Superman 1 Year Later

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
#1 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3733 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is powerless all the way through 52 as he lost his powers in Infinite Crisis.

#2 Posted by Intervener (467 posts) - - Show Bio

I read the Infinite Crisis hardcover a few days ago, so I figured I would read all of one year later next. I just read Superman 650, he was punched twice by Lex Luthor, why did it hurt him? Why is he powerless? Did I skip something?

#3 Posted by The WeatherMan (3261 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he makes a grand comeback.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
#4 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3733 posts) - - Show Bio

One year later came out at the same time as 52 started, so you can read in either order. He has his powers back in the current comics (of course) but I won't say more than that for fear of spoilers.

#5 Posted by Intervener (467 posts) - - Show Bio

But he has powers in the current comics?

Should I read 52 before or after One Year Later?

#6 Posted by Intervener (467 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks, I'll get back to One Year Later now.

#7 Posted by zero edge (3991 posts) - - Show Bio

They released 1 year later first to keep to readers guessing while all the answers were to be told during 52. You can read either 52 or 1 year later first, doesn't really matter unless you want to keep guessing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.