy out of a certain amount of mass in to annihilate an object with an equal amount of antimatter. This doesn't happen when stars explode since antimatter is next to non-existent.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By slimj87d

@darkhoudini: did you read my post? Did you see the part where I explained that mc^2 = E total = E thermal + E state changes + etc and etc?

I didn't say the explosion would approach those levels. I said it can never exceed it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Of course it can never exceed it, but, as you said, it doesn't come close either, so why mention it?

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathbattle level

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
    deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Universal and MFTL lololololol but seriously I've seen a lot of universal feats from Superman in Post Crisis but how come nobody classifies him as universal?

Avatar image for dbultrainstinct
    DBUltraInstinct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko said:
    • Striking Power - Continent
    • Heat Vision Potency - Surface wiping
    • Durability (separate for Blunt Force and Energy Attacks) - Large Planet
    • Lifting Strength - Planet
    • Speed (separate for Combat and Travel Speed ) Massively MFTL
    @lvenger said:
    • Lifting Strength - Planetary/Large Planet Level
    • Striking Strength - Moon/Small Planet Level
    • Travel Speed - FTL (10-100 Speed of Light)
    • Combat Speed - FTL (x1-10 Speed of Light)
    • Durability - Planet Level for both
    • Heat Vision - To be honest it's probably below continental level. Superman's heat vision doesn't have great scale or scope to its AOE or destructive capabilities.

@darkhoudini: Good thread, I see alot of potential here, I will try and do my best to explain where do I rank him on each category, will add scans later if I think its neccesary.

Striking: Moon Level-Small Planet

Superman has three different Moon Busting/Shattering feats, a mind controlled Superman has been capable of one-shotting John Stewarts constructs, which have endured planetary explosion on three different occasions if I'm correct, during his fight Konvikt he hitted the former with enough force to shatter small planets, Post-Flashpoint Superman he has been capable of shaking the entire Planet from the core to the JLA Watchtower during his fight with H'el.

Lifting Strength: Planetary

A composite Superman has feats such as throwing a ship the size of a small Moon before unlocking his potential by Mongul, moving the Warworld, a roughly Moon-sized ship after being affected by Kryptonite, with the help of Hal Jordan he managed to overcome a weakened Starbreaker pull and moved the Earth, Bench-Pressing the equivalent of Earth weight for five straight days while being cut from his power source, he was also capable of keeping the Moon on orbit with the help of Kyle Rayner and later by himself, and his best feat is lifting Brainiac's ship(which was well above a dozen times bigger than our Planet) with the help of The Martian Manhunter, while said ship was moving at 36,000 MPH towards Earth, I will say that this is probably one of the most difficult categories to gauge, on average he's probably planetary or so, perhaps multi-continental, but by High-End Feats he's pushing the Planetary+ category and even entering the Large Planet realm.

Speed: Relativistic-FTL for Combat, FTL-FTL+ for Travel

For combat speed he has too much feats for me to count, but the ones I think are the most impressive include, blitzing Wonder Woman from the Earth to the Sun in less than 2 minutes, bullrusing Doomsday on two different occasions from Earth to Mars and from a a Bizarro Planet to its moon, respectively, fighting Sakki at hypersonic speeds, punching Doomsday 4,035 times before the former could react, he also managed to blitz multiples Imperiex Probes, Blitzing a ship that was moving at ''extra-satured lightspeeds'' among other things.

For Travel speed he has dozens of feats that put him comfortably in the FTL range, he manages to routinely travel from the Earth to the virtually any part of the Solar System in mere minutes, he's capable of travelling to other Solar Systemts with considerable ease and he's has been capable of travelling across the Universe in a matter of months. Not much to say here if you ask me.

Durability: Planteray for both

Low-Tier powerhouses such as Wonder Woman and Icon have had problems hurting him or even flat out damaged themselves attempting in doing so, he has survived an explosion equivalent to a 1,000,000 nukes, he no-sold the explosion of an Imperiex Probe which one-shotted Wonder Woman, he has been punched into orbit on three different occasions by characters that are as strong or even stronger than himself and he tanked it every time. He has been punched across the United Stated with minor discomfort, he tanked getting punched through the planet by Bizarro, he tanked a beam that could crack a continent in half, he survived the explosion of the Great World after being affected by Kryptonite, he tanked the destruction of Warwold(which destroyed Pluto) with only a ring to his ears, he survived the explosion of New Krypton, he survived the collision of Apokolipsis and New Genesis, and his most impressive feats: surving a Supernova, he got KO'd but still extremely impressive.

Heat Vision

Honestly I don't recall many impressive feats for this I don't doubt he has them, I simply can't recall them, but If I had to name a few I would say that him destroying a forcefield that Supergirl & Jonh Stewart couldn't and him greatly injuring N52 Doomsday rank among his best.

Eh, I have to disagree with these. Superman's striking prowess is city level at best.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieldaripper: Because those feats aren't consistent, also PC Superman only has two universal feats to my knowledge.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
    deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: I have this one, I will try to post some later

Is able to break Monarch's armor which has shown to be able to contain Captain Atom from destroying the universe
    Is able to break Monarch's armor which has shown to be able to contain Captain Atom from destroying the universe

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0rldwarweeb:

Eh, I have to disagree with these. Superman's striking prowess is city level at best.

And why is that?

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed95594e07
    deactivated-62aed95594e07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0rldwarweeb: Superman's striking prowess is city level at best.

You sure about this? Clark has shaken Earth with an indirect punch. It's definitely above city level.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga: Basically by all 3 things you've said. Your guessing is pretty good.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Superman split a moon in half without being KOed by it, just so you know. ^_^

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By slimj87d

@paragonxxx: I know, but the point was the moon button the speed he hit it. Like driving into a wall at x speed and drivinf into same wall but at 10X speed.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: The Shadow Moon feat is actually above moon level striking power because it was travelling at over 7 million kilometres per hour so Superman would need to have generated more force than needed to bust the actual moon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.