Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superwoman#3 Cover Slightly Updated

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Modified to include Lana rather than Lois.

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
    BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

DC seriously think, that the comic with Lana will have success? Action Comics with her sold worse. After she was replaced, the comic began to sell better. Despite this, they decided to give her a solo comic. Where is the logic?

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HighAccuser

Meh

Drocta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ACTION-PACKED POOPING POSE

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol haters gonna hate.

Subscribing to this book.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki:

True. So far I've been enjoying this comic.

The only true complain I got is about what they did to Steel. The New52 liquid metallic skin looked way better.

True that Lois death so soon was something I didn't see coming, but I already disliked Lois with psychic powers during the Psi-Wars, so her having kryptonian powers was something I was interested in but I was not gonna follow through.

But now that's focused on Lana, and how she's been using her energy based powers, it seems far more interesting.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: Yup. Lana with energy based powers is a win for me. And I really dig her design.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@sanohibiki: I doubt you can blame them, the advertising was all about Lois as Superwoman only for the issue to drop killing off New 52 Lois straight away and making Lana the titular character. It's a decision I agree with but Lois fans would have wanted to read about Lois based on the solicits and covers. Lana with Superman Blue energy powers is kind of cool I admit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a853424245e3
    deactivated-5a853424245e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC seriously think, that the comic with Lana will have success?

With me, yes.

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still not bad as the marvel garbage that is being put out

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@sanohibiki: I doubt you can blame them, the advertising was all about Lois as Superwoman only for the issue to drop killing off New 52 Lois straight away and making Lana the titular character. It's a decision I agree with but Lois fans would have wanted to read about Lois based on the solicits and covers. Lana with Superman Blue energy powers is kind of cool I admit.

I mean I don't really see the appeal of Lois in general as far as N52 goes. I'm disinterested in this book mainly as a premise but I think New Superman is decent thus far.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beautifultemptress: Well the alternative was Lois, and then I remember trying to read through the latest issues of Action Comics and I was like "Oh Gods, this is meh!" Plus, she already seems to be smarter than Lois or even current Clark in using her powers, so that should be pretty cool to see.

BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cruelestashley: However, Action Comics with her failed miserably. But there was Superman the main character. In this comic, no are two main characters, that appeared together 78 years ago. She didn't succeed. The comic is doomed to failure. Besides, judging to some reports, the second issue of this comic has a low rating, unlike to the first issue.

BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: I don't hate Lana. I'm having normal relation to her. I hate fake advertising and empty words of DC. They said, that a comic about Lois, but in reality, a comic about Lana.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cruelestashley: However, Action Comics with her failed miserably. But there was Superman the main character. In this comic, no are two main characters, that appeared together 78 years ago. She didn't succeed. The comic is doomed to failure. Besides, judging to some reports, the second issue of this comic has a low rating, unlike to the first issue.

Nope. :)

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ZariusII

@beautifultemptress said:

@sanohibiki: I don't hate Lana. I'm having normal relation to her. I hate fake advertising and empty words of DC. They said, that a comic about Lois, but in reality, a comic about Lana.

This whole "I wanted to read about N52 Lois" meme is pretty old now. Let's face it, nobody wanted to read about that character with the real Lois back. It would have muddied the waters and confused readers. People know where they stand with Lana.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: not to mention how the fans complained at first when it was "spoiled" that Lois was Superwoman and now that it turns out it wasn't spoiled. There was a curve no one saw coming, probably the best decision that could have been made all things considering. You're right the whining needs to stop. If you don't like the book and it's premise don't read it.

BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: Speak for yourself. Many fans of Lois wanted to read comic about her. Personally, I wanted to read comics about Lois. But I was very disappointed see Superwoman comic.

BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DeathandGrim

I don't know how to feel about this. Are they really killing Lois off without a trace? Because their dynamic duo vibe was really fun to read and I genuinely felt their relationship. It was refreshing to watch them learn together in the first issue and it pissed me off they cut it so short.

This series has potential for a long life because these two characters in particular had a vibe of unfamiliarity to them. Readers haven't been with them for 70+ years to know their minds and motives. And with them having to adjust to being new heroes it was a true fresh start for them and readers alike. I hope they don't mess this up with Rebirth being as good as it is right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.