Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman's Magic weakness should be removed

BBASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

This weakness makes no sense . I understand the kryptonite one which is related to his homeworld but this magic weakness nonsense makes no sense . just to give you an example , a low tier magician can turn Superman into a sheep and that would be the end of him. So what's the point of making superman too strong if a simple weak magician can beat him very easily?

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I've never seen it as a weakness. He doesnt walk by magic and suddenly he's ill. The way I see it, he's vulnerable to it. Like if magic was a bullet in a gun and it's fired at him. It'll do damage to him.

To me the vulnerability to it makes sense. He's not of a magical world, so why would he have immunity to it.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I remember this page from Busiek's Camelot Falls

No Caption Provided
    OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman does not have a weakness to magic. Conjuring up a magic energy ball that has the property that it can hurt Superman isn't a weakness, it's just screwing with the laws of logic because magic, by its own definition, is just breaking rules of the universe via certain rituals and incantations. No-one is truly immune to something like that. Writers who depict him keeling over the moment he comes he comes in contact with something magical are morons who can't appreciate the finer details - otherwise, why doesn't Superman double over in pain whenever he comes in contact with Zatanna or Dr. Fate?

Superman only really has two weaknesses - kryptonite and absorbing red sun radiation. The former because its radiation is poisonous to him, the latter because unlike other forms of solar radiation, he can't process it to fuel his powers. Everything else is just idiocy. Should getting punched really hard be listed as Superman's weakness? Doomsday did beat him to death after all. No, because we understand what is meant by "Superman is invulnerable" - that he is simply highly durable.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.