Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

The Official Superman Movie Thread

• 94 results
    jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jasraj
    lets talk about the Superman movies 

What do you think of the Superman movies (1-6)? 
    What is your faviourte Superman movie?

Which is it the worst Superman movie? 

THE REBOOT

What Superman suit should be used for the movie? 
    Who should play Superman? 

In a nutshell talk about the Superman movies and also the Superman reboot
    caesarsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By caesarsghost

they should use the suit from Superman: Earth One. Still classic, but updated in various ways (texture, different colors on the suit, boots are redone, shield is placed differently, cape hangs differently etc...)  

Best Superman movie?  The 1978 Christopher Reeve.
    jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jasraj
    @caesarsghost said:
    "they should use the suit from Superman: Earth One. Still classic, but updated in various ways (texture, different colors on the suit, boots are redone, shield is placed differently, cape hangs differently etc...)   Best Superman movie?  The 1978 Christopher Reeve. "

The Earth One suit seems good, Superman II for me
    jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jasraj
    @caesarsghost:
    I like the tone of blue in this Superman suit, i say this one should be used 

OR 

caesarsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By caesarsghost
    @jasraj:
    ooh, Superman II is good. I might have to change my vote to that one.  

But, I still dont know. The whole scene where Zod and his flunkies trash the town was cool, but a little long winded.  
    Keeping that in mind, though, the very ending where Supes tricks them is PRICELESS.
    CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By CrimsonAvenger
    @jasraj:  
    I say go with the second one.

I liked Superman and Superman II. Superman IV though is till the worst. 
    For the reboot I think they need a tough Superman not a pretty boy Superman.
    jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jasraj
    @caesarsghost said:
    "@jasraj: ooh, Superman II is good. I might have to change my vote to that one.   But, I still dont know. The whole scene where Zod and his flunkies trash the town was cool, but a little long winded.  Keeping that in mind, though, the very ending where Supes tricks them is PRICELESS. "

Yeah, i loved the ending, wherehe threw that S at them, it was classic
    jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jasraj
    @CrimsonAvenger said:
    " @jasraj:  I say go with the second one. I liked Superman and Superman II. Superman IV though is till the worst.  For the reboot I think they need a tough Superman not a pretty boy Superman. "

Superman Returns was the worst for me, and i hated the suit in Superman Returns, KC Superman was pretty tough, and what do you think of the new animated All Star Superman?
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Gambit1024

The best Superman movie? The first one. The beginning on Krypton sorta dragged, but that movie will always be one of the best. Worst? Well Superman 3 and 4 never happened, so I'll go with Returns because it was so BORING. And I didn't care for the fact that my childhood hero was depicted as an illegitimate father.  

For the reboot, we're kinda guaranteed that Superman will actually FIGHT someone this time (thanks to Zak Schneider). I'd like Lex to be in it. Not as a main villain, but he needs to be involved with the actual plot. Perhaps the main baddie should be Metallo? If not, then the Superman Birthright story should be done as it's my favorite of the origin tellings (assuming this is another origin film).  

For his suit, it's classic or nothing. The Returns suit sucked. That "S" (which is a symbol for hope) was way to small. Kingdom Come's suit was good, but that's not the right Superman symbol. I wouldn't be totally be against switching the yellow colors to black, but I'd be mostly satisfied if they left his costume alone. 

jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jasraj
    @Gambit1024 said:
    "The best Superman movie? The first one. The beginning on Krypton sorta dragged, but that movie will always be one of the best. Worst? Well Superman 3 and 4 never happened, so I'll go with Returns because it was so BORING. And I didn't care for the fact that my childhood hero was depicted as an illegitimate father.   For the reboot, we're kinda guaranteed that Superman will actually FIGHT someone this time (thanks to Zak Schneider). I'd like Lex to be in it. Not as a main villain, but he needs to be involved with the actual plot. Perhaps the main baddie should be Metallo? If not, then the Superman Birthright story should be done as it's my favorite of the origin tellings (assuming this is another origin film).   For his suit, it's classic or nothing. The Returns suit sucked. That "S" (which is a symbol for hope) was way to small. Kingdom Come's suit was good, but that's not the right Superman symbol. I wouldn't be totally be against switching the yellow colors to black, but I'd be mostly satisfied if they left his costume alone.  "

Disagree on which movie is the best, but agree on which is the worst, YES, i want Superman to fight someone, i want them to bring Zod back, but only Zod instead of the other two, or mabye Doomsday, i would want this suit, it's very similar to the Chris Reeves Superman suit, the only difference is the tone of blue, i would like a darker blue, you know, like this

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gambit1024
    @jasraj: I'd like that suit. That's really the one that's defined the character for all these years. I did like the 2nd movie, but Superman 1 will always be my fave. Doomsday is more of a sequel villain if anything. Zod should at least be mentioned in the reboot if he's not the villain. 
    jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jasraj
    @Gambit1024 said:
    " @jasraj: I'd like that suit. That's really the one that's defined the character for all these years. I did like the 2nd movie, but Superman 1 will always be my fave. Doomsday is more of a sequel villain if anything. Zod should at least be mentioned in the reboot if he's not the villain.  "

Yeah, the suit is quite good it's the shade of blue that really brings out the character, the first movie still is amazing in my eyes, i would like to see Zod and Superman fight, and also, what do you think of the new All Star Superman movie?
    Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Deranged Midget

Are the animated films counted as well? If so my favourite is Superman Doomsday with the worst being Superman IV. Returns was fine to me, just more fighting would've been appreciated. For the reboot, make the villian Bizarro, someone who matches Superman in terms of power. Doomsday should never be the main villian unless it was the final film of the bunch. As for the costume, the Earth One is modern and fits perfectly. The actor has to be significantly built, not scrawny as some of the nominees mentioned for the reboot.

caesarsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By caesarsghost
    @jasraj said:
    "@caesarsghost said:
    "@jasraj: ooh, Superman II is good. I might have to change my vote to that one.   But, I still dont know. The whole scene where Zod and his flunkies trash the town was cool, but a little long winded.  Keeping that in mind, though, the very ending where Supes tricks them is PRICELESS. "

Yeah, i loved the ending, wherehe threw that S at them, it was classic "

ah yes, that famous cellophane S shield. I thought it was kinda funny.  

But you really cannot beat when he crushes Zod's hand- it is just a perfectly orchestrated cinematic moment. You think he is de-powered, that Superman is finally giving in and then you hear those bones crunching and the music starts in... gets me every time.
    caesarsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By caesarsghost
    @CrimsonAvenger said:

" @jasraj:  I say go with the second one. I liked Superman and Superman II. Superman IV though is till the worst.  For the reboot I think they need a tough Superman not a pretty boy Superman. "

could not agree more. I mean, that is what was so great about Superman II- he got to fight. That is what I want to see in the reboot- Superman fighting someone that he can kind of cut loose on. like this.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywo6F4xYTvA     

per this clip, maybe Darkseid would be a villain that could really fight with Superman.  That is the real key with any Superman fight- you need someone that can challenge him. This is why Zod, Doomsday, and Darkseid are all apt candidates.

And in terms of costume- I like the classic, but like I said earlier- Earth: One was an amazing costume. I mean, just check out the awesomeness... 

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Primmaster64

Yeah the Earth One costume looked cool

caesarsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By caesarsghost
    @Primmaster64 said:
    "Yeah the Earth One costume looked cool"

it was updated just enough to keep it interesting while keeping those classic elements that make Superman's costume iconic
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Adnan

agreed with the general consensus that the earth-one look would be best. I preferred his Godfall look, but it's probably too different from his iconic look...

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Primmaster64

Godfall looked awesome too

caesarsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By caesarsghost
    @Adnan said:
    "agreed with the general consensus that the earth-one look would be best. I preferred his Godfall look, but it's probably too different from his iconic look... "

Godfall Kal-El was pretty cool (the red and white) but you are right- probably a bit too far off from the icon to be recognizable by non Supes fans. But if you are talking about just how Michael Turner did the iconic costume then I say go with that- Turner was my favorite artist, and his take on the costume was awesome- loved the design and the colors.  

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ssejllenrad

Superman was good. 2 was my favourite. Richard Donner cut was slightly weaker in appeal when it came to Superman 2 version.

Superman 3 was my least favourite even though it had one of my all-time fav comedians in Richard Pryor. Well I hated it cause I'm a Computer Science grad and it just felt a lot of inconsistencies and ill logic were presented. 

I liked Superman 4 when I was a kid since it had the "most" action sequences. I was naive then. But as time went by and around 10 more re-watching of the movie, I saw the pathetic film that is Quest for Peace. I don't hate it. I just laugh at it.

Superman Returns, as opposed to what many haters say, is a good movie. It's far from great but it certainly is farther from being bad. Unfortunately, Singer failed to deliver what modern audiences expect from Superhero movies nowadays. We want slugfests goddamnit!

Since it's almost a movie, I'll add my insight on Absolute Justice. It was a good episode and it captured the JSA feel. I hate Smallville but I certainly respect the Absolute Justice episode. It was breathtaking for a Smallville title.

I'm still all for the Conner Kent Titans Tomorrow Costume for the upcoming film.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    caesarsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By caesarsghost
    @ssejllenrad:
    this is an interesting costume- kind of a mix of the Kingdom Come with the black background for the S... but more modernized. I like it!
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gambit1024
    @jasraj: Well I didn't really like the All Star Superman story to begin with, but that won't stop me from watching it. When does it come out?
    clarkkent2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By clarkkent2012
    I would like to see these suits, mabye Batman or Captain Marvel should make cameo

clarkkent2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By clarkkent2012
    Superman needs to lose the red tights, it's a bit silly at times
    caesarsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By caesarsghost
    @clarkkent2012 said:
    "Superman needs to lose the red tights, it's a bit silly at times "

the tights arent red, they are blue.  

If you are talking about the red undies- then yeah, he might need to lose those, or at least change them. It depends though- Batman has kept his, and he still looks cool
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By PowerHerc

Unless or until a better one is finally made; Superman II is easily the best.
    clarkkent2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By clarkkent2012
    @PowerHerc said:
    "Unless or until a better one is finally made; Superman II is easily the best. "

Agreed, though the Kryptonians had some powers i never knew they had
    clarkkent2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By clarkkent2012
    @caesarsghost said:
    "@clarkkent2012 said:
    the tights arent red, they are blue.   If you are talking about the red undies- then yeah, he might need to lose those, or at least change them. It depends though- Batman has kept his, and he still looks cool "

Yeah the undies, and Batman no longer has his, look at Batman Inc
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Primmaster64

Hmmm I better costume

clarkkent2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By clarkkent2012
    @Primmaster64 said:

"Hmmm I better costume"

the reboot needs a good costume
    clarkkent2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By clarkkent2012

I would really like this suit 

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Primmaster64
    @clarkkent2012: Yep that one's awesome
    clarkkent2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By clarkkent2012
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " @clarkkent2012: Yep that one's awesome"

Yep, it takes away the undies and still looks cool, mabye the reboot could be based off a graphic novel?
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Primmaster64
    @clarkkent2012: Earth One?
    clarkkent2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By clarkkent2012
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " @clarkkent2012: Earth One?"

Mabye, but slightly alter it, i also hope Superman is tougher like he was in KC
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Primmaster64
    @clarkkent2012: KC Superman rocked.
    clarkkent2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By clarkkent2012
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " @clarkkent2012: KC Superman rocked."

yep, the whole graphic novel showed how awsome he was, until he started to lose to Billy, but then Billy took out that bomb and they used his cape as the flag
    clarkkent2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By clarkkent2012
    i hope the Superman actor is buff enough for Superman
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Primmaster64

Not too buff.

clarkkent2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By clarkkent2012
    @Primmaster64 said:
    "Not too buff."

More buff than Brandon Routh
    clarkkent2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By clarkkent2012
    mabye a golden age suit
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Primmaster64
    @clarkkent2012: Tom Welling?
    ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ssejllenrad
    @clarkkent2012 said:
    " i hope the Superman actor is buff enough for Superman "

No Caption Provided
    Hehehehehe! Kidding!
    Rowen545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By Rowen545

In many ways the Ang Lee Hulk and Superman Returns are similar to me. I think both movies were cast well. Ultimately both movies moved too slow and lacked a gratifying conclusion. If Bana was Banner in the Avengers movie I wouldn't mind. I actually like him as Banner more than Norton. I also believe Routh can be a very good Superman, I thought his look was spot on. With Snyder at helm I won't worry about the pace being too slow.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Primmaster64

I just wish they decide what actor is going to be Superman

caesarsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By caesarsghost
    @clarkkent2012 said:
    "@caesarsghost said:
    "@clarkkent2012 said:
    the tights arent red, they are blue.   If you are talking about the red undies- then yeah, he might need to lose those, or at least change them. It depends though- Batman has kept his, and he still looks cool "

Yeah the undies, and Batman no longer has his, look at Batman Inc "

Well I'll be. You are right. Well, mostly right. In some angles Bruce looks like he did lose the undies, but did Dick keep them? And looking at the Birds of Prey 7 cover, the undies are still kind of there.  

But either way, I think we are agreed- the undies need to be lost, or at least changed.
    ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ssejllenrad
    @caesarsghost said:
    " @clarkkent2012 said:
    Well I'll be. You are right. Well, mostly right. In some angles Bruce looks like he did lose the undies, but did Dick keep them? And looking at the Birds of Prey 7 cover, the undies are still kind of there.   But either way, I think we are agreed- the undies need to be lost, or at least changed. "
    AWW HELL NO!

No Caption Provided

Eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh!
    caesarsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By caesarsghost
    @ssejllenrad said:
    " @caesarsghost said:
    " @clarkkent2012 said:
    Well I'll be. You are right. Well, mostly right. In some angles Bruce looks like he did lose the undies, but did Dick keep them? And looking at the Birds of Prey 7 cover, the undies are still kind of there.   But either way, I think we are agreed- the undies need to be lost, or at least changed. "
    AWW HELL NO!

Eheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh! "

Ha ha! Awesome.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#50  Edited By Magian
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " I just wish they decide what actor is going to be Superman "
    Me too.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.