Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Off My Mind: Why Superman and Wonder Woman's Kiss Makes Sense (For Now)

• 154 results
    a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By a88378438

what?eh,i mean,if SA superman and SA supergirl go to bed ,they are %$@#$would be destroy a galaxy,or many planets

DarkWingDuck88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By DarkWingDuck88

frankly, I have always viewed a Supes/Wondy pairing as disgusting because it is seems semi-incestual. The Two heros remind me of male-female twins. the "relationship" should begin and END with that one kiss. From a personality stand-point, they are completely incompatible, she's a warrior trained in combat since she could hold a sword, and he's a good-ol' farm boy from Kansas. The "Clark Kent" persona IS NOT an "act", as some may claim, it is how he was raised. The only realistic long-term romance for Superman is Lois Lane. Period. And I staunchly believe that Wonder Woman belongs with Batman. Allow me to explain. Aside from obvious similarities, like both being true, dyed-in-the-wool warriors and the inherent compatibility of their "missions", Wonder Woman is the ONLY love interest who could provide Bruce Wayne with the happiness and sense of being whole that was ripped away from him with the loss of his parents. Other love interests, namely Catwoman and Talia Al Ghul (all the "regular" girls Bruce dates are simply WAY too lame), can never be trusted fully, they have far too much baggage of their own for any long-term coupling with the Dark Knight to work. And i DON'T wanna hear any arguments along the line of "Batman should never be happy, or he's not Batman". That's just stupid. NOBODY in comic book history deserves a little happiness more than Batman. and even if he finds happiness in the arms of Diana of Themyscira, he wouldn't suddenly give up being batman, is far too deeply ingrained in his psyche. Another reason why Wonder Woman/Batman is PERFECT, she could not only understand his psychological NEED to be batman, she would RESPECT it. He used his pain to become the world's greatest warrior detective. Superman is NOTHING but farmboy-cum-reporter, who happens to be invunerable. Superman IS Clark Kent, not the other way around. His REAL personality is WAY too boring for Wonder Woman. Oh, and as a end note, all of WW's "canon" romances are super lame. Bruce and Diana belong together, it is inevitable. and DC better not fuck it up.

DarkWingDuck88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By DarkWingDuck88

@ltbrd: DC won't give Batman a wife because the DC editors are a bunch of losers. everything about the characters Wonder Woman and Batman SCREAM that they would make an absolutely ideal couple. But, you are right. DC is under the delusion that Bruce Wayne needs to miserable to be batman, and Wonder Woman is the only woman in all the DC universes that would could possibly have a working marriage to the Batman, so naturally, the pathetic losers at DC will never let it come to fruition.

TheNamelessGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By TheNamelessGod

@DarkWingDuck88 said:

Superman is NOTHING but farmboy-cum-reporter, who happens to be invunerable.

Go back under the rock you crawled up from batfanboy. New 52 Supes is no boyscout farmboy. Neither was Golden Age/SA. I would argue more but clearly you don't sound older than 13 which makes me think that my reasoning would go over your head. So yeah, you are absolutely hilarious though I'll give you that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.