Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Pre-52/Rebirth Superman respect thread

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Loading Video...

Dc

I think DC is slowly reminding the comic world that superman hidden power is hope combine with willpower and some other craziness. A reminder this is why he is Superman he does the impossible for sure.

Cybernetics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

''I think DC is slowly reminding the comic world that superman hidden power is hope combine with willpower and some other craziness. A reminder this is why he is Superman he does the impossible for sure.''

Translation = Writers don't have consistency on powers because are stupid.

LeaderVladimir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Action Comics #1026

So, apparently, Superman can use his heat vision to set his own fist on fire and punch a Parasite from an alternate universe with it.

No Caption Provided

Cybernetics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Action Comics #1026

So, apparently, Superman can use his heat vision to set his own fist on fire and punch a Parasite from an alternate universe with it.

No Caption Provided

That is funny, and somehow stupid. Superman powers could expand is so many beautiful ways and they choose the most dumb ways possible to do it.

mindset01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman lifts and flies with a living star with a hydrogen/helium core and he is a yellow star (which means he is at least as heavy as our sun).

It is revealed in Last 52 War of Multiverses that anti life equation was actually draining him.

No Caption Provided

Comic2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wondered why there were no new feats, until I read this whole story and understood that Superman has been quite pathetic, he does absolutely nothing and when he does something in the end they have to save him. superman is the damsel in metal distress, has been rescued once by comic

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Superman: Red and blue #1 Superman moves planet or moved a planet back into orbit. The planet is a little smaller then earth. Not sure of the suns color or proximity do to the art, but its a good strength feat. Not sure if these are in continuity. Though they do refer to continuity.

No Caption Provided

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys, do you know of the DC comics tournament on Twitter? It is called Round Robin:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamesradar.com/amp/dc-round-robin/

You can basically vote one of 16 comics, the winner will be published.

One of those comics is "Superman & Lois: Ignition", here it is its description:

" Our solar system is a machine—and its purpose is to trap and kill Superman! The sun is darkening, Mars’s orbit is changing, and a mysterious citadel in Jupiter’s Great Red Eye has awoken; it is time for Kal-El to stand against the very end of his world. But he won’t be doing it alone: Lois Lane is suited up and blasting off to get the biggest story in human history…and to watch Clark’s back as he faces his greatest challenge yet. Facing ancient aliens and planet-sized machines, trickster asteroids, and the gigakrakens of Neptune, Superman and Lois will fight across all nine planets to prevent Earth’s dark destiny and save our future!"

Now this story seems to be just gigantic fun and action imo, if you want you can vote on Twitter on this link:

DC (@DCComics) ha twittato: #DCRoundRobin

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1377310186323369985?s=20

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4: given it references a canon comic id say it should be canon.

That reference was of a pre-crisis story.

However pre-crisis story were mentioned even during the current continuity, for example when Superman pushed and destroyed Warworld recently (was it Superman # 22?) , Clark remembers Kara destroyng Warworld (it is when he says he has to steal one of her moves)...but that was a pre-crisis story too.

So who knows? After Infinity Frontier seems like everything is canon.

Still it si clear that this Superman , the Rebirth one, is more than capable of pushing a planet out of its orbit.

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@termiteone4ever: Webcamparrot takes things out of context or is flat out wrong...

Pc Darkseid is the same as the Post Crisis Darkseid. Who drained PC Mordru, and PC Time Trapper casually.

Webcam parrot has flawed reasoning. People tend over exaggerate fictional characters with other mediums far more than Dc or Marvel.

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kirkseven: Superman doesn't have faster than light speed. He said himself in Superman For Tomorrow.

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shauryaistheone: Superman is weak to magic. This blast is more esoteric. The Spectre is a spirit. Shaman's specialize in anything spirit related. It is Tempest taking out Hydro-Man.

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@termiteone4ever: Dc retconned the fight with Dominus. Superman was the agent of order.

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Superman flies thru Galaxies at the speed of sound. The FTL feats are either he sundips or sun bathes.

Comic2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So now superman flies at the speed of sound through the galaxy, I guess he spends a couple of millions of years going from one place to another.

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1168  Edited By elvinisaev42

@comic2020: He sun dips and sun baths from nearby stars.

opis34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elvinisaev42: Superman never said he couldn’t move at the speed or light or faster. He just said he can move across galaxies at the speed of sound. Not that he can’t go faster.

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1170  Edited By elvinisaev42
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Superman flies thru Galaxies at the speed of sound. The FTL feats are either he sundips or sun bathes.

This post is flawed.

Are you saying superman cant go at light speeds.

Just remember that dark Moon feat did happen. Along with various other feats.

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@termiteone4ever: You can't cherry pick my friend.

My friend,

The way I see it, the only person cherry-picking here is you. This is a respect thread and you are posting and making wild claims of your own views. As if you are aiming to low balling. I hope you do this for characters you like as well in other threads.

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elvinisaev42 said:

@termiteone4ever: You can't cherry pick my friend.

My friend,

The way I see it, the only person cherry-picking here is you. This is a respect thread and you are posting and making wild claims of your own views. As if you are aiming to low balling. I hope you do this for characters you like as well in other threads.

How come Superman in that comic book series could catch bullets?

So, are you admitting Superman is a poorly written inconsistent character.

Comic2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1175  Edited By Comic2020

@elvinisaev42: If you think there is a well-written comic character when it comes to power or ability, you have not read a comic. all the characters have ridiculous feats both high and low level, batman a human dodged attacks that have hit superman or flash, then follow you that would mean that when we talk about speed.

batman >>>> flash >>>> superman.

LeaderVladimir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman: Red and Blue#2

Superman takes on Lex Luthor, who is armed with a piece of red Kryptonite, and wins.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

How should we treat this?

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elvinisaev42: "you can't cherry pick"... says the guy who is cherry picking..

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1178  Edited By elvinisaev42

@comic2020:

@elvinisaev42: If you think there is a well-written comic character when it comes to power or ability, you have not read a comic. all the characters have ridiculous feats both high and low level, batman a human dodged attacks that have hit superman or flash, then follow you that would mean that when we talk about speed.

batman >>>> flash >>>> superman.

I have read comics. All the writers contradict one another.

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zandalf: If you want to CaV me. I would prove you wrong.

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman's best feat. Taking on a Sun-Eater the size of a Nebula that threatens star systems.

No Caption Provided

Too Bad Kryptonians can easily knock him down.

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman Vs Redemption.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jon has new statement about his potential being greater then his father.

No Caption Provided

Comic2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dc humiliates superman to make other characters great, now he humiliates him to make his own son great. DC has turned Superman into a cheap whore.

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic2020:Superman can turn invisible and phase, which Dc writers forget 99.9999999 percent at a time.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elvinisaev42: Ya i know. Which a don't care for. But my post was about Jon's potential being mentioned to be greater then Clarks for the second time.

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1187  Edited By elvinisaev42

@coolcat4: They said the same thing abut Connor Kent. Half-Kryptonians are weaker than pure kryptonians.

Comic2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the secondary characters of other important heroes, makes the heroes larger characters.

Jon, a supporting character to Superman, makes Superman a supporting character.

Jon has more potential.

Jon is the creator of United Planets.

Jon is the leader of the legion. Jon is the real superman (now Clark is useless).

superman (clark) dies so Jon can take over, from now on the main character is Jon, clark = robin.

In less than 10 years, superman (clark) dies 2 times for another to take his place (superman new 52 dies, for the classic to take his place) which weakens him, I'm starting to see. that the normal state of the superman is half dead and weakened, that when he is in peak form he is an exception.

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic2020: Superman should not have died or get knocked out. He could have phased those attacks.

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post Crisis Superman & a group of kryptonians can't move a moon.

LeaderVladimir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic2020: If DC wants to replace Clark with Jon, that's their choice. These are DC's stories and characters and they can do whatever they want with them. On the other hand, fans aren't obligated to like every little thing DC does with its characters. It's all subjective.

Personally, I don't like the route DC is taking with the Super-Family. For me, Clark will always be the one true Superman, and that's because he came in first. He's the original Superman and that's something not even DC or anyone can take from him. While I do have some measure of respect towards other characters in the Super-Family, Clark is my favorite character not only in the Superman saga, but in the entire DC Universe.

Since Clark debuted first, he had more time to endear himself to the fans and we wouldn't have characters like Jon, Conner or Kara if it wasn't for Clark testing the waters and guiding the way forward. Some of those fans, right or wrong, have no desire to see Clark brought down even one peg in an effort to propel the new character forward. Is that fair to that new character? Maybe not, but Clark is the precedence setter in the franchise and the standard against which the new character will be measured or judged. Trying to give audiences a character that easily exceeds that precedence or proves to be better or more powerful than Superman, then people will likely reject that new character and the very least, demand answers as to why is the new character better. However, if you put her below that standard and make the character less interesting or less powerful, people won't likely care that much about them, certainly not enough to star in their own stories, at least.

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elvinisaev42:

First of all Superman already moved the moon on his own...then of course you are missing the context of that scan in which the kryptonians failed to move the moon. There is an obvious explanation if someone actually cares to read the issue...you could even try something like that for once ;)

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zandalf: Not really, so you admit Superman is badly written.

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zandalf: 🤔 Where is the proof? Sweetheart.

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elvinisaev42:

Don't call me sweetheart, please, I am not your friend and I am already regretting this.

However those kryptonians couldn't move that moon because it was enclosed in a quantum bubble/energy field thing which was propelling it at relativistic speeds. The moon started slowing down once the energy bubble was removed. So you could argue that the energy sphere was stronger than all the supermen combined but not that they weren't strong enough to move the moon...which they actually did, some issue later.

So, to recap, you missed TONS of context, and you missed the fact that they DID move the moon... but this is not the point here.

The point is that you are posting bad feats on a respect thread which is generally used, for every character, to post good feats. If you want to (clearly) lowball a character i suggest you to go to the battle forums. I also suggest you to don't post stuff you clearly know nothing about.

Then I am not going to search the scans for you. Since you "know the context" you should also know which comic we are talking about and you can find those scans by yourself. I am not doing this work for you I am sorry.

Then every character has good feats and bad feats, usually writers tend to not care about power levels, and this is not just a problem for Superman but for every other character in general.

Hopefully I am been clear enough, i won't respond to you again, unless you write something which actually makes sense.

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zandalf: I really don't care. Your post makes no sense. You failed to change my mind with opinion. Not facts..

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://movieweb.com/superman-power-levels-dc-comics-explains/

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any new feats?

opis34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elvinisaev42: Why did you amend Superman’s character wiki to imply that he can only move at the speed of sound? That one comic you referenced does not get rid of all the feats he has showing he can move faster. Furthermore that scan doesn’t even even say he can only move at the speed of sound and that he only goes faster because he he sundips. It just says he can move at the speed of sound and that he can dive into a star. Nothing more.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1200  Edited By ParagonxXx

I've lost count of how many feats Superman has where he is either running faaaaaaar faster than sound or flying way beyond it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.