Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman Gets a New Look Post-Convergence

Mightus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@mfundo said:

In the wise words of the Smallville theme song: Somebody saaave me!

LMAO

amathur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman it's becoming a mess. No outfit? All superheroes have an outfit!

kuffyruff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss Superman's old hair :(

Not that the new cut is bad, but stylistically speaking (any hairstylists, correct me if I'm wrong), I think that his old haircut was genuinely more good-looking than a buzz cut.

This new costume looks very "Average Joe"-ish, but in a way that very much suits Superman's underlying "down to Earth" & "human" themes. I do relish the rustic glory of his more noble-looking attire, however.

joli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JUST ANOTHER DC WASTE OF PAPER!!! HOPE YOUR SALES DUMP!!!

HE'S NOT SUPERMAN! IT'S SUPERBOY FROM PRE NEW52!!!!

GIVE HIM HIS COSTUME AND STOP BEING JERKS!!!!!!

DC IS DEAD!!! CONVERGENCE WAS A WASTE!!!! GO BACK TO JOHN BRYNE ORIGIN< THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO SUPERMAN> THAT'S WHERE THE MAN OF STEEL STARTED!!!!!

joli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not the rise of casual Superman, it's the death of DC. Superman can go on in our dreams, this ain't him. Say hello to the return of Kon-El superboy lives again, too bad they just keep screwing it up more and more and more.............................................................~@~

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Yeah thanks to Action Comics #41's preview, it's sinking in that this is taking away what makes Superman...well Superman even moreso than the New 52 was doing already. That's an achievement in of itself. Not sure whether the obvious parallels to Siegel and Shuster's original Golden Age crusading vigilante are purposeful due to the ongoing lawsuit with the Shuster family or because DC don't know what to do with Superman anymore. Could be both now I think of it.

8bitboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can dig this new look. He literally looks like a SUPER MAN!! HEHEHE! As in, a normal looking man with super powers! It's temporary but also very, very fitting :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.