Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Outlier, contextual, or legit?

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cognitive
    No Caption Provided

A comic I read years ago recently bugs me a lot...

In Superman #675 - Shadows Linger, Part Two: The Long Road, Clark flew into the Galactic Golem's body and destroyed several planetoids and ultimately busted the one on the forehead which served as its power source.

The question is : Does this make him a multi-planet buster? I've read in those issues that the planetoid on Golem's head was a replica of Daxam.

No Caption Provided

However, several wikis I've visited claimed it being a ''miniature mass''(dc database) or a ''small replica''(CV wiki), and the explosion did not destroy the Earth...

Was there texts I missed? Or is this feat simply considered an outlier like the shadow moon?

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It seems contextual, but I would have to re-read the storyline to be sure.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
    Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody seems to want to accept it on here.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd say it looks legit

Avatar image for deactivated-5c15c5c049c51
    deactivated-5c15c5c049c51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cognitive: It's contextual, it was mentioned twice in the comic that the "planets" inside the Golem were as you correctly identified "planetoids". The term planetoid is synonymous with asteroid actually. And if I'm not mistaken I once saw @lvenger say how the writer of the story actually stated that the planetoids inside the Golem where the same size as they were drawn, not so much bigger than Superman himself.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.