So I finally Caved And Started Reading Rebirth, Pretty Good

#1 Posted by SaintWildcard (22047 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by Lvenger (36344 posts) - - Show Bio

See I told you it wasn't so bad once you get into...oh right.

#3 Posted by Eto (5359 posts) - - Show Bio

Vert funny :/

You do realize Rebirth is really doing Well, right?

#4 Posted by SaintWildcard (22047 posts) - - Show Bio

@eto said:

Vert funny :/

You do realize Rebirth is really doing Well, right?

Right, cus that was the point of this thread. To imply that the Rebirth sales were shit.

#5 Posted by kidchipotle (15764 posts) - - Show Bio

Please continue staying away from Rebirth, we don't need your kind.

#6 Edited by ZariusII (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

He's just bitter JL Action's probably cancelled...there goes the last vestiges of the sunk ship that is Super/Wondy.

Hurts does'nt it kiddo? ROFL

#7 Edited by SaintWildcard (22047 posts) - - Show Bio
@zariusii said:

He's just bitter JL Action's probably cancelled...there goes the last vestiges of the sunk ship that is Super/Wondy.

You give me headaches Zazu.... go away

#8 Posted by Jogga (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh another new reader experiencing Rebirth for the first ti-

*sees SaintWildcard as the OP*

Nice try dude, this day makes it too easy to spot

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#9 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12192 posts) - - Show Bio

Ew....

#10 Posted by kidchipotle (15764 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

If I could requote this a hundred times, I would

#11 Edited by SaintWildcard (22047 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidchipotle said:
@zariusii said:

If I could requote this a hundred times, I would

If you repeat a lie enough, eventually you'll believe it. The Trump Method

#12 Edited by ZariusII (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

""I am going to kiss you now Steven"

#13 Edited by SaintWildcard (22047 posts) - - Show Bio

@zariusii said:

""I am going to kiss you now Steven"

This attempt at trolling is pathetic. You're taking this benign April Fools thread, which even the two respectable Superman fans, (cus you sure as hell ain't one of them), take it as a light hearted joke, and turning it into someting it's not. Even KC has a reason for his dumb comment... you're just dumb

#14 Edited by IceDemonKing (10029 posts) - - Show Bio

Good one. Honestly fooled me.

#15 Posted by DeathandGrim (4864 posts) - - Show Bio

I was definitely doubtful of the title.

Not a very funny joke considering that well... it's not really a joke.

#16 Posted by Quinlan58 (2094 posts) - - Show Bio

Fooled me for a second. BTW, what did you thought of Earth One Superman?

#17 Posted by SaintWildcard (22047 posts) - - Show Bio

I was definitely doubtful of the title.

Not a very funny joke considering that well... it's not really a joke.

It's just a prank bro

Fooled me for a second. BTW, what did you thought of Earth One Superman?

An interesting take, but not something I'd recommend to new readers trying to get into Superman. It's probably somewhere in the middle for me when it comes to Superman origins. It's better than WW Earth One, but not as good as TT or BM Earth One.

#18 Edited by comicace3 (12437 posts) - - Show Bio

You're not wrong in a sense that it is pretty good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
#19 Posted by deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79 (12104 posts) - - Show Bio

Lock dis...

#20 Posted by Reactor (4481 posts) - - Show Bio

I won't lie, I thought this was legit lol

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#21 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (18159 posts) - - Show Bio

That's your loss

#22 Posted by SaintWildcard (22047 posts) - - Show Bio

That's your loss

Actually, quite the opposite. I'm saving money

@farkam said:

Lock dis...

It's just a prank bro

@reactor said:

I won't lie, I thought this was legit lol

If you've seen my thoughts on their "compromise/merger" you wouldn't have

#23 Edited by TheNomadicOne (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are you doing this, you trying to imply a point? Because all it's doing is making yourself look like crap. I get that you're probably mad about the changes, but if you insist on staying where you are now, you're just gonna dig yourself into a deeper hole. Not worth it man.

#24 Posted by SaintWildcard (22047 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are you doing this, you trying to imply a point? Because all it's doing is making yourself look like crap. I get that you're probably mad about the changes, but if you insist on staying where you are now, you're just gonna dig yourself into a deeper hole. Not worth it man.

You are reading way to much into it, it's just a prank bro. It was April Fools when I posted it, and I wanted to post a believable enough prank on the Superman boards. It's made all in good fun, but it seems like all you new kids can't take a joke and launch this defensive attack for no reason.

#25 Posted by TheNomadicOne (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: Well I didn't read the date :p. In all seriousness tho, I didn't play it off as defensive, I played it more legitimately as questionable. I think your comment about new kids and stuff is a little uncalled for tho. If you just said it's a prank then it's fine. But the last part is just an unnecessary jab.

#26 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (18159 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by SaintWildcard (22047 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by SaintWildcard (22047 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: Well I didn't read the date :p. In all seriousness tho, I didn't play it off as defensive, I played it more legitimately as questionable. I think your comment about new kids and stuff is a little uncalled for tho. If you just said it's a prank then it's fine. But the last part is just an unnecessary jab.

Very well, I might have gone overboard, but to be fair some people on this thread still chose to defend it even though they saw it on April Fools and it's clearly a prank.

I apologize, and I hope you enjoy your stay here on CV

#29 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (18159 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Iara (970 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: Is there a thread where you explain why you don't want to read it? Genuinely curious.

#31 Posted by TheNomadicOne (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@thenomadicone said:

Very well, I might have gone overboard, but to be fair some people on this thread still chose to defend it even though they saw it on April Fools and it's clearly a prank.

I apologize, and I hope you enjoy your stay here on CV

Water under the bridge dude. Take care.

#32 Posted by NewWorldOrder (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman Rebirth is great

#33 Edited by SaintWildcard (22047 posts) - - Show Bio

@iara said:

@saintwildcard: Is there a thread where you explain why you don't want to read it? Genuinely curious.

It isn't a long reasons honestly, it's just that I bonded with the New 52 version, and this one just doesn't vibe with me. I've read all the origins, and Grant's was the one that I truly got into (not perfect, but it gave a true sense of a level one start, which I think is needed with a character as powerful as Superman). I get why they did what they did, after all, only Grant Morrison knew what to do with the character he had set up and the only other person to follow up what he did was Greg Pak, everyone else just didn't get what Grant was going for and wrote either these bland incarnations or jerky takes on the character. After so many flub ups, and shitty events (allthough, that's more a problem of the editorial than the writers) they just had enough and went back to the Old Man and gave him a Bastard child. But even though I get it, doesn't mean I have to accept it and keep reading.

I'm very particular when it comes to story progression and character growth, so for them to think that maybe they can regain me as a New 52 Superman fan if they "fuse" him into the Old Man (New 52 Superman's essence is just a drop in a bucket in terms of how it's gonna affect this fusion), is them thinking I'm desperate or a fool. I have no connection to the Old Man or his *LBGT slur that would get me banned* kid. They can take this "compromise" and shove it. Not to mention, that everything they've done recently with New 52 Superman and the entire notion of throwing The Watchmen under the bus as some lazy ass Meta Commentary is just making the entire atmosphere too toxic for me. It's for the best if I just move onto Elseworlds and Indie, because this type of BS retconning and world blending is giving me headaches.

#34 Edited by TrustNoOne22 (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is still as masterful and awesome as ever, Noblebright Superman and Family is the reason most common people thing Superman is lame to be a fan off. Even when Superman was at his most Noblebright, he carried some dark and serious tone to his book and was kinda hardcore, Now I can't stand to see him smile because he kills all manner of complex boundries with his static in constantness.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.