Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

My Reaction After Watching Supergirl (Round 2)

• 63 results
    Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Jogga

It's alright for what I've seen.

Any person that has watched the show should have expected the cheesy-ness.

Smallville had melodrama. Lego Justice League had Vanilla. Snyder-verse had constipation. JLU had inconsistency. And Supergirl has Cheese to spare.

Still, refreshing to see a Superman that isn't stuck inside his own a$$ like Snyder-verse Cavil Superman.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anything, despite probably not being intentional, Tyler Hollechin's Superman resembles Kirk Alyn more than Reeve

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: My opninion , despite feminist or sexist or watever you want to say it is , and despite the bad guys look like bad cgi.

I would say it is a ton better than any other Superhero movie out there now.

Weve got Arrow who is another version of Dexter Morgan, Luke Cage dont know is he a superhero? And such. Lucifer was a better superhero series then Arrow and Cage combined, and he's not even a superhero.

But thats just my take on this.

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbbuc: at least dc has been doing well in other departments not live action and is the better of the two in those departments. Got to count for something

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@errorinscript: people have been sleeping on Lucifer this season, last season it was fun yet inconsistent show, now that they have tighten up the story line and Tom Ellis continues to deliver a great perfromance, this show is turning from being an alright fun show to a very good fun and consistent show.

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@light1150: Yeah I like it too, gonna wait till season 2 finishes and then watch the whole thing in one go. Hope they have more powers.. I mean hes Lucifer. But dont spoil it.

Kryptonian24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know why people are up in arms about this. A cornball Supes works perfectly in the cheesy world of Supergirl. To be honest, who cares, anyway? This isn't even his show. He's not even a supporting character. He's a recurring guest star. DCEU Superman is the star of the movie universe whether people like him or not, so they might as well stop with the comparisons and complaints. There's nothing they can do about it...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Don't know why people are up in arms about this. A cornball Supes works perfectly in the cheesy world of Supergirl. To be honest, who cares, anyway? This isn't even his show. He's not even a supporting character. He's a recurring guest star.

DCEU Superman is the star of the movie universe whether people like him or not, so they might as well stop with the comparisons and complaints. There's nothing they can do about it...

A)Not up in arms, just felt like commenting on it but I don't plan on following the show or at the very least not shit on it every chance I get. It's not for me but it doesn't have to be. I have to do something to keep my post count up in the Superman sections since I'm not reading REbirth

B)Heh, no that's Batman. It couldn't have been any clearer if Batman teabagged Superman after beating him.

Kryptonian24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Oh, this wasn't a jab at you, friend. This was meant for those who keep blindly praising the CW Superman for no greater reason than him being a carbon copy of Chris Reeve or a "breath of fresh air" from the DCEU Superman. Speaking of whom,

The theatrical cut makes it clear that WB wanted more Batman, but the Ultimate Cut, AKA, the REAL movie, makes it clear that it's more about Superman than Batman. Batman was just a guy overly obsessed with Superman and spent the two most important fights ever running, yelling, hiding, and standing idly by while the real hero (Superman) gave it his all. Suicide Squad was only founded in the film of the same name BECAUSE of Superman. Batman winning a meaningless fight against Superman has no bearing whatsoever. He's still the weakest, most ineffective and useless hero in the DCEU. That was made pretty clear...

Revive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if you enjoyed the cheesy tone of the show before and the Christopher Reeve's movies, you're in luck!

The Richard Donner Superman movies were loved by all during their time. My father still loves those movies to this day, and he is in his late 70s. Implying that Superman was just for kids, and Zack Snyder's is not, is asinine. Especially when you consider that the only reason that WB decided to make a action heavy Superman movie was to attract teenage boys. By looking at Snyder's fanbase, it looks like he succeeded.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SaintWildcard

@revive said:

if you enjoyed the cheesy tone of the show before and the Christopher Reeve's movies, you're in luck!

The Richard Donner Superman movies were loved by all during their time. My father still loves those movies to this day, and he is in his late 70s. Implying that Superman was just for kids, and Zack Snyder's is not, is asinine. Especially when you consider that the only reason that WB decided to make a action heavy Superman movie was to attract teenage boys. By looking at Snyder's fanbase, it looks like he succeeded.

I mean.... if you wanna get into a debate about which was the deeper movie with a more epic finale, I'm more than willing. But you're taking a comedic review about the show way too seriously.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SaintWildcard

@kryptonian24 said:

@saintwildcard: Oh, this wasn't a jab at you, friend. This was meant for those who keep blindly praising the CW Superman for no greater reason than him being a carbon copy of Chris Reeve or a "breath of fresh air" from the DCEU Superman. Speaking of whom,

The theatrical cut makes it clear that WB wanted more Batman, but the Ultimate Cut, AKA, the REAL movie, makes it clear that it's more about Superman than Batman. Batman was just a guy overly obsessed with Superman and spent the two most important fights ever running, yelling, hiding, and standing idly by while the real hero (Superman) gave it his all. Suicide Squad was only founded in the film of the same name BECAUSE of Superman. Batman winning a meaningless fight against Superman has no bearing whatsoever. He's still the weakest, most ineffective and useless hero in the DCEU. That was made pretty clear...

More does not equal better. The addition of the Clark Kent investigation only made it schizophrenic than it already was. Plus how everyone of his plotlines was handled was still shit. From the "Him VS The World" to his relationship with Lois and the build up to his fight with Batman (which by the way, the movie had to force him to fight in the most unimaginative way). Plus his character performed character regression as opposed to progression. The guy who tackled Zod for hitting his mother and destroyed that dudes truck for being a dick was turned into a major pussy. I'm tired of rehashing my points from previous debates with other people, so just go see these threads to see why this movie hurt me.

Saint Reboots- Batman V Superman

Why I'm Not Hyped For Justice League

Screen time is the real measure of what's important (Actions speak louder than words), and Batman got some while Superman got none in SS. And if you wanna get really critical, Amanda Waller forming a team with a girl with a bat, a guy with some boomerangs and a guy who can shoot well to take down a Superman level threat was beyond idiotic (I enjoyed the movie but come on). Plus arguably Batman is creating the JL which is much bigger than what SS did. It's putting him front and center of their biggest team. I would have been fine with it had Superman been treated right in BvS and went out like an icon, but instead he went out like a bitch.

This video Sums up how I saw Superman being treated in BvS

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have loved If today's episode ended with Superman burning the Kryptonite and saying: "Finally, they haven't got a chance to stop me, HAHAHAHA!"

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I nearly died from a severe Lactose Intolerance attack

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: I still dont see the problem.

Supergirl now is far superior to other tv series now.

I dont see why you think so..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.