Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Supergirl's Lex Luthor- Trailer

• 67 results
    SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By SaintWildcard
    No Caption Provided

Fans: Eisenberg was the worst casting choice for Lex Luthor ever!

Supergirl: Hold my beer

Update

Kevin Smith states that this new Lex will be pretty dark.

"I knew that a long time ago," Smith explained. "When I was working on my episode, they were talking about who would play Lex Luthor and his name as at the top of the list at that point and I know what they're doing with the character. Like, it's not humorous. It's a dark turn."

When it comes to quality I don't trust Kevin Smith or Supergirl. Runaway Dinosaur was a trash episode and anyone who thinks otherwise is objectively wrong.

Update

No Caption Provided

Well... he's bald. He's got that going for him I guess. How will they screw him over? That's the billion dollar question

Trailer

Here it is folks! The first trailer with Cryer's Lex.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Don't think Alan has what it takes to play Luthor.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't think Alan has what it takes to play Luthor.

Only reason he's even in this role is because he was in Superman 4 as his nephew. This show is nothing if not one giant knob polishing machine for the Reeves Superman movies. Doesn't matter if that easter egg is from what is widely considered the worst Superman movie ever.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I admit I don't feel this casting but maybe he will be good. We have only seen him in comedic roles over the years, so we don't know how he would perform in something like this.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By buttersdaman000

lmao perfect casting for these corny ass "but they fit the tone of the comics" shows

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>Supergirl

>Dark

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By buttersdaman000

@saintwildcard: I find it hilarious. They picked the one actor who would make Eisenberg look (physically) intimidating in comparison lmao I can't wait to see the mental gymnastics people perform to justify him as a good/better Lex

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: I find it hilarious. They picked the one actor who would make Eisenberg look (physically) intimidating in comparison lmao I can't wait to see the mental gymnastics people perform to justify him as a good/better Lex

I just wanna see the scene where Lena outsmarts Luthor and becomes the smarter Luthor. They already had her help Supergirl from Kryptonite poisoning when Braniac freaking 5 couldn't.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

I just wanna see the scene where Lena outsmarts Luthor and becomes the smarter Luthor. They already had her help Supergirl from Kryptonite poisoning when Braniac freaking 5 couldn't.

Damn I don't watch the show, but I wouldn't put it past them. Didn't they already confirm that Supergirl was stronger than Superman?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn I don't watch the show, but I wouldn't put it past them. Didn't they already confirm that Supergirl was stronger than Superman?

Superman flat out states, and I'm paraphrasing "You kicked my ass even though I was blood lusted. You're the stronger hero", and Supergirl was all like "K"

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

Superman flat out states, and I'm paraphrasing "You kicked my ass even though I was blood lusted. You're the stronger hero", and Supergirl was all like "K"

Ha wow. So, not only is this Superman the epitome of all the jokes people made at the characters expense, he's also a pushover compared to his cousin?? Lmao I need the CW-verse to be cancelled ASAP

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cattlebattle

Didn't Kevin Smith die from a heart attack??

Avatar image for indomitableregal
    IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By IndomitableRegal

Unpopular opinion: Jon Cryer is gonna do much better as Lex than Eisenberg.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think Cryer deserves a chance. I admit, I was surprised by the casting and it seemed like an unorthodox choice, but I'm actually pretty excited to see if Cryer can pull off an intimidating, powerful Luthor. Not to mention Supergirl has been the strongest of the CW shows this season so far, so I'm hopeful.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Kevin Smith die from a heart attack??

he had one, but didn't die

Unpopular opinion: Jon Cryer is gonna do much better as Lex than Eisenberg.

Joking aside, it's possible but SUpergirl is so terrible I have zero faith in it. As stated above the only reason for this casting is cus he was in the original Superman movies, even if said movie is the worst one. I think his performance will be better but I'm sure they'll do something stupid like have Lena make him pointless by stating she's smarter than him (which they've wanted to set up back in Season 2)

Avatar image for indomitableregal
    IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: I don't really watch Supergirl -- it's not for me. But I think Cryer's performance will probably fit better with that show than Eisernberg's fit with BvS (or would've fit anywhere). Then again, maybe it's because like you I have zero faith, and with that, zero expectations lol.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

>Supergirl

>Dark

This really but you never know. If anything, I am curious to see his performance.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My expectations are so low the only way they wouldn't be met is if this Luthor wasn't a villain.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow...

In a way I think that this is perfect casting - totally appropriate arch-villain for Hoechlin's Superman.

Also, this

>Supergirl

>Dark

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By buttersdaman000

By "dark" he means that he'll steal40 cakes

Thats bad!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

HonikerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

that's Earth2 Lex, it's nota Supergirl series

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was honestly expecting it to be much worse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Da fuck????

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ba-ba-bump

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like they were making Snellville reference, specifically those last 3 episodes, then they disappointed me. Lex should look or at feel intimidating, he looks like a C list comedian.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By buttersdaman000

Lmao Eisenberg Lex would bully this guy

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@buttersdaman000: Say what you want about Eisenberg Lex, but he got shit done.

This Lex seems smarter already and doing shit. All Eisengberg did was frame people for murders and wish for a monster.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SaintWildcard

@ready_4_madness said:

@saintwildcard: You simplified his plan. Lex actually got Superman killed with his plan B loool.

Yes, by wishing for a monster that could do so. Had Lex spent the 2 year time skip reverse engineering and making clones, I would have given it to him. As it stands, dude wasn't that smart it's just that everyone else was dumb. This Lex is going to make the sunlight red.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SaintWildcard

@ready_4_madness said:

@saintwildcard: call it what you want, he got shit done. ??‍♂️

Calling it what it is. I won't applaud him for beating a game on easy

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By buttersdaman000

@saintwildcard said:
    @buttersdaman000 said:

Loading Video...
    @ready_4_madness said:

@buttersdaman000: Say what you want about Eisenberg Lex, but he got shit done.

This Lex seems smarter already and doing shit. All Eisengberg did was frame people for murders and wish for a monster.

Are you really trying to tell me CW Lex is more intimidating than BvS Lex?? And that's not even to say BvS Lex was intimidating, but c'mon really?? That rant at 30 seconds is supposedly him trying to be angry, but all I saw was a bald goofball raising his voice. And since the CW is the gutter of writing talent, I doubt they'd be able to express Lex's intimidating nature in any way that isn't overtly in your face, which means we're just going to get more of the same. At least BvS has the rooftop and red cape scene lol

And c'mon, do you really think "doing shit" is all it takes? It's a lot easier to "do shit" when no one has expectations for the writing.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: he beat the most powerful superhero in the DCEU and you still don’t want to give him credit? That’s a high standard.

What part about "beating the game on easy" did you not understand? All he did was frame people for murders and wish for a monster. Nothing he did was particularly nuanced or intelligent. The characters were written dumber to make him smarter. Lazy

Are you really trying to tell me CW Lex is more intimidating than BvS Lex?? And that's not even to say BvS Lex was intimidating, but c'mon really?? That rant at 30 seconds is supposedly him trying to be angry, but all I saw was a bald goofball raising his voice. And since the CW is the gutter of writing talent, I doubt they'd be able to express Lex's intimidating nature in any way that isn't overtly in your face, which means we're just going to get more of the same. At least BvS has the rooftop and red cape scene lol

We'll have to see, but even comparing trailers this Lex didn't annoy me as much as Eisenberg. And at least this Lex seems to be smarter, albeit with some over the top cartoony bullshit plan, but it's better than Lex'a faux intelligence.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000:

And c'mon, do you really think "doing shit" is all it takes? It's a lot easier to "do shit" when no one has expectations for the writing.

I wasn't impressed with Eisenberg's Luthor's Plan nor his performance. This Lex is nowhere near as annoying as his and he at least is showing some intelligence. So if I had to choose, I would choose this Lex over that Lex any day of the week. YOu can take it as "victory by default"

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SaintWildcard
    @ready_4_madness said:

@saintwildcard: framed someone for murders,

3 times, thereby cheapening the gimmick. These murders were actually detrimental to the movie

got a hold of kryptonite

He found a deux ex machina. Doesn't take intelligence to do that.

created Doomsday

Wished for Doomsday

kidnapped Martha, pitted Batman and Superman against each other,

And after a movie of forcing the story along (with the same tactic by the way) rather than letting things progress naturally, he just forced one of the titular characters into a fighting. This is actually a detriment to the movie and you don't even see it

planned his escape from Arkham in the process

That's being generous. No context onto how he got out, but it would have been a better showing of intelligence to show him run circles around the legal system. Breaking out isn't intelligent, since unless otherwise show he probably paid someone to get him out

learned about Kryptonians and other worlds

Again, by wishing for it. Nothing about how it was done was smart. All the scientists were just too dumb to get in the ship for 2 years.

kept his eye on metahumans, knows both of Batman’s and Superman’s secret identity.

Probably the only smart thing in the movie he did. Further context would be needed, but I'll give you this one

I know you probably don’t like Eisenberg Lex but he played chess throughout this whole movie and got shit done.

If you think he was playing chess and you were impressed, you set the bar so low it's 6 feet under

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By buttersdaman000

@saintwildcard: Well, I don't really care about the "complexity" of their respective plans, nor which one is smart but you're 100% tripping if you think John Cryer embodies Lex better. He seems like he's in a deadpan SNL parody with that whiny, cornball acting lmao

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SaintWildcard

@saintwildcard: wait when did I say he was intelligent? And what has CW Lex done on screen?

So you want to gauge him on "doing things"? We just have different barometers on what makes lex I guess. Nothing yet, but the teaser states he's going to make the sun red. If he does it on his own, then it's a better feat than wishing for DOomsday

@saintwildcard: Well, I don't really care about the "complexity" of their respective plans, nor which one is smart but you're 100% tripping if you think John Cryer embodies Lex better. He seems like he's in a deadpan SNL parody with that whiny, cornball acting lmao

And yet, that is still better than the angsty athiest with daddy issues that was Eisenberg's Riddler Lex

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: if you’re a villain, you have to do damage towards the protagonist in some shape of form. Eisenberg done just that,

Yes... because the game was set on easy for him. It's like applauding a high school kid for acing a 3rd grade test

you’re saying this new Lex would bully Eisenbergs Lex based on what?

Didn't say that, I said he seems to be smarter. And based on his Red Sun feat, that's just a fact

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
    deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This show is so trash at the moment. They’re just going to introduce Lex to show that Lena is smarter and better.

They already disgraced Superman in the show.

And now they’re trying to push their obvious liberal agenda and showing how people are racists towards Aliens but conveniently leave out that those same aliens are responsible for almost 3 extinction level events.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This show is so trash at the moment. They’re just going to introduce Lex to show that Lena is smarter and better.

Hit the nail on the head. They've already alluded to this a few times. The trailer seems to have Lena be scared of him, so we'll see how it pans out. But the show is garbage anyway

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
    deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard:

They even got the dweeb from Two and a Half Men and Pretty in Pink to play him. I don’t know, I guess we were spoiled growing up with the JL and JLU cartoon, but now we are getting wimps to play Luthor.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.