Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman Family Solicitations For June 2013

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Lvenger

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=44177

Feast your eyes on this awesome selection of titles! More details on the first issue of Superman Unchained and more! It also seems Batman/Superman is counted under the Superman family as well. What do you fellow Superman fans think of this?

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

#2  Edited By broo1232

Ahhh superman Unchained looks so good!

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Stormbox

That batman/superman cover is just amazing

Cant wait for superman unchained!

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SmashBrawler
    And in the backup story, learn The New 52 origin of The Parasite!

YESSSSS!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lvenger

@SmashBrawler: Didn't expect a Parasite fan so soon :P

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Lvenger: Much like Shocker, Parasite is a really underutilized character. I can't help but get excited every time they announce they're using him because it makes me think they're finally going to take advantage of his full potential. Plus, it's a new origin, what's not to like?

Oh, but I guess Unchained and Batman/Superman look pretty cool too, especially the latter's cover.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By danhimself

Krypto and Superboy!

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Everything Superman just gets more Awesome each month,after June its gonna be Superman City!!!

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolfrazer

Horray! Glad to see Krypto being more involved, which he should he is apart of the family, he also looks like he is about to tear some SERIOUS **** up! Other titles look nice too!

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

can't wait for the Unchained title

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Kal'smahboi

The Superman/Batman cover looks effing fantastic! This is totally gonna be Superman's year. I can feel it.

@Wolfrazer said:

Horray! Glad to see Krypto being more involved, which he should he is apart of the family, he also looks like he is about to tear some SERIOUS **** up! Other titles look nice too!

Ya, no kidding. I'll probably buy just that issue of Superboy just for Krypto :)
    Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By spinningbirdcake

@Wolfrazer said:

I've always thought that if Superman is one of the strongest characters in the DCU then Kypto should be one of the most dangerous. A guard dog with Kryptonian powers? Yeah that could do some damage.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xblah_blahx

Dayum! That Batman/Superman cover looks good. Can't wait!

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Twentyfive

As a HUGE Superman fan....

Meh.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Stormbox

@Twentyfive said:

As a HUGE Superman fan....

Meh.

Seriously? As a huge superman fan, "meh"? Snyder/lee on superman, greg pak on batman/superman, krypto is back and superboy gets a decent writer, parasite is back too, and still "meh"?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wolfrazer
    @spinningbirdcake said:

@Wolfrazer said:

I've always thought that if Superman is one of the strongest characters in the DCU then Kypto should be one of the most dangerous. A guard dog with Kryptonian powers? Yeah that could do some damage.

Clearly, attack/guard dogs can be lethal and that is just normal attack/guard dogs whereas Krypto is super powered one(though he looks more like a wolf now which is even more BA), so ya he should be quite dangerous to pretty much anyone, also look at them FANGS Krypto has...I mean **** those things look like they can tear through anything.
    the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By the_tree

I'm most excited to check out Batman/Superman, Action Comics, and Superman Unchained, they all look fantastic.

I'm also hopeful that Jordan can make Superboy into something worth reading.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Twentyfive

@Stormbox:There is no doubt that I'm excited about unchained, however, aside from Supergirl, I am not even marginally interested in any of the other books. I'm just not as enthused as I used to be, I guess. I'll pass for another book.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Batman/Superman is considered to be a Superman family title? Shouldn't it be a Justice League title?

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Stormbox

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

Batman/Superman is considered to be a Superman family title? Shouldn't it be a Justice League title?

Superman/batman was considered a superman title back then so i guess it makes sense this is considered a superman title as well

They probably did it because they want to strengthen the superman family of books and also because this title usually has more to do with superman than batman

For example the first arc of supes/bats was about lex luthor, the second about supergirl and the third about the legion of supervillains

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JakeN7

@SmashBrawler said:

YESSSSS!

Don't get too excited...the backup is being written by Scott Lobdell. Parasite may get the Tim Drake and Jason Todd origin treatment. : /

@The_Tree said:

I'm most excited to check out Batman/Superman, Action Comics, and Superman Unchained, they all look fantastic.

Jesus dude. I don't think I've ever disagreed with you about anything. Those three are literally the exact ones I'm excited about myself. The two biggest characters at DC with the creative team of Greg Pak and Jae Lee? Yes, please! Scott Snyder and Jim Lee with backup art by Dustin Nguyen? Gift from the heavens. Andy Diggle and Tony S. Daniel with backup art by Phillip Tan? That's almost as impressive of a pedigree as the Superman Unchained creative team.

DC is making a really smart move by using all of these Batman veterans (Scott Snyder, Jim Lee, Dustin Nguyen, Tony S. Daniel, and Phillip Tan) to appeal to the Batman fanbase as well. Every Batman fan, whether they like Superman or not, has a certain respect for him, just as every Superman fan has a certain level of respect for Batman. DC is definitely making the right decision by trying to merge these two fanbases. I've never been more excited to read Superman than I am now.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@Stormbox: Oh. Well maybe that makes sense then.

Seems a little odd to focus more on one of them in a team up title though.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Stormbox

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Honestly, you cant do a very balanced title with these two characters, you have to favor one character or the other, and most of the time its superman because having him fighting two-face is silly

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@Stormbox: It'd be interesting if they were going up against non-traditional Superman or Batman villains, just to make it a little more balanced.

Any idea what these creatures are that they seem to be fighting?

No Caption Provided
    SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SmashBrawler

@JakeN7 said:

@SmashBrawler said:

YESSSSS!

Don't get too excited...the backup is being written by Scott Lobdell. Parasite may get the Tim Drake and Jason Todd origin treatment. : /

Scott Lobdell? VAGINA SH!T!!

*Collapses*

Yeah, Parasite's screwed. I mean, this is just... ugh. Well, at least I still have Unchained, Batman/Superman and Diggle...

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JakeN7

@SmashBrawler said:

@JakeN7 said:

@SmashBrawler said:

YESSSSS!

*Collapses*

Yeah, Parasite's screwed. I mean, this is just... ugh. Well, at least I still have Unchained, Batman/Superman and Diggle...

BWAHAHA! Thank god I finished drinking my glass of milk before I read your comment, or else it would've been out my nose and onto my screen.

Anyways, yeah man I'm so sorry. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and I feel your pain. I've seen your list of favorite characters, and know how much you like Parasite. The list of Scott Lobdell's victims just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@JakeN7 said:

@SmashBrawler said:

@JakeN7 said:

@SmashBrawler said:

YESSSSS!

*Collapses*

BWAHAHA! Thank god I finished drinking my glass of milk before I read your comment, or else it would've been out my nose and onto my screen.

Anyways, yeah man I'm so sorry. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and I feel your pain. I've seen your list of favorite characters, and know how much you like Parasite. The list of Scott Lobdell's victims just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Lol!! that was the only part of the solicits that made me frown....been a fan of the parasite since TAS,praying Lobdell doesnt screw him up!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, didn't Superman and Batman already meet for the first time in J.L.? Are they going to retcon that?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By Squalleon

@drgnx said:

Wait, didn't Superman and Batman already meet for the first time in J.L.? Are they going to retcon that?

Pak said they met before as Clark and Bruce i think :-P

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By TDK_1997

Can't wait for Batman/Superman.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lvenger

@SmashBrawler said:

@JakeN7 said:

@SmashBrawler said:

YESSSSS!

*Collapses*

Well that was worth a read. Several times before ROFLMAO. Unlucky mate for getting Lobdell on Parasite's origin. That guy who wrote Chronicle and the Death of Superman video on Youtube did a top job with New 52 Atomic Skull's origin.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By longbowhunter

Initially I was really excited for Superman Unchained. But that $5 price tag for a 32 page first issue is really scaring me away. What I like about all of DC's $3.99 titles is they're always 40 pages. Jae Lee being on an ongoing book is awesome. But I feel his style would be better suited to one of the Dark books and not a team up book.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Veshark

Carefully optimistic about Superman Unchained and Superman/Batman. Scott Snyder's fantastic, but I'm not entirely convinced he can pull off Superman without going all horror. And Jae Lee isn't really my favorite artist. But I'm willing to look at the glass half-full.

Also, I really hope Parasite's brought into the New 52 appropriately. After the Earth One chickenpox Parasite, I'm hoping for something a little return to form.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By z3ro180

YES 100000000000 TIMES YES. June is going to be an awesome time to be a superman fan, the new movie is comeing out and we have all this EPIC to look forward to.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@longbowhunter said:

Initially I was really excited for Superman Unchained. But that $5 price tag for a 32 page first issue is really scaring me away. What I like about all of DC's $3.99 titles is they're always 40 pages. Jae Lee being on an ongoing book is awesome. But I feel his style would be better suited to one of the Dark books and not a team up book.

I think that extra 2 bucks is for tht poster page inside bt agreed $5 for just that n not even a 40 page comic is a lil too much.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lvenger

@UltimateSMfan said:

@longbowhunter said:

I think that extra 2 bucks is for tht poster page inside bt agreed $5 for just that n not even a 40 page comic is a lil too much.

Yeah agreed. The poster is why the first issue costs an extra $2

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Stormbox

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Nope, no idea what those things are

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SmashBrawler

@JakeN7: Not your fault, should have seen Lobdell's name. I'm not that big on Phlip Tan's art, so that's another con for me. I guess all I can do now is be optimistic and hope for the best.

@Lvenger: You know, I liked that story, but I always thought Sook did a much better telling the Atomic Skull's origin than Landis did. I guess that's what happens when you write a silent story.

I missed the price tag thing. Hopefully it's just a typo, because I'm pretty sure digital readers don't give a sh!t about that poster.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By z3ro180

@SmashBrawler I'm a digital reader and I'm buy the print soully for the poster but your right the the 2 bucks is a bit much so hopefully the price is different for the digital market

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By broo1232

Please tell me the whole of Superman unchained isn't going to be $5 (please just for the first with the poster)

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By z3ro180

@broo1232 I think is just issue 1 that's 5 bucks

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Eternal19

really excited for Superman Unchained and Batman/Superman

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SandMan_

More Batman...No thanks...As for Superman Unchained...I hope its 40 pages.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worlds finest is not considered Superman or batman?

confirukia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By confirukia

soooo buying the supergirl and superman/batman

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By Squalleon

@broo1232 said:

Please tell me the whole of Superman unchained isn't going to be $5 (please just for the first with the poster)

Yes the poster adds the extra dollar!

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By broo1232

@Squalleon said:

@broo1232 said:

Thank you! At least it's only for one issue

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
    johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

#49  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

@broo1232 said:

@Squalleon said:

@broo1232 said:

Thank you! At least it's only for one issue

I also thought this. Or at least hope this. Will really need to wait till July solicits come out to clarify.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By consolemaster001

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

No

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.