Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman and Action Comics Rebirth Discussion Thread

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just read Superman, an encouraging start. Great to see an extra dose of Kennan since his book is normally a monthly. Seems the Gatherers means of consumption requires "devolving" their prey, as evident by what happens to Captain Carrot

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this was Spider-Verse, but good.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Art of Lois from Patrick Zircher...looks like N52 Lois, possible flashback?

No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Justice League vs Suicide Squad #3 at least gave Superman some better moments in this event. He had a decent scene with Killer Frost and he recognised Maxwell Lord calling him the most dangerous. Which indicates this Superman still remembers Lord taking control of his mind and having him fight Batman and Wonder Woman.

FreedomZebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great issue! I'm looking forward to seeing more of Red Son Superman, especially interacting with the new Batman, given what happened with the one on his Earth. Speaking of, I noticed they didn't mention what Earth the Batman came from. I don't know if that's important but who knows.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
    deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Never really liked Superman. I still picked up an issue of his Rebirth title...and it was great. Enough to make me like the character.

Malachi325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liked Multiverse. Don't really like the fact that the Supermen still don't use their lighting fast reflexives and speed. But still left with a decent cliffhanger.

Also; can't wait for Super Sons next month.

Costy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi325: He does not use it due to a simple reason. PLOT. If he was going to use his reflexes (nanosecond + ), the comic will be finished in one page. And we would not like that

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved the first part of Multiplicity! Really can't wait to see the heroes from the Multiversity again, along with all the other Super-people. Makes me wonder about which ones they haven't gotten and if certain characters are considered Superman analogues or not like Ultra Comics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Great issue, and lol at Captain Carrot.

Never really liked Superman. I still picked up an issue of his Rebirth title...and it was great. Enough to make me like the character.

Good to hear!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to my copy of Multiplicity, it sounds as good as I wanted it to be.

Avatar image for redwhiteandbluesupes
    RedWhiteAndBlueSupes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman 14 was good! But personally I'm enjoying Action Comics by Jergens better than tomasi Superman although it's getting better... anybody else wonder who the earth-2 Superman is show next to the other Supermen?, wasn't the New 52 Earth 2 Superman killed off?

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: should DCEU Superman cameo in Multiplicity?

RedWhiteAndBlueSupes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinomonster: right. Judging from his costume it looks like it's Val Zod in the earth 2 cell

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed861cc7ee
    deactivated-62aed861cc7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That variant is cool.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Lvenger
    Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lvenger: Just read my copy of Superman, loved it :D

What about you?

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto: Not yet, all my comics come at the end of the month so I'll have to wait a while. No LCS near me.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@eto: Not yet, all my comics come at the end of the month so I'll have to wait a while. No LCS near me.

I know the feel. :/ there's no comicshop in my neighbourhood as well.
    Here in The Netherlands I have to pay for shipping, so what I do is instead of paying every frickin week for the shipment I wait 2-3 weeks and then pay just once hah.
    I still have to read ASbatman and Action Comics today.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Lvenger
    @eto said:
    @lvenger said:

Here in The Netherlands I have to pay for shipping, so what I do is instead of paying every frickin week for the shipment I wait 2-3 weeks and then pay just once hah.

That's quite the economic solution you have. Prices do drop after a few weeks don't they?

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
    @eto said:
    @lvenger said:

That's quite the economic solution you have. Prices do drop after a few weeks don't they?

Well the shipment price is about 4euros and I buy the comics one month before the release. So no, unfortunately, I dont get a discount or somehting.....

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:
    @lvenger said:
    @eto said:
    @lvenger said:

Well the shipment price is about 4euros and I buy the comics one month before the release. So no, unfortunately, I dont get a discount or somehting.....

Ah right, but do the shipment prices go down?

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I thought the latest issue was quite underwhelming tbh, it's an arc so I'll see what happens.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By ZariusII

I've seen more preview art from Patrick Zircher of Lois and Clark walking out into the pouring rain, with Lois looking unimpressed....I'm thinking it's either a flashback of sorts at this point by the human Clark and N52 Lois, or a flashback to PFP Lois and Clark at the beginning of their relationship. If that's true, that issue of Action Comics could be dealing with the "tragic" fallout of Jon's abduction in the opening act of "Reborn" which leaves Lois and Clark heartbroken and possibly could even see them drifting apart while coping with the grief, forcing them to reflect on how they began and where they go from here.

Not that I want it to happen, but I've suspected for a time that introducing elements like N52 Lois' apartment in Metropolis means they're gearing up to separate Lois and Clark for a while after "Reborn", giving Lois a permanent home nearer to her work, and Jon's been around there now so I suspect he'll switch between going to his dad for super-training and still go to school with Kathy, but will see his mom in Metropolis from time to time.

Do I think Lois and Clark will stay seperated? If worst comes to worst, I give it maybe a year before they resolve it in issue 1000 of Action Comics just in time for the end of Rebirth.

Kalel121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: Oh **** you really think they're going to seperate Lois and Clark for a while? Also isn't that preview art showing the new Clark Kent walking with Lois?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By ZariusII

@kalel121 said:

@zariusii: Oh **** you really think they're going to seperate Lois and Clark for a while? Also isn't that preview art showing the new Clark Kent walking with Lois?

Dan Jurgens said Lois and Jon are the "heart" of the Reborn story, and Jurgens said that a "huge emotional price will be paid" in an interview, I also think the Frankenstien two-parter was a big indicator, revealing that the fate of their son is what caused the rift between Frankie and his bride. Lois could think Clark's life is too much of a danger for her son and herself to be around. I'm not saying they'll be seperated forever, but they might be for about a year until we reach the 1000th issue of Action where they could reconcile. Just a theory, and I hope I'm wrong.

And yes, I do think that's the new Clark Kent and N52 Lois right now (because of her look and hair), possibly in a flashback.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By ZariusII

Decent issue of Action. Lex's justifications to Supes for wearing the shield were valid (and brought up that N52 Supes had respect for him) and there is continuity carrying over from the Lois and Clark mini-series when Lex pieces together what Supes has been up to while investigating him.

And now "ordinary" Clark knows of Jon's existence when he pops over with the takeaway!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good issue. Now Superman is powerless and its time for SuperLex to step forward.

It seem something terrible is going to happen to Superman [Emerald Empress vs Supes JL vs SS #4].

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By ZariusII

@mightykalel said:

Good issue. Now Superman is powerless and its time for SuperLex to step forward.

It seem something terrible is going to happen to Superman [Emerald Empress vs Supes JL vs SS #4].

And apparently something happens in the pages of Supergirl that is related to Empress seeking out Saturn Girl

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Rubear

@zariusii said:
    @mightykalel said:

And apparently something happens in the pages of Supergirl that is related to Empress seeking out Saturn Girl

And apparently her Eye found traces of temporal energy in Jessica Cruz. Two pages and so much potential aftermaths, lol. Oh, and also Saturn Girl is in Arkham.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't read Superwoman yet, but I read on CBR that big twist for this issue is that it's not just Lana who can see N52 Lois

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finally read Superman 14, and it was good like the rest. I guess my problem with Superman is that I wish I got more with each issue, but the dialogue is always solid, and the art is always pretty wonderful.

I prefer the Deathstroke and Nightwing titles because I get more for my money, but Superman is now my favorite superhero after Batman, and I've started checking out Golden Age Supes to get into the character (I really like it)! I even got the Superman 7 image of Superman sitting on my phone's wallpaper because I'm loving the character so much right now.

Xibfwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

action was great and also the meeting between clark and wally was nice in titans #7 too.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xibfwb: The art for Titans 7 was really good!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
    @mightykalel said:

Unfortunately Supergirl issue had no such thing. It was just Cyborg Superman - Kara fighting and she saving some civilians.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
    @mightykalel said:

Unfortunately Supergirl issue had no such thing. It was just Cyborg Superman - Kara fighting and she saving some civilians.

That's unfortunate. Was there any brief mentions at all? Maybe it'll be for future issues then.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
    @mightykalel said:
    @zariusii said:
    @mightykalel said:

That's unfortunate. Was there any brief mentions at all? Maybe it'll be for future issues then.

No Superman and Saturn Girl in it. The issue ended with Zor-El's city reaching earth.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By toptom

I am enjoying AC but i've to say that on this title Stephen Segovia is the only artist i really like

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone tell me about Titans #7 please

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

Sure, here we go.

The issue began with the Titans fighting and beating a random villain. When they were done with that bad guy, Superdad came there. He said he heard a commotion in NYC and thought it would be a job for him. Then gave greetings to Wally and flew from there. Wally followed and outraced Supes and then we have their conversation- Wally explaining how none is remembering him, something is wrong with the universe/time, Clark asking about Linda etc. After the chat, they race again and we have no info on how fast or how long they raced. Titans made their tower in NYC. This is what happened.

Costy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightykalel: outraced. Granted Supes wasn't going all out. Also, does he have memory problems? How the hell could he say that Wally is faster than before, when, in Pre 52, Wally did some inexplicable feats (being faster than instant teleportation/ outrunning death, etc)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@costy21 said:

@mightykalel: outraced. Granted Supes wasn't going all out. Also, does he have memory problems? How the hell could he say that Wally is faster than before, when, in Pre 52, Wally did some inexplicable feats (being faster than instant teleportation/ outrunning death, etc)

Supes said he was going easy. Wally wasn't going all out either. AFAIK he doesn't have memory problems lol. He said about the last time they raced I assume.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By ZariusII

Superman Reborn Aftermath

No Caption Provided

A new costume, the mystery of Mr. Oz continues, the Kents will move back to Metropolis, and Clark looks back on all the key events in his life to determine who tried to destroy it

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

Sure, here we go.

The issue began with the Titans fighting and beating a random villain. When they were done with that bad guy, Superdad came there. He said he heard a commotion in NYC and thought it would be a job for him. Then gave greetings to Wally and flew from there. Wally followed and outraced Supes and then we have their conversation- Wally explaining how none is remembering him, something is wrong with the universe/time, Clark asking about Linda etc. After the chat, they race again and we have no info on how fast or how long they raced. Titans made their tower in NYC. This is what happened.

Thank you very very much. Greatly appreciated.

Was the issue any good? Might pick it up myself. Been meaning to check out Titans.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Superman Reborn-The Aftermath" Crossover Across All Superman Titles In April

No Caption Provided

SUPERMAN #20

Written by PETER J. TOMASI and PATRICK GLEASON • Art by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY • Cover by PATRICK GLEASON • Variant cover by TONY S. DANIEL

“Superman black” part one! A “Superman Reborn Aftermath” tie-in! As the smoke clears the Kents are faced with leaving Hamilton to go back to Metropolis, but someone or something doesn’t want them to leave! Batman and Robin discover something is mysteriously wrong with the son of Superman—he’s losing his powers!

On sale APRIL 5 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

ACTION COMICS #977

Written by DAN JURGENS • Art by IAN CHURCHILL • Cover by ANDY KUBERT • Variant cover by GARY FRANK

“Superman Reborn Aftermath” part one! Following the epic struggle against [REDACTED], Superman examines his entire history—the birth of Jon, the marriage of Lois and Clark, their lives at the Daily Planet—to discover who tried to destroy his life. Who is waiting in the shadows? Who is Mr. Oz? All questions the Man of Steel cannot answer alone. It is time for him to unite the entire Superman-Family!

On sale APRIL 12 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

TRINITY #8

Written by CULLEN BUNN • Art by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO and RAY McCARTHY • Cover by CLAY MANN • Variant cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ

A “Superman: Reborn Aftermath” tie-in! In this essential chapter of the “Superman Reborn Aftermath” epic, Kal-El reveals to Batman and Wonder Woman what had happened to him—and how they all may be in danger!

On sale APRIL 19 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

http://media.comicbook.com/2017/01/n...-10-224714.jpg

NEW SUPER-MAN #10

Written by GENE LUEN YANG • Art and cover by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC • Variant cover by BERNARD CHANG

“COMING TO AMERICA” part two! Superman meets Super-Man! As the battle with China White and Lex Luthor intensifies, the Man of Steel steps in to settle things once and for all. Can the combined might of three supermen turn the tide? Don’t miss the fate of Central City’s own Avery Ho, repercussions from the “Superman Reborn Aftermath” story in ACTION COMICS, and a new member of the Justice League of China!

On sale APRIL 12 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

http://media.comicbook.com/2017/01/s...ase-224736.jpg

SUPERGIRL #8

Written by STEVE ORLANDO • Art by MATIAS BERGARA • Cover by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO and RAY McCARTHY • Variant cover by BENGAL

A “Superman Reborn Aftermath” tie-in! Superman and Supergirl meet again for the first time to face the evil of the Emerald Empress! Plus, what does it mean for the Girl of Tomorrow when tomorrow promises a Dark Knight? Shocking revelations, all-powerful sorceresses from the future, the Batgirl of Burnside and dinner in the Wild West—they’re all here in this amazing issue!

On sale APRIL 12 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

http://media.comicbook.com/2017/01/superwoman-cv-9-224717.jpg

SUPERWOMAN #9

Written by K. PERKINS • Art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA and ART THIBERT • Cover by BILLY TAN • Variant cover by RENATO GUEDES

“SUPER WOMEN” part one! In this story tying in to “Superman Reborn Aftermath,” Lois Lane and Lana Lang find themselves reunited at last! Along with the Man of Steel, their reunion is cut short by the return of Cannon and Saber, who arrive to wreak havoc on the newly restored Metropolis. The mantle of Superwoman will be decided in this debut chapter of “Super Women”!

On sale APRIL 19 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

No Caption Provided

RedWhiteAndBlueSupes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well supposedly the timeline of rebirth is still screwed up even after this event, so I'm not sure what DC is doing here with the recounting of events. But if the endgame for rebirth is just to retcon Superman's costume and fill in a few vague events from pre crisis then I'm taking a break from Superman for a while

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Lvenger

Wait it sounds like the New 52 Lois is coming back?!!! Also I'm amazed at how much promotion DC is giving their Superman titles.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.