Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Six Developments from SUPERMAN #13

• 108 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

We can finally see that something is happening in the pages of SUPERMAN. The series often had nameless alien menaces and there was the feeling that what was happening didn't really matter much in the grand scheme of Superman's place in the New 52. With Scott Lobdell and Kenneth Rocafort taking over the title, we are almost bombarded with several new developments in a single issue.

There will be some spoilers for SUPERMAN #13. You'll want to check it out for yourself to see how these events completely played out as well as some other points we didn't mention. We won't spoil the entire issue for you. You still need to check it out.

Superman's Scar

No Caption Provided

How the heck can Superman get a scar? When did he get it? What is going on? The comic opens with Superman at a new 'secret' location testing the upper limits of his strength. From the back, we see a strange scar on his skin. He's supposed to be invulnerable, for the most part. You would even think he has a super accelerated healing factor. He's been here for five days and we can assume the scar occurred before his arrival. The question remains how he got the scar and what does it mean for Superman?

Superman's New Ally

No Caption Provided

Who is Dr. Shay Veritas? After Superman was badly defeated in SUPERMAN ANNUAL #1 by Helspont, he wants to know what the full extent of his powers are. He needs to know if they're still developing or if he's reached his limits. He spent five days in an "advanced research facility located not far from the center of the Earth."

What we know about her is she's an Omniologist. She has an insanely immense research facility. It doesn't appear as if she's affiliated with anyone else but you have to wonder how exactly her place was constructed and who paid for it all. The technology she has is clearly far passed what passes for high-tech in the rest of the New 52 Universe.

As for her connection to Superman, he mentions the amount of trust he has placed in her. He tells her that she is the only one he would share this amount of personal information. She also mentions that if it wasn't for Superman, her facility would still be "careening through the stream of eternal maelstroms."

Hopefully we'll see a flashback to find out what happened.

Things Are Looking Up for Jimmy

No Caption Provided

Jimmy has become a sort of loser in the New 52. He didn't have a place to stay and asked Clark if he could crash at his place. The fact that he's still there says something. He's even described as a "mooch" in his character description.

Who is Jimmy's new friend? Is she just a random women he met or will there be more to her story in upcoming issues?

Lois is Moving

No Caption Provided

While Clark is getting yelled at by Perry for not reporting on Superman the past week, Lois receives a text message. Clark finds it odd because Perry usually doesn't tolerate employees checking their texts in front of him. Clark can't resist and abuses his powers to get a peak at what it says.

The text is from Lois' boyfriend Jonathan Carroll. She's moving in with him. What will Clark's reaction be?

Clark Kent Quits

No Caption Provided

Looks like Clark has finally had enough. We've seen the Daily Planet go through some changes since it was acquired by Galaxy Broadcasting. He feels that reporting has turned into entertainment and has lost the meaning it used to have. You'll have to read this issue and upcoming ones to find out what's next for Clark. How is he going to pay his bills?

A New Use of Powers?

This is sort of a bonus development. Superman has lots of super abilities. Now he can add sonar.

No Caption Provided

Instead of just hearing that something was coming, he uses his super-hearing to "form an image" in his head. Sure he could have used his super-eyesight and x-ray vision. Perhaps there are medical dangers to using x-ray vision and harming any innocents that might be caught in his line of site. Not everyone wears a lead apron in Metropolis.

And There's More

You'll have to read the issue to see why there's a dragon, why Superman ends up in Ireland and what his cousin has to say to him.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By feebadger

Never thought that Lobdell could turn this series around but i love the humanising effect he's had on it while mixing it with a sense of the fantastic. Great work

modunhanul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By modunhanul

His symbol in chest somehow reminds me of Iron man.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Baberaham_Lincoln

I loved the starting pages, where Superman bench pressed that machine for five days... so does that confirm he's way stronger before new 52?

andyediaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By andyediaz

I love the art style this series has taken. I hope Lobdell and Rocafort stay on this book for a while, they really turned it around.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mega_spidey01

the art work is amazing. i might pick this up because of scott synder is on the book.

darth_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By darth_jones

The scar is interesting. I thought the Dr. Veritas flirting was really strange.

Jimmy in the shower? Dumb. I mean good for Jimmy I guess but I'm guessing we'll never see this girl again and it's just to show that Jimmy has game. But he's just coming off as the obnoxious roommate.

Superman abusing his powers to creep on Lois Lane? Is this Super-dick silver age superman again? Wasn't this the same issue when he had been ranting about morality and honesty? Hypocritical. I disapprove.

Quitting? I don't know, it's not totally off base because there's some real worldness in the fact that print media is dying, but the Daily Planet was always supposed to be the newspaper that upheld honesty and stuff. I'd prefer to see the real Perry and the real Lois stick to their guns and fight this corporate infestation. But I'll try to reserve judgement because I hope that Clark, Lois, and the gang are able to save the Planet. If they've written the Planet off completely and he never goes back then i'll have a problem with that. The Daily Planet is an integral part of the Superman mythology.

New Powers. It's interesting, just confusing. I thought New 52 Superman was supposed to be less powerful? That's the only confusing thing, the new power is a little intriguing.

I didn't enjoy the issue, the dialogue was excessive and hard to get through. I think it's really hard to do thought balloons well, and I thought they were too cheesy. I have grown fond of Rocafort's art though. I'd be angrier about all the changes if it were actually Superman. This new character feels nothing like the real Man of Steel or who he's supposed to be. Hopefully Scott Snyder's title will be good.

geoff2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By geoff2005

im guessing Diggle and Snyder will make most superman fans happy

Diggle since he said he wants to bring the old elements back like Lois and bring it up to date

Snyder because do i really have to say

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By JairamGanpat

@geoff2005 said:

Diggle since he said he wants to bring the old elements back like Lois and bring it up to date

@Mega_spidey01 said:

the art work is amazing. i might pick this up because of scott synder is on the book.

This isn't Scott Snyder, its Scott LOBDELL

geoff2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By geoff2005

@JairamGanpat said:

@geoff2005 said:

@Mega_spidey01 said:

This isn't Scott Snyder, its Scott LOBDELL

i know, im saying that the ones who are disappointed should expect a better superman in snyder and diggle superman coming up

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Eyz

@Baberaham_Lincoln said:

I loved the starting pages, where Superman bench pressed that machine for five days... so does that confirm he's way stronger before new 52?

I thought the idea with the New 52 was to make things simpler and more relatable to newcomers... Making him so over-powerful doesn't sound like the way to go...

Avatar image for sundipped_superman
    Sundipped_Superman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why can't people appreciate a more powerful Superman, honestly the new 52 Superman was too watered down. I see nothing wrong with the recent strength feat and his new ability. But then again I'm a Superman fanboy so....

SS

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@Sundipped_Superman said:

Why can't people appreciate a more powerful Superman, honestly the new 52 Superman was too watered down. I see nothing wrong with the recent strength feat and his new ability. But then again I'm a Superman fanboy so....

My sentiments exactly.....also i think u will agree as a fanboy its not how powerful u make him its the stories u tell with him n theres endless possibilities SL has definitely shown us in this single issue how that can be done....loved everything about this issue except for that scar,supes is supposed to be spotless,unless the same thing that happened in earth 2 happened here(see Worlds finest #0) when darkseid got supes in the back. plus this issue also showed us how human supes is...m genuinely excited for scott lobdell's run.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and : my issue with a more powerful Superman is the fact that being too powerful is what makes his stories become dull and re-usable. Now I'm not talking about the sonar image forming thing (it kind of made sense but was overused and could have just been the catalyst for confirming things with his vision abilities). I'm talking pure strength levels here. By allowing him to benchpress the planet for five days straight the only thing writers can do is create villains that are even better than that. So we have to have galatic villains running around that can toss planets like beach balls. We're also saying that both Martian Manhunter and Captain Marvel are capable of about the same. It just isn't a very feasible idea for the long-run because the only way to challenge a Superman like that is to put him up against god-like beings and honestly that's not what a Superman story needs to be like because when you get a simplier story, like going up against Prankster or Lex Luthor, it loses its weight on how Superman could have any difficulty breaking out of a trap or going up against an invention of there's. Even in this issue Lobdell kind of reverses his power level (now, it could be argued he wasn't fully recharged yet but he did go directly to the sun to recharge) and the creature was able to hold him in its tail. Are you telling me that creature could apply that much pressure with its tail that a guy who can lift a planet wouldn't be able to break free?? Come on. It just doesn't make any sense and it leads to back and forth writing simply to make the story interesting, which in the end was one of the major criticisms of the Silver Age Superman and why John Bryne brought his power level down so much.

A god-like Superman works for Elseworld stories and mini-series, like All-Star Superman. It doesn't work in the long-run for the main timeline.

Keeping him at a maximum benchpress of 200-500 tons while allowing him to fly with a great deal more weight, say an aircraft carrier (because the electromagnetic effect of his flight ability coupled with his invulernability would allow him both lift that amount and survive being crushed by it even if he couldn't bench press the thing), would still make him Superman and set a great benchmark for other heroes and villains to follow. For instance, if Superman can bench 500 tons, than Martian Manhunter could bench 200, but Darkseid and Helspoint could bench in the 800-1000 ton range. That's can as great a strength as what is being presented, but it would be enough that they would be a challenge for Superman and require him to use the full extent of his abilities and not just go punch for punch......or necessitate the involvement of the Justice League or other heroes and thus connect Superman more to the rest of the superhero community to combat really high level threats.

War07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By War07

Enjoyed it alot I hope they can make superman even more powerful in the future!!

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SandMan_

Let's see where this goes.

Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gritterr

@ltbrd said:

and : my issue with a more powerful Superman is the fact that being too powerful is what makes his stories become dull and re-usable. Now I'm not talking about the sonar image forming thing (it kind of made sense but was overused and could have just been the catalyst for confirming things with his vision abilities). I'm talking pure strength levels here. By allowing him to benchpress the planet for five days straight the only thing writers can do is create villains that are even better than that. So we have to have galatic villains running around that can toss planets like beach balls. We're also saying that both Martian Manhunter and Captain Marvel are capable of about the same. It just isn't a very feasible idea for the long-run because the only way to challenge a Superman like that is to put him up against god-like beings and honestly that's not what a Superman story needs to be like because when you get a simplier story, like going up against Prankster or Lex Luthor, it loses its weight on how Superman could have any difficulty breaking out of a trap or going up against an invention of there's. Even in this issue Lobdell kind of reverses his power level (now, it could be argued he wasn't fully recharged yet but he did go directly to the sun to recharge) and the creature was able to hold him in its tail. Are you telling me that creature could apply that much pressure with its tail that a guy who can lift a planet wouldn't be able to break free?? Come on. It just doesn't make any sense and it leads to back and forth writing simply to make the story interesting, which in the end was one of the major criticisms of the Silver Age Superman and why John Bryne brought his power level down so much.

A god-like Superman works for Elseworld stories and mini-series, like All-Star Superman. It doesn't work in the long-run for the main timeline.

Keeping him at a maximum benchpress of 200-500 tons while allowing him to fly with a great deal more weight, say an aircraft carrier (because the electromagnetic effect of his flight ability coupled with his invulernability would allow him both lift that amount and survive being crushed by it even if he couldn't bench press the thing), would still make him Superman and set a great benchmark for other heroes and villains to follow. For instance, if Superman can bench 500 tons, than Martian Manhunter could bench 200, but Darkseid and Helspoint could bench in the 800-1000 ton range. That's can as great a strength as what is being presented, but it would be enough that they would be a challenge for Superman and require him to use the full extent of his abilities and not just go punch for punch......or necessitate the involvement of the Justice League or other heroes and thus connect Superman more to the rest of the superhero community to combat really high level threats.

@War07 said:

Enjoyed it alot I hope they can make superman even more powerful in the future!!

I find this sequence of posts hilarious

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
    kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kapitein_zeppos

@ltbrd said:

and : my issue with a more powerful Superman is the fact that being too powerful is what makes his stories become dull and re-usable. Now I'm not talking about the sonar image forming thing (it kind of made sense but was overused and could have just been the catalyst for confirming things with his vision abilities). I'm talking pure strength levels here. By allowing him to benchpress the planet for five days straight the only thing writers can do is create villains that are even better than that. So we have to have galatic villains running around that can toss planets like beach balls. We're also saying that both Martian Manhunter and Captain Marvel are capable of about the same. It just isn't a very feasible idea for the long-run because the only way to challenge a Superman like that is to put him up against god-like beings and honestly that's not what a Superman story needs to be like because when you get a simplier story, like going up against Prankster or Lex Luthor, it loses its weight on how Superman could have any difficulty breaking out of a trap or going up against an invention of there's.

There is an easier way to still allow the Silver Age feats, but at a cost. Superman holds only so much solar energy. The normal amount in his body would give him enough to lift a few dozen tons, fly around all day at supersonic speed etc. But if he needs to lift an aircraft carrier, he uses up a lot more and it wears him out. A sun-dipped Superman could lift the planet, but it would probably leave him exhausted, weakened and vulnerable for a few days or even kill him. This means Superman can take on most threats, including the cosmic ones, but at a price. It also helps to explain his confrontation with Doomsday for instance.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cloudzackvincent

great issue and great art.. i hv been looking forward to superman more than action because oof lobdell and rocafort

Shieldbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Shieldbearer

I love Rocafort's art. I am sold on this title as long as he is on it. Plus Lobdell was and is great on Red Hood and the Outlaws.

Benchpressing the equivalent of 5 earths seems like a bit much, but I agree with kapitein_zeppos. Make Superman's strength finite and weaker villains may still be able to take him on if they hold out long enough or separate Superman from his power source.

BTW, I don't know if anyone has noticed it yet, but H'el seems to be a derivitive of Helel, the Hebrew name of Satan in Isaiah chapter 14. For the longest time I have been interested in the Kryptonian use of the surname El as it is the Hebrew world for God. The title to the cover of an upcoming Superman issue including "Fallen Angel of Krypton" further supports my theory.

Just something to think about.

Shieldbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Shieldbearer

Correction, the title to this issue of Superman was "Who is the Fallen Angel of Kypton."

All the same, likely he had a falling out from taking a high position in Kryptonian heirarchy and was subsequently banished. Perhaps he will come as an angel of light to deceive the earthlings and Kal-El.

Blastov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Blastov

Superman's "X-ray vision" is just a misnomer; he can see through things that regular X-rays can't penetrate, and most of the time we see them in colour. If anything, I think it's a combination of his microscopic vision and super speed: he can focus his vision to see between atoms, and his mind moves at super speed to form a complete image of what lies beyond those atoms. Or something to that effect.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@ltbrd said:

Supes doesnt recharge so quickly and even if he did that was a prehistoric Kryptonian Dragon. luckily it was im assuming some kind of corrupt clone made by h'el based on its decaying dna which explains why supes was able to destroy it with a powerful explosion. its grip cldve easily held him(adding that he was partially exhausted) m pretty sure supes could get mauled by krypto let alone a flying dinosaur from krypton the fact that he wasnt crushed by its tail is saying something..i doubt we'd be able to fair well at all against a t-rex....i kno this is comic books n im gettin into too much detail but come on..what im tryin to say is this wasn't some silly silver-age story,it was genuinely good n sorry but ur whole comment influences the 'superman is overpowered' idea...if ur talkin in terms of amount of powers that stupid cuz martian manhunter can do almost anything...accordin to me n i think DC and Scott Lobdell as well(maybe) MM is not as Strong as supes..he's hella strong just not as strong.if ur talking about just strength there exists something called World Breaker Hulk....how is the same argument not made there??? Supes at this level is fine imo He's finally superman....in the case of writing stories with him pitted against regular folks(lex,toyman) u need a solid writer one who could show us how smart n deadly these people can be n how they can test Superman,maybe not always physically but in so many other ways.... and nobody's tossin planets,people who giv it everything they've got benching heavy weights definitely can't throw them around the room.....thats my view on the topic right now u have ur opinion but lets see how the story progresses,u feel that he's too powerful n the story's not goin anywhere read something else.i have no doubt Scott Lobdell can tell a good long story with a strong supes n so can other writers who genuinely like the character....so lets see how he does it.

ps-loved the sonar bit,heck if Daredevil can do it why can't superman.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Crash_Recovery

This looks a lot more fun than Superman has been for me in a while. I'd hoped Action Comics would be akin to Morrison's All Star Superman, but it turned out to be an odd mishmash that has only really confused the character more during this relaunch.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

At least this series is getting better

btmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By btmt

@Baberaham_Lincoln said:

I am going to say Yes. New52 Superman is more powerful than before.

Superman bench pressed the earth's weight at the earth's core without any exposure to Sun and without getting any solar energy for 5 days continuously, so in standard way Superman is definitely more powerful than that.

So at last we have got our powerful "Superman" who can kick many overpowered "marvel" character's ass.

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By derf_jenkins

I am only reading AC for the supes books right now...unless u count JL as well. I may drop that for either this or Man of Steel. I will have to keep an eye on this title.

whitelantern64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By whitelantern64

Im liking lobell's run way more at this point than the previous superman writers. Feels more coherent and planned out while at the same time expanding the superman mythos for the new generation. It'll be interesting to see how syder's and lee's new superman comic will be set up and how it goes along with this one.

whitelantern64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By whitelantern64

@geoff2005: you, realize that the synder and lee superman is a new superman comic entirely, right? Lobell's on this comic for the foreseeable future.

Mediumguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mediumguy

How is Superman going to pay his bills? Easy, B: "Clark what's wrong?" S: "Look Bruce I kinda uh... I need some money." B: "Sure." S: "I didn't say how much." B: "I'm Bruce Wayne it doesn't matter how much".

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By ccraft

@Baberaham_Lincoln: I would like to know his max weight he could throw up! Cant wait until they put that machine in 2nd gear. This also proves hes stronger than Goku haha

Avatar image for supermanfan122508
    supermanfan122508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of H'El on Earth.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#32  Edited By StMichalofWilson

A badass scar?

A sexy lady ally?

Jimmy a playa?!

Clark Kent quitting the Daily Planet?!

New Sonar powers?!

Sweet Zombie Jesus!!!

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By Icon

I love the "Jerry MaGuire" moment. Nice to see CK standing up for his ideals (truth, justice AND the American way).

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By Bruxae

@ltbrdsaid:

@Sundipped_Superman and : my issue with a more powerful Superman is the fact that being too powerful is what makes his stories become dull and re-usable. Now I'm not talking about the sonar image forming thing (it kind of made sense but was overused and could have just been the catalyst for confirming things with his vision abilities). I'm talking pure strength levels here. By allowing him to benchpress the planet for five days straight the only thing writers can do is create villains that are even better than that. So we have to have galatic villains running around that can toss planets like beach balls. We're also saying that both Martian Manhunter and Captain Marvel are capable of about the same. It just isn't a very feasible idea for the long-run because the only way to challenge a Superman like that is to put him up against god-like beings and honestly that's not what a Superman story needs to be like because when you get a simplier story, like going up against Prankster or Lex Luthor, it loses its weight on how Superman could have any difficulty breaking out of a trap or going up against an invention of there's. Even in this issue Lobdell kind of reverses his power level (now, it could be argued he wasn't fully recharged yet but he did go directly to the sun to recharge) and the creature was able to hold him in its tail. Are you telling me that creature could apply that much pressure with its tail that a guy who can lift a planet wouldn't be able to break free?? Come on. It just doesn't make any sense and it leads to back and forth writing simply to make the story interesting, which in the end was one of the major criticisms of the Silver Age Superman and why John Bryne brought his power level down so much.

@ltbrd

:

I agree with this for the most part, except that he should be a little stronger then suggested.. he IS superman after all, just juggling planets are too much, for these reasons.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kid Apollo

please forgive my ignorance because i havent been reading the title, but has Supes died in the new 52? was the battle with Doomsday part of his history that transferred over? if so that might explain where the scar came from, i mean sure a punch to the face could kill you, but gettin stabbed through the heart is a little more believable

waruikumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36  Edited By waruikumo

Hate to say it. But I don't like Lobdell's writing. Everything is very gimmicky and sterile. Not that the current run of N52 Superman is great, but I won't be adding or caring about this book. It's sad that DCs revamp has turned into a revival of some of the most catatonic 90s comics.

NXH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By NXH

@Shieldbearer: What did you think of Rocafort's work on Hunter Killer, Madame Mirage and that Cyber Force Hunter Killer crossover?

ectoborge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ectoborge

I love the direction of this series and I am glad that I am not out of the loop and that these questions will be answered.

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

#39  Edited By Cavemold

No cock blocking CLARK!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#40  Edited By Lvenger

Seems better than the previous issues of Superman. Though I'm not too keen on the whole American way thing. I prefer him representing the best of humanity, not one part of it. Let Cap be the symbol for the American Way.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Or35ti

I'm surprised the bench-pressing the Earth feat for five days wasn't up here. That was intense. If i remember correctly Superman's x-ray vision is natural so it doesn't harm people so I don't understand the point of sonar, even though it is cool.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DEGRAAF

just from hearing Lobdell talk about this in interviews and seeing the short preview i knew he was turning this book in the right direction. I have cut WAY back on buying comics (the last 4 or 5 i bought were just the Avengers Vs X-Men series in their respected months) and now i am trying some way to afforrd buying this seires. Superman has been my favorite character my whole life but his comics are usually less then par. Im glad to see that changing. Hopefully Lobdell will move this up to competing with Batman.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sethysquare

@StMichalofWilson said:

A badass scar?

A sexy lady ally?

Jimmy a playa?!

Clark Kent quitting the Daily Planet?!

New Sonar powers?!

Sweet Zombie Jesus!!!

exhyni9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By exhyni9

@Shieldbearer:Its not of 5 earth but the weight of 1 for 5 days

MonkeyToe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#45  Edited By MonkeyToe

I liked everything on this list EXCEPT the sonar hearing.

Overall, I am not a fan of the issue and I posted a review on exactly why I didn't.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JamDamage

Not that I care, but didn't DC do this whole new 52 for new YOUNGER readers? Isn't one of the reasons that Wonder Woman keeps showing up in places with pants on, because of the YOUNGER readers. Why would they have Jimmy in a sex scene?

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ThanosIsMad

The girl with Jimmy is probably the asian girl he was partnered up with in the Perez run. They did have some sort of spark, and it's nice that Lobdell isn't just dumping everything that isn't his.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ThanosIsMad

@JamDamage said:

Not that I care, but didn't DC do this whole new 52 for new YOUNGER readers? Isn't one of the reasons that Wonder Woman keeps showing up in places with pants on, because of the YOUNGER readers. Why would they have Jimmy in a sex scene?

No, they did it for new readers. The age bracket is still the PG-13 crowd, so this content falls right in line for that. Johnny DC and the Young Justice book is for younger readers.

MonkeyToe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#49  Edited By MonkeyToe

@JamDamage said:

I thought it was to draw in new readers not just younger readers?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SmashBrawler

@JamDamage said:

Since two people have already said that it's for new readers, not younger, I'm going to say that Wonder Woman has never appeared with pants on outside of Odyssey (Pre-52) and some promotional material for The New 52.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.