Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18938 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman with a Symbiote?

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By krspaceT

Just think about it: the Symbiote suit adapted Spiderman's powers and made them stronger. If a Symbiote attached itself to a Kryptonian, just imagine the power

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not so sure. Does the symbiote give a fixed amount of power or a multiplyer? If the former, then the boost would be minuscule to Superman, and introduce weakness he doesn't need. Bad enough a sonic can hurt his ears, now add that effect on his whole body. Imagine he uses his heat vision too close to himself and hurts himself from the heat.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

Imagine he uses his heat vision too close to himself and hurts himself from the heat.

Or his super hearing sensing more loud noises...

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

The symbiote doesn't enhance the abilities of it's user. All it did for Spider-Man was give him a camouflage ability and unlimited webbing. Even then, I don't think it can replicate Superman's powers as his powers are sustained from an exterior power source, not from himself.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be difficult to do cause well heat vision and all plus he absorbs sunlight so there's that as well

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Press Oblivion

Interesting idea

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would Superman need to be stronger? This is a guy who can fly through the sun and tow the moon. Superman is never beaten because he wasn't strong enough.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The symbiote doesn't enhance the abilities of it's user. All it did for Spider-Man was give him a camouflage ability and unlimited webbing. Even then, I don't think it can replicate Superman's powers as his powers are sustained from an exterior power source, not from himself.

Well, it also made Spider-man physically stronger and almost completely invulnerable, but I kind of doubt it would help Supes at all. I think you all hit the nail on the head, it adds more weaknesses than benefits.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: The symbiote never made Spider-Man physically stronger nor invulnerable. That's a common misconception created by the Animated series in the '90's and most recently Spider-Man 3 where it was shown to give Peter improved physicality.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I wouldn't take wikipedia's for granted as Spider-Man has never once mentioned during his time with the Symbiote that it enhanced any of his physical abilities. All it did was grant him unlimited webbing and a camouflage ability. When it transferred hosts, it gave them enhanced replicated powers of Spider-Man but that's the extent.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: What do you mean it doesnt enhance the abilities of its user? He made old Scorpion stronger, made Eddie stronger?

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: Read my post above. It replicated the powers of Spider-Man and enhanced them, but on it's original host, it did nothing of the sort.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Well every symbiote ever, even one's that werent on a super human first have granted their host enhanced abilities, at the same level as Venom or even greater. Although, Gargan, who was already a super human, was stronger than Brocks Venom, the symbiote abilities seeming to stack with his own. I dont recall a specific mention in comics that the symbiote did increase Spidey's strength though.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: To my knowledge, the only notable Symbiotes were birthed from Venom and Carnage, who in turn simply replicated and expanded on Spider-Man's powers or genetic code. Venom was only slightly stronger than Spider-Man with his biggest advantage being the ability to negate his Spider-Sense. As the Symbiote's reproduced, their offspring became more powerful, as is the case with Carnage and Toxin.

But again, there has never been a mention of Spider-Man gaining any enhancements from the Symbiote. That was always the misconception brought on by TAS and Spider-Man 3.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

it wouldn't work

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: My mistake. I was under the assumption that Superman would be getting the Venom that we know (after the abilities of Spiderman and Scorpion not an untainted symbiote

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By w0nd
    @deranged_midget said:

Exactly i never made spider-man stronger originally. That was just introduced in the show, but why did it turn venom into a hulking mass, as well as toxin.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You mean in regards to physical size? Well for Eddie, he was already larger in size than Peter was so Venom was made larger and more imposing. Similarly to Toxin and Flash, the angrier and out of control the host became, the more physically violent the symbiote would appear. At least, that's my best guess.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By consolemaster001
    HaiDer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah but imagine the symbiote replicated supermans powers, then it would basically become a sun suit like superboy primes except it would heal and could probably shoot heatvision from his hands

Grubberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He could probably freeze stuff by touch. lol

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
    ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh.

Psy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem here is that the symbiote needs to invade the body. Can't do that to Superman. The only scenario that might work for a symbiote is if Superman is depowered, invaded by or bonded with a symbiote and then re-exposed to sunlight. Then I can see the symbiote having taken on the properties of a kryptonian which will be bad news.

FantasyConnect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psy4: It doesn't invade straight away, it attaches on the outside first, and the longer it's worn the further inwards the bond goes. Supes would get a new suit out of it and not much else.

FlavaC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FlavaC

I think there would be definite advantages. Symbiotes can absord weakness/illness potentially making superman immune to kyrptonite, at very least long enough to destroy what ever challenges him.

With regards to symbiotes weakness to sound, I believe this works on the same principle as resonating frequencies in engineering (see Tacoma bridge) supes could vibrate at an opposing frequency. Essentially, I propose they could eliminate each others weaknesses at least.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.