Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Smallville new series (spoiler warning)

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1501  Edited By MKF30

Well, considering the show lasted 10 years, is by far the best TV Superman show....and budget remember, they did a fine job. Lex was fine, I was a little shocked at the end but then realized....it makes sense for him NOT to know who Superman is that he's Clark Kent...

It was good I thought, I hope see Welling more as Superman in the future.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1502  Edited By Gambit1024

Loved the finale. It was a great way to end the series. Does anyone have any pictures of him in the suit? 

Birthright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1503  Edited By Birthright

Sad there was no Martian Manhunter in Season 10. They guy looked badass in Absolute Justice.

mightybob3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1504  Edited By mightybob3000

I'm just glad its all over, the whole series was a ton of heart break and butt hurt to me

for the starting quest: extrapolate
    Birthright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1505  Edited By Birthright

If they ever do a Superman series again it should have no connection to Smallville whatsoever. Some of the awfulness could be blamed on the shows budget but that's what happens when you have 4-5 unnecessary filler episodes each season.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1506  Edited By MKF30

10 years isn't exactly awful, I  mean honestly when I was younger I thought Lois and Clark was cool but now that I compare, that show was very cheesy and lame compared to Smallville.

And Welling was definitely more in shape compared to Dean Cain. MMH I thought got enough airtime considering, he got his powers back from Fate, that's all he needed and served his purpose.

If anyone I'd say I'd love to have seen that didn't show up I'd say Batman but we all know the drill with how anal WB is with that "already in movies currently" crap
    Birthright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1507  Edited By Birthright

Since there was no Batman, they didn't do Wonder Woman either. I would have loved to see these three on Smallville.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1508  Edited By MKF30

Definitely

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1509  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @Birthright said:

Since there was no Batman, they didn't do Wonder Woman either. I would have loved to see these three on Smallville.

They did a nod to wonder woman with lois lane at comic con that's the closest they ever got to her guest staring XD Sad looks better than the new wonder woman tv costume
    Amazon Lois Lane(Smallville) 
    Amazon Lois Lane(Smallville) 
    MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1510  Edited By MKF30

Yeah, it's unfortunate the new WW series got canned/no go.... 

Erica could be a good WW.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@MKF30: Not tall enough.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1512  Edited By MKF30

How tall is WW?Durance isn't a shrimp lol

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MKF30: Wonder Woman is roughly 6 feet tall.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#1514  Edited By Kairan1979
    @Deranged Midget
    what's your point? It's not like the camera can't make Erica Durance look taller.
    And she already proved that she can make good fight scenes.
    MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1515  Edited By MKF30

6 Feet? Pretty tall WW. 

@Kairan1979 said:

@Deranged Midget:  what's your point? It's not like the camera can't make Erica Durance look taller. And she already proved that she can make good fight scenes.
    Good point, look at LOTR their camera work was perfectly done making the actors look like midgets/far shorter as Hobbits then their real height from various angles. And yeah that's true, she can fight. She got training for the show for it's fight scenes, same with Kristen. I'd be all for it. She's also not too young nor too old imo.
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kairan1979: Erica Durance doesn't have a strong look. She seems to have more of a damsel in distress type of look. I'm not saying she's a bad actress but she would be terrible as Wonder Woman.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1517  Edited By MKF30

I think she could pull it off, her lois was FAR more badass and stronger then any other version yet on screen. 

I always saw Lana was more of the damsel in distress, rather then Lois on Smallville.

kg1507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1518  Edited By kg1507

YES TO ALL OF THIS

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deranged Midget said:

@Kairan1979: Erica Durance doesn't have a strong look. She seems to have more of a damsel in distress type of look. I'm not saying she's a bad actress but she would be terrible as Wonder Woman.

I kind of agree, she doesn't seem weak, but she does seem more like a shaky person, like wonder woman should be really confident, durance was always nervous on Smallville, jabbering on, lots of jerky neck movements and hand gestures etc.

@MKF30 said:

I think she could pull it off, her lois was FAR more badass and stronger then any other version yet on screen. I always saw Lana was more of the damsel in distress, rather then Lois on Smallville.

again kind of agree, she was def the best lois i've seen since the old clark and lois show from the 90's hands down. Not like that crappy performance by jennifer connelly in superman returns, which by the way is the female equivalent of nick cage, where shes in alot but is never a different character, just jennifer conelly in "insert title here"

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1520  Edited By ssejllenrad

This shouldn't be an "anchored" thread anymore.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1521  Edited By Vaeternus

@nonfiction91 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

I kind of agree, she doesn't seem weak, but she does seem more like a shaky person, like wonder woman should be really confident, durance was always nervous on Smallville, jabbering on, lots of jerky neck movements and hand gestures etc.

@MKF30 said:

I think she could pull it off, her lois was FAR more badass and stronger then any other version yet on screen. I always saw Lana was more of the damsel in distress, rather then Lois on Smallville.

again kind of agree, she was def the best lois i've seen since the old clark and lois show from the 90's hands down. Not like that crappy performance by jennifer connelly in superman returns, which by the way is the female equivalent of nick cage, where shes in alot but is never a different character, just jennifer conelly in "insert title here"

I definitely think Durance is the strongest lois we've seen by far, compared to Kidders, Hatchers and Bosworths...

I hated Bosworths, talk about very weak imo. Hatchers was not bad, kind of a little combination between Kidders and Durances in some ways, Kidders was good for the movies but overall I thought Durance's was easily the strongest and based on her history, a military brat. It makes sense that Lois actually "could fight a little at least" having a father in the military, makes sense being a general.

The other versions of her didn't show this at all imo. BTW, it wasn't jenn connerly it was Kate Bosworth who played Lois in Superman Returns and I agree, she sucked lol

kadosho_16bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1522  Edited By kadosho_16bit

After seeing Season 10 in its entirety, I don't know how else they could have wrapped the show. Although it may not have corralled all of the JLA together. It was in spirit there, connected to give Clark and his destiny a proper send-off. For the most part, they didn't dumb down the Lois & Clark dynamic, they actually made it stronger. Plus the inclusion of the Suicide Squad left many opportunities for things to take a darker turn. Or even the Earth 2 storyline, and how another universe's timeline was totally changed (Jonathan not having a peachy life, but a nightmare) (and bringing back Lionel as a more fearsome adversary). Plus Lex's true return, and how Tess finds out her identity, and conquers it.

What surprised me is how they brought Darkseid's dark trinity into the fold. And it actually worked, shifting gears towards Oliver (and redemption). Chloe's disappearance and return worked out quite well. Honestly I'm curious if Smallville was actually what the 52 universe is capable of (or could be). But that finale.. I don't know how else they could have ended the series any other way. Plus the title track that many of us know by heart.. (I'm sure the entire crew must have celebrated being able to finally use that cued music, and hinting it within the trials scene). Loved the fact the entire finale episode played out with Chloe reading the tale in comic book form, and ending the same way.

If there is ever a chance for a JLA series, or movie. I so want to see the team behind Smallville to pursue it.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1523  Edited By Vaeternus

I just hope we see Tom don the suit in a JL movie, (which has been rumored) I so hope it's true. He's earned it and even C. Reeve said "Tom is this generations Superman" come on now WB, when the godfather of DC and best Superman actor EVER says that, that's a hint hint...

leatherslover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt Welling will ever take up the role of Superman anymore. The series is being continued into comics and I think that's as far as it'll go.

EorRoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1526  Edited By EorRoe

I dislike superman...

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1527  Edited By kidchipotle

@Deranged Midget said:

I doubt Welling will ever take up the role of Superman anymore. The series is being continued into comics and I think that's as far as it'll go.

I would love to see a Smallville movie go up on the big screen side by side a Man of Steel movie. I think it'd make for interesting advertisements and such. But Welling never wanted to be Superman, he feel's he isn't worthy of being in the cape. That's why he was never shown in the suit during the show.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#1528  Edited By Supreme Marvel

I enjoyed the Smallville part of Superman Returns. And the plane part and the...nope, that's all I enjoyed.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Supreme Marvel said:

I enjoyed the Smallville part of Superman Returns. And the plane part and the...nope, that's all I enjoyed.

LMAO

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@Deranged Midget said:

I would love to see a Smallville movie go up on the big screen side by side a Man of Steel movie. I think it'd make for interesting advertisements and such. But Welling never wanted to be Superman, he feel's he isn't worthy of being in the cape. That's why he was never shown in the suit during the show.

Are you referring to the season finale? I personally believe the reason he didn't wear the suit was because he packed on some pounds.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1530  Edited By Supreme Marvel

He never wore the suit because they never had the rights to the entire suit.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1531  Edited By kidchipotle

@Deranged Midget said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

LMAO

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Are you referring to the season finale? I personally believe the reason he didn't wear the suit was because he packed on some pounds.

I heard it was because he didn't feel worthy of the cape.....hmmm.....

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Supreme Marvel said:

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's because he didn't want to wear tights and I'm not doubting it's due to him being out of shape by the end of the series.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1533  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Deranged Midget said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's because he didn't want to wear tights and I'm not doubting it's due to him being out of shape by the end of the series.

I think they mentioned it in the commentary of the episode or something.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#1534  Edited By Billy Batson

People still discuss smallville?
    BB

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Billy Batson: Evidently

@Supreme Marvel: Could be that, but I remember watching an interview with Welling describing it was his choice to not wear the suit.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1536  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Deranged Midget: Was that before or after the finale?

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Supreme Marvel: Not sure, pretty sure before the finale was shown, but it was already filmed.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1538  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Deranged Midget: He may not have wanted to give anything away then. Make it vague whether he would wear it or not.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Supreme Marvel: Perhaps, we'll never know and it's not like it matters at this point, but I'm doubting it was due to the reason they lacked the rights to the suit.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1540  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Yeah. I'm just glad Lex came back for the finale.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1541  Edited By sethysquare

BTW, anyone read Smallville #1

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1542  Edited By Vaeternus

@sethysquare said:

Smallville #11 you mean? It's out digitally right? How can I see it? I'm new to the digital thing lol

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1543  Edited By sethysquare

@Vaeternus said:

@sethysquare said:

Smallville #11 you mean? It's out digitally right? How can I see it? I'm new to the digital thing lol

Its Smallville Season 11, but labelled #1 lol.

You can check it out here

http://www.comixology.com/Smallville-Season-11-1/digital-comic/DIG001310

Or wait till first week of may for the printed copy.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1544  Edited By Vaeternus

@sethysquare:

Oh yeah, also on dccomics.com too.

I'm hoping they release them all via paperback or comics, not just digital. Guess we'll see.

UltramanPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1545  Edited By UltramanPrime

traje y todo :)

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1546  Edited By Vaeternus

lol, that's too funny ^.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a reason this is still a stickied topic?

@god_spawn @vance_astro

What dost thou say, thee smasher of the unworthy? Shall we not banish this relic to the depths of this forum to the pages for the posts of times past? I beseech ye: Turn thy hammer away from the trolls, for but a minute, and put this thread out of our misery.

Convene with thy pantheon if thee require.

Thor will assist if need be!
    Thor will assist if need be!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.