Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Off My Mind: DC Universe Reboot: Should Superman Hook Up with Wonder Woman?

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#51  Edited By RazzaTazz

@Primmaster64

I am not angry I am just stating a fact.  I will stop reading comics as long as this romantic pairing exists.   

As usual in DC, Superman fans get the mine, Batman fans get the gold, and the rest of the DC fans get the shaft. 

DeawonCDelaney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By DeawonCDelaney

Dumb move they are  basically saying that Wonder Woman needs a man to be relevant, and if that's not sexist I don't no what is. Lois Lane is just as iconic as any Superhero in the DC universe, let me guess her and Batman is going to get together in the Reboot or even weirder her and Lex Luthor. Plus putting Superman and Wonder Woman means one of them has to take a step back in character development we all no Wonder Woman has a warriors spirit, and Superman is a pacifist, but semi ruthless when provoked. 

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @RazzaTazz said:
    This is ridiculous - its like saying Barack Obama should marry Angela Merkel because they are the most powerful man and woman in the world, despite the fact there are marriages already and that they have completely different belief systems.  If Superman and Wonder Woman get married or whatever, I will stop reading Wonder Woman comics.  
    HAHAHAHA,that's the least of my worries for now.
    azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By azza04
    @DeawonCDelaney: I think views like that are the reason Wonder Woman has had such a terrible romantic history. What the hell is wrong with her and Superman having a thing for a while? They have been good friends, why wouldn't they take the next step to see where things go? All this hate is ridiculous. Personally i think this will be good for both characters.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#55  Edited By SC  Moderator

Horrible idea! Clearly, Batman is more popular than Wonder Woman. He should be getting with Superman. Also hook up Morrison with Johns, and their son can go on to unite the DC fans with his merged writing style! 

RareCheshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By RareCheshire

No, it should always be Lois and Clark. Don't break up that couple!

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @SC said:
    Horrible idea! Clearly, Batman is more popular than Wonder Woman. He should be getting with Superman. Also hook up Morrison with Johns, and their son can go on to unite the DC fans with his merged writing style! 
    LOL.
    xLeitix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58  Edited By xLeitix

"With Flashpoint erasing the marriage, we don't have to worry about a divorce or bitterness from fans (as with Spider-Man and Mary Jane's marriage)." 

Ah, why would the fans react any differently than in the Spidey vs. MJ case?

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By bingbangboom

I honestly don't mind this because it is sort of stale. Part of the fun is the chase and he already got the girl. Thing is Wonder Woman going to be all heads over heels for Superman? I really doubt it but I do think the possibilities of her trying to decide over Superman and Batman interesting.

SirSparkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SirSparkington

Please, please, please don't do this.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SC  Moderator

There will still be bitterness from fans over a Supes/Lois split. You underestimate fans capacity for bitterness otherwise. Erasure from a deus ex machina event VS a deus ex machina story line. Same thing. 

Confuse everyone and put Supes with Mary Jane and Lois with Spidy. Thats what fans want anyway. Like a Fraction/Land Key party! Everyone is invited! (except please don't invite Wonder Woman) 

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TheThe
    @SC said:
    Batman is already committed with Robin
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @entropy_aegis said:
    @SC said:
    LOL.

Is it even possible to comprehend what the child spawned from the joint loins of Grant Morrison and Geoff Johns views on continuity will be? lol  

All I know is his last name will be Morrison. 
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By johnny_spam

Putting them together is a stupid move.The whole point of Superman and Lois is that he is human enough for her for one woman. Putting him with someone with powers defeats the purpose of living among humans. Also it's just an excuse for Wonder Woman not to have a true love interest since the writers struggle with her life.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @TheThe said:
    @SC said:
    No he ain't.@SC said:
    @entropy_aegis said:
    @SC said:
    LOL.
     Is it even possible to comprehend what the child spawned from the joint loins of Grant Morrison and Geoff Johns views on continuity will be? lol   All I know is his last name will be Morrison. 
    Geoff Morrison? But seriously,Grant would have been better for this reboot.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @TheThe said:
    @SC said:

I think her name is Cobie.  Robin is just her name on the show. 

No Caption Provided
    Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#67  Edited By Mbecks14

If they break Superman and Lois up....AND put Superman and Wonder Woman together I will freak out! It's stuff like this that makes me so freaking nervous about this reboot!!

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @entropy_aegis said:
    Geoff Morrison? But seriously,Grant would have been better for this reboot.

Geoff Junior? GJ? 

Yah. I would be way less apprehensive if Morrison was more involved. 
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By danhimself

but Wonder Woman is in love with Batman.....this whole "reboot" is nonsense and poppycock*

*Gambler yelled at me for my language on this subject yesterday

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70  Edited By Omega-Man

I never liked this idea and just from the statement I like it even less, you pretty much just stated why the idea of Wonder Woman and Superman as a couple shouldn't happen. 

Superman has a strong moral code of no killing and he is not a warrior he is a savior for a future a bright one.

Wonder Woman is a warrior born but her moral code is a warriors and she has killed a few times this seems like a clash to me why would Superman go with a warrior that will kill if the time comes for it? 

Just because Wonder Woman is powerful doesn't mean they should be together, the very reason Clark is with Lois is because even though Superman is an alien Lois is there too keep him human, Superman THINKS himself human even though he isn't.

Plus Wonder Woman is hardly the only powerful woman, Maxima, Starfire, Big Barda. There are a few powerful women but like Wonder Woman all of them clash with Superman's code thats why none of them were right for him but Lois. 

As for the target thing, it's been done when Manchester black found out that Clark was Superman, and guess what Superman over came it. and it happened again in another story involving Gog and Doomsday, and again even though they were killed Superman wouldn't change his moral code because of the people and the example he had to set.

And as For Superman's weight he is 225lbs his weight has nothing todo with his strength. And superman has stated he has to take care all the time in what he does and he has perfect muscle control hench how he can do super ventriloquisam and change his voice to match other people's.

Avatar image for u_r_sofa_king_we_todd_did
    U R Sofa King We Todd Did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeawonCDelaney: the kind of sad part is that Wonder Woman probably does need Superman to become relevant. While she does have her pocket of fans, the majority of comic readers either don't like her, don't relate to her, or won't but her comic. Despite being born and raised on earth she is far more alien than Superman given her back round and personality. Being paired with Superman will not only give her more exposure but being in a relationship will likely get her to reveal more about herself, her emotions, and faults as she confides in Superman(and indirectly the readers). Finally given how they are modernizing the characters it is likely that Superman and Wonder Woman's personalties while end up closer together than previously. To be honest they really weren't that different before just flipped. Superman: The pacifist warrior  Wonder Woman: The warrior pacifist
    Roninidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Roninidas

If you want new younger audience create new younger characters.  Use current characters as role model and icons for the younger characters.  I am not talking about the fourth generation Flash donning the Flash Uniform. I mean brand new characters with their own costumes and own identites.  

What is a new character shows up in Gotham and Batman is like. "This is my territory.' besdies you need to knock this off or else you will get killed."  New character continues to do his thing and proves his worth to Batman.  Bat man offers him the honoray card to the Batman Family, but the New Character refuses the offer.  That could be an interesting story where a new character that is not a pyschopath is operating with in Gothams Borders and is actually formidble in his own right. 

DC Comics have been moving away from America.  They want their characters to be more Worldly.  Create some new characters that operate overseas.  Start telling those storylines.  

Instead of revamping your entire Universe and just crapping on the hard work others before you have put into a character and the universe on a gimmicky reboot.  Try writing better stories and make new characters. 
    Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Mbecks14

I'm pretty sure Spider-Man fans were PISSED about OMD, so i feel like it would be a really bad move to go that route.  

Superman+Lois forever!

Avatar image for thecheckeredman
    thecheckeredman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By thecheckeredman

I say don't go too far in any direction too fast. Tension. Build a good romantic/flirtatious relationship between Clark and Lois and give us that fun feeling again that made us fall in love with these characters in the first place. Maybe Clark could see himself with WW logically, but his heart says Lois. 

Plus, I'd love to see the "new" DC maybe explore the very interesting potential relationship with WW and Batman that was going on in the JL/JLU show. 

Scott_Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Scott_Y

Superman doesn't date people. Clark dates people.

djotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 367

#76  Edited By djotaku

So does this reboot make it a bad time to get into Batman?  Some of the books like Gotham City Sirens don't seem ready to end in time for a reboot.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#77  Edited By Decept-O

Just had this convo with another user yesterday.   

I may be in the minority here but having Supes and Wondie as a couple is something I've wanted to see and to me, only makes sense.  It was intimated at in Kingdom Come, but in that Elseworlds title, Lois had long passed.   

Superman being with Lois always irked me.  Lois is annoying as hell.  Wonder Woman is not and can well, "meet" Superman's needs.   Wonder Woman has usually been written as having admiration for Superman if she doesn't always agree with his Boy Scout ways.  She is a good match for him because she is willing to go the distance, challenging Superman. 

I like it. 

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#78  Edited By Outside_85

It could only be Johns that figured this was a smart move.

shiro11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By shiro11

Never understood why anyone would want to put them together. Why is it them having similar powers = interesting relationship.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#80  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Worst. Idea. Ever.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#81  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    They should have left him with Lois >_>
    Avatar image for kitsuneconundrum
    kitsuneconundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By kitsuneconundrum

if you want to capture younger readers. Do batman with Diana 'cos thats what happened in the justice league cartoon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the teaser image of the new Justice League it appears that Superman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg may be younger than the other members. So while they'll be adults they may only be in their early 20's where they rest could be late 20's or early 30's (I'd actually like to see Batman be the oldest because it works for him being the authority figure of the team). 

So if the writers were smart I think they should set-up a relationship in the same way as the triangle that originally existed between Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, and Lightning Lad of the Legion of Super-Heroes but instead its between Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman. Due to the time Wonder Woman spends with each one their is implied sexual tension through body language and how they interact and speak to one another (WW to Bats and WW to Supes just to clarify everything). 

At the same time both men have a conflict of their own. On Bats side he's conflicting on whether he should even have a relationship and whether it should be with a younger woman (if indeed WW turns out to be younger). On Supes side he's begin to have the same feelings and interactions with Lois in his identity of Clark Kent (completely get rid of the idea that Lois loves Superman and go solely with Lois and Clark becoming an item) and which (i.e. which identity) he wants to pursue a relationship with. 

In the end you have Supes (as Clark) go with the relationship with Lois and (personal opinion) Bats and WW try out a relationship but it doesn't work out. This is the best idea because WW shouldn't be involved with either of them since they are the "Big Three" and she should be with someone else.
    Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#84  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

Not to have my mind in the gutter, but..... Think how good the "bow chika wow wow" would be?

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#85  Edited By cosmo111687

"Superman is one of the world's most powerful heroes. It would make total sense for him to find a partner that could stand on even grounds with. " 

I think that's the charm of Superman and Lois' relationship - Superman wants to see himself on equal ground with a human because that's how he was raised, a human. And Lois is a tough, intrepid reporter. She can handle herself around danger. :) 

And part of Wonder Woman's charm is that she's self-confident enough to feel comfortable with her single status - to her it's something of a mark of independence. Although I personally always loved the idea of her having a slight crush on Batman - especially since her father (in some interpretations of the character) is Hades, ruler of the underworld.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#86  Edited By Deranged Midget

G-Man said it perfectly. Superman doesn't want to be "Super" all the time. Maybe he wants to be normal and just relax a little bit and Lois was there to help him through it. Lois is the only one for Superman.

Wonder Woman should be just a fling if anything happens.

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#87  Edited By StarKiller809

I seriously don't think they should do this. Wonder Woman and Superman both have a love intrest that they seem better off with. I know Wonder Woman fan wanted her to get with Steve Trevor after Odyssey, but I don't like this new thing with her and Supes.
    mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#88  Edited By mewmdude77

Seeing as not very many other Spider-Man fans have inputted into this topic, I wanted to give a perspective. First of all, Why are people comparing Superman-Lois Lane marriage to Spider-Man- Mary Jane marriage? Superman's marriage, at least I think, should be compared to the Mr. Fantastic-Invisible Woman marriage. Those two marriages are the most iconic marriages of their companies. Secondly, most Spider-Man fans were super pissed at what Quesada, that bastard, did with Spider-Man's marriage. What made us made was actually the fact that Peter made an irresponsible deal with the devil(Mephisto) to trade his marriage to a hot young model(MJ) for his elderly Aunt May, who will probably die again in a couple years. It was the irresponsibilty he used in his decision. Cause You all know "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility" is his way of doing things. He did the opposite of that, and instead of working things out and toughing the storm out like a responsible person would, he made a deal with THE DEVIL!!!!! And the events that happened and all the character development that happened from the marriage all disappeared. 

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION

I'd rather see both Superman and Wonder Woman to stay single.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Yeah just the potential changes that are still being discussed here are making me Flashpoint all the more considering the aftermath.  I don't know, Lois and Clark for me are meant to be together, the Wonder Woman/Kal thing just fit for the Kingdom Come reality, and hell even that was after Lois had died and Kal was a widower.  I'm just of the opinion that if things are going down this unfortunate route that there could be a massive reaction to it to get things back to where they were.  Like Lincoln said, "we cannot escape history." Such a statement even applies to comics.  No, for me the changes that are being undertaken for DC would be much better  utilized in Marvel in my opinion.

shellbell60613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By shellbell60613

I can see Wonder Woman with Batman...

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#92  Edited By Fantasgasmic

On the one hand, NO! SH*T NO, son!! what's the MATTER with you?! (that "you" being Lee and Johns)

Rhi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Rhi

NO! Just no! I can't even... so just no! 

Have Wonder Woman fall for Aquaman, just leave Supes and Lois alone! Even non comic readers know, Superman/Clark and Lois belong together.  

I asked my cousin, who's knowledge of comics doesn't go beyond cartoons and movies, she's never picked up a comic in her life, what she thought about splitting Clois and putting Supes and WW together. Her exact words "Aww what the hell? Aren't Lois and Clark forever?" 

So again I say, NO!
    Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    Worst. Idea. Ever.
    @TheGoldenOne said:
    Avatar image for deactivated-64fa9d029dbb3
    deactivated-64fa9d029dbb3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shellbell60613: Gods yes!!  I want this to happen!
    Jayso4201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Jayso4201

I touched on this in Babs' story but to me every time they change things it just goes back to way it was. So let em do whatever the hell they want cause eventually it just be back to normal.

Nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Nexas

I've never understood the appeal of the Superman/Wonder Woman romance that always seems to pop up in Elsewhere stories. It always seemed that the only logic behind it was "He's super strong. She's super strong. He's the iconic male hero. She's the iconic female hero. They should totally bone!" 

davelecave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By davelecave

Coming This Summer...

One More Day 2: We Promise It Won't Suck This Time

Neuron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Neuron

I'm sure DC understands how iconic Superman/Lois truly is, and (like most "major" changes) we'll move back to that as the status quo eventually, as G-Man suggests.  But I do like the thought of Superman/WW at least seeing if they're compatible, pre-Lois.  If not, then it will have just been one more step back toward status quo.  It's pretty hard for me to believe that Superman/WW would be set up as the new permanent couple.

shadow303030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#100  Edited By shadow303030
    @comicdude23 said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    Worst. Idea. Ever.
    @TheGoldenOne said:

Ditto Fade

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.