Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18885 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman and Action Comics Rebirth Discussion Thread

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Imperius Lex ended on a wholesome note, definitely a choice highlight of the Future State line, you can very easily put this next to the end of Tomasi and Jurgens' runs and consider it the 'epilouge' to Rebirth, even if it doesn't include Jon. I hope we see more adventures of Lois and Clark in their golden years together.

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys, do you know of the DC comics tournament on Twitter? It is called Round Robin:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamesradar.com/amp/dc-round-robin/

You can basically vote one of 16 comics, the winner will be published.

One of those comics is "Superman & Lois: Ignition", here it is its description:

" Our solar system is a machine—and its purpose is to trap and kill Superman! The sun is darkening, Mars’s orbit is changing, and a mysterious citadel in Jupiter’s Great Red Eye has awoken; it is time for Kal-El to stand against the very end of his world. But he won’t be doing it alone: Lois Lane is suited up and blasting off to get the biggest story in human history…and to watch Clark’s back as he faces his greatest challenge yet. Facing ancient aliens and planet-sized machines, trickster asteroids, and the gigakrakens of Neptune, Superman and Lois will fight across all nine planets to prevent Earth’s dark destiny and save our future!"

Now this story seems to be just gigantic fun and action imo, if you want you can vote on Twitter on this link:

DC (@DCComics) ha twittato: #DCRoundRobin

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1377310186323369985?s=20

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4253  Edited By ZariusII

Latest issue of Superman was fun. Nice to see more flashbacks to Jon as a child (which would only really be a year ago for the Kents), and Clark's narration, the whole thing with the Shadowbreed isn't the most original thing in the world however, and there were times I skipped a lot of pages predicting exactly where it was going.

The Kents at the mini-golf was also great and much needed. PKJ's Lois feels a lot more on-point than Bendis was, at least at the start (though he did get better at it), PKJ has struck a good balance so far with the Bendis status quo and the Rebirth era

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@zariusii: I like the more space focused approach PKJ seems to be bringing to Superman, it’s something I really enjoyed from Bendis’ run. It reminds me of Johns GL, Pak’s Hulk, Aaron’s Thor & Kirkman’s Invincible in terms of the potential for exploration and world building which are all very good signs.

So far I’ve enjoyed all 6 issues of PKJ’s Superman comics and I’m looking forward to whatever he has in store.

The golf moment was great, it gave me lots of Tomasi Superman/Sons vibes which is wonderful.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642:

So yeah, big changes in July.

Superman is no more and will be relaunched as Son of Kal-El, Jon takes over the title as Superman, and it will be written by Tom Taylor. PKJ continues to write Clark and Lois in Action Comics, while Grant Morrison's Superman and The Authority is in continuity and focuses on rescue missions on Warworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: Yep! Saw all that.

Superman line is STACKED, quite happy about it. I’ve been championing for Taylor to get a crack at Superman forever and I can’t wait to see what he has in store. PKJ’s been doing a solid job on the book and I’m pumped to see where he takes Action.

Morrison doing more Superman is always an absolute treat, I cannot wait for his mini.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Just read the ending to Challenge of the Supersons, Tomasi is still going full steam ahead with 'Jon and Damein grow old with families together in the future' and ignoring every bit of s*it from Bendis and Future State. Good on him.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Action Comics#1035

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4260  Edited By ZariusII

Yikes, no updates in two months....this place is 'dood' as the Germans say

Anyhoo, Jon officially bi now. Funny because everyone pegged Bendis as the one who'd do that and it was Taylor, though Bendis pretty much it less problematic by aging Jon up. He held the gun up, Taylor was the one who squeezed the trigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite the lack of updates

Both PKJ’s Action & Taylor’s Superman have been excellent.

I have no problem with Jon being Bi, although I’m not sold on his first partner Jay. I’ll need to wait & see how their relationship & Jay himself develops.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jon being bi is whatever any way how about Superman and The Authority? Gotta say for Morrison final DC work this was simply disappointing. Hoping PKJ can redeem this new Authority.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morrison kind of checked out with the Blackstars GL story. That was him largely venting about everything wrong with the company. He didn't have anything new to say with the Authority book

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark Waid talks about his forthcoming Black Label Superman project as well as his Detective Comics back-up strip starring Batman and Superman

Loading Video...

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4265  Edited By ZariusII

Comichron's Sept. 2021 estimated sales numbers for the Superman related titles:

Superman Son of Kal-El 3 - 34,000

Superman and the Authority 3 - 31,000

Action Comics 1035 - 28,000

Batman Superman 22 - 27,000

Supergirl Woman of Tomorrow 4 - 26,000

Superman ’78 2 - 26,000

Challenge of the Super Sons 6 - 13,000

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2021/2021-09.html

Dire numbers all around. Jon will get a boost this month because of the headlines, but let's get real, that audience will go away after one or two issues and the numbers will decline again. Superman is better off on television right now, I'd just rest the character's books for a few years than embarrass it any further.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, does anyone here still read Superman?

Since our last update, Jon's book has been axed and repurposed as a six issue mini series, Clark's secret identity is being restored, Joshua Williamson will also write a Superman ongoing.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I start picking it up back since his return. So glad Clark is back. Jon as Superman is a no.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: I have been. I’ve been loving PKJ’s work on Action, I think it’s some of the best Superman we’ve had in decades (alongside Tomasi). I really enjoy Taylor’s Superman too, it’s fun stuff.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: I have been. I’ve been loving PKJ’s work on Action, I think it’s some of the best Superman we’ve had in decades (alongside Tomasi). I really enjoy Taylor’s Superman too, it’s fun stuff.

I had my doubts about Johnson (Warworld was terrible IMO) but he seems to have found his stride with Clark back on Earth.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: really? Not to criticize but that’s a highly unpopular opinion. The Warworld saga is one of the best overarching narratives in Superman books ever imo.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: really? Not to criticize but that’s a highly unpopular opinion. The Warworld saga is one of the best overarching narratives in Superman books ever imo.

I don't care if it's an unpopular opinion, I found it boring and endlessly dragged on.

And now I'm starting to change my mind on PKJ again, this Metallo arc is also pretty lousy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.