Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman, color me...cyan?

TerryMcC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

For more than seventy years the colors of Superman are blue, red and a little yellow right?

Turns out no, no they aren’t., at least not all the time anyway. Some time back while fixing the color on a faded image of an Action Comic I tried brightening up the blue using GIMP’s Hue Adjustment command, only the blue was not effecting the image of Superman, on checking I found that the “blue” part of his costume was actually cyan, checking on other issues this proved to be pretty common, though sometimes it was a mix of cyan and blue.

Here is a side by side comparison of an old issue of Action with the original on the left and what it looks like if you turn the cyan into blue on the right.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

O.kay... And?

I mean it is an interesting fact don't get me wrong. But right now I believe with Rebirth around the corner we got bigger fish to fry, wouldn't you agree?

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

What is rebirth? A massive recon?

TerryMcC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Wouldn't I?

No.

Unless it's the second coming of Eris Discordia the world is a wider and more interesting place than the next "big event"(TM) that will be written out for something else in two to three years.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I think I prefer the darker colour

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180:

Was that confirmed?

Because when New52 was arriving they also initially painted Wonder Woman wearing pants and then they went back to showing those wonder legs.

I honestly throught it was a painting error or something.

Because if it's not a error, ha! Then Rebirth is already killing itself before it even begins.

It kinda feels good inside now that I think about it. Remember all that crap pre-Flashpoint Superman supporters gave New52 Superman because of the V turtle neck and the armor boots... Superman with blue boots, those wrists looking straight out of MoS and whatever that is they're trying to pass for a belt. All great signs of mess in the making.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.