Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Trinity#2 Discussion

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Two issues in and it's more primarily Superman focused than Trinity focused, but now that we're past the big revelation of who's behind things and what they're using to entrap the trio (which the solits spoiled in advance) and the next issue blurb indicating Batman's dreams are up next, we should be covering all three before long.

I wonder how Ivy found out about Clark and Bruce? Does Ivy know Bruce is Batman? I've only recently got back into Bat-books after lapsing for years so inform me if I'm blanking on that detail.

I was a bit confused at first when reading the issue and had to check twice if this was a third issue or not, but then I remembered what the solits had spoiled and it all made sense after a while. It was interesting to see Bruce, despite being in a dream-state, be the voice of reason with Clark's sequence, and Diana sort of coming to his defence based off her loss of her own island, wonder who'll be the voice of reason when the White Mercy focuses on Bruce next?

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By UltimateSMfan

This book really hits with all the emotional beats for me. Loved the interaction between Clark and Jonathan(Sr.) made me well up a bit.

The first story of TRINITY and it's these larger than life people having good emotional interaction with each other. An homage to 'For the man who has eveything' that's why the initial focus on Clark and maybe some action down the line.

Was a little confused too about Ivy possibly knowing who Bruce and Clark are but the 'HE' behind it all must be to blame. Has he been revealed to be Mongul? I'll have to check up on that. Maybe he has her influenced somehow.

Liked the way the first Issue was narrated by Lois, this one by Superman and guessing the next one by Bruce.

FreedomZebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FreedomZebra

While not as satisfying as the first issue it was still really good. My only complaint is that as much as I enjoyed the focus on Superman and the theme of fatherhood, I'm already getting that in the main Superman title and would prefer more focus on the relationship between the trinity. Not a major problem and I'm sure we'll be getting a lot more of them in issues to come.

I love the design of Poison Ivy. Far too often I find artists get really into the plant person design with vines everywhere and green skin. I much prefer this simple, classic look.

I kind of hope we don't go back to the Wayne murders. I mean, it wouldn't bother me that much, but I think it would be better if we went back to a different murder from Bruce's past. Maybe the death of the Graysons? I don't think that's something Superman or Wonder Woman have ever dealt with as they usually meet Bruce after he gets Robin. Or maybe Jason's death. Either one would tie into the theme of fatherhood.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Besides the good issue.. the variant cover with Supes really looks like Henry Cavill.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So what does Poison Ivy want out of this?

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: Probably for some kind of exchange. Batman is one thing, but she went after Superman of all people. Whatever she gets must be worth it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.