Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

THE TOP 5 GREATEST BATTLES OF SUPERMAN

Avatar image for mego_stretch_hulk
    Mego_Stretch_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mego_Stretch_Hulk

Superman is the standard to which all other superheroes are measured by. His tales of heroics and high adventure have inspired people and pop-culture for generations. Appearing in thousands upon thousands of comic books around the world, Superman has become more than a icon, he has become a symbol of hope and dedication. For the first time ever, I rank his 5 greatest battles ever that tested his heart and defined him into the hero that he is.

http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-top-5-greatest-battles-of-superman.html

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By PowerHerc

These are all worthy battles but I think the "Superman vs Doomsday" battle should be ranked #5 and the rest should all move up one spot each.

Mego_Stretch_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mego_Stretch_Hulk

Truth is, I HATED Superman vs Doomsday and I thought it was lame. But I don't let my personal feelings get involved with the rankings, I had to go with facts. The Death of Superman made an undeniably impact on the culture and it showcased Superman's will more-so than any other battle in his history.

Facts are facts.

Hope you enjoyed it.

Mego_Stretch_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mego_Stretch_Hulk

Up and away!!

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By toptom

my top 5 greatest battles are:

1 superman vs doomsday. ( this one is too important for not to be the first)

2 superman vs the elitè

3 superman vs kyber

4 superman (supermEn) vs sb-prime

5 superman vs subject-17

Mego_Stretch_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mego_Stretch_Hulk

That's correct. No matter what you think about the whole Doomsday debacle personally, you can't deny its influence in the Superman mythos.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.