Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

My HATE for Superman

• 77 results
    Avatar image for carnivalofsins00
    carnivalofsins00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By carnivalofsins00
    @ValendianKnight:  lol. did you read All Star Superman? I think its something everyone should read. I LOVED IT!
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Primmaster64
    @carnivalofsins00: Did you read earth one dude?
    batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By batman_is_god
    @carnivalofsins00:
    I used to hate him, and while he is still not my absolute favorite, I have come to see he's a good character.
    carnivalofsins00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By carnivalofsins00
    @batman_is_god: i think Batman will forever own Superman, and as a matter of fact, just about anyone, but Superman has grown on me obviously. lol.
    batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By batman_is_god
    @carnivalofsins00:
    Exactly.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Superman/Brainiac is awesome. 

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Primmaster64

Well for me Supes totally owns bats...lol but to each's own

carnivalofsins00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By carnivalofsins00
    @Primmaster64: i can understand now, but if it was me before theres no way i could take someone saying that. lol.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Primmaster64
    @carnivalofsins00: :)
    IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By IrishX
    @fallenangel5991 said:
    "Why would anyone hate Superman? "

Why would anyone hate any fictional character? I can understand not caring for one but to actually hate a character..... 

I'm not going to argue whether or not Superman is over-powered (Don't know why anyone would... he is Superman after all... he's suppose to be powerful) but me personally I don't care for many characters who are very powerful at all. I tend to like more "street-level" characters.

The main reason I'm not a fan of Superman though is simply that I find his look unappealing. It's like getting with a girl or guy... you have to atleast be somewhat attracted to them before even attempting a relationship.
    Butchdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By Butchdog

i love how so many of the people that call superman overpowered are some of the same that love goku. when i think overpowered his the first one that pops into my head yet you never hear them say anything bad about him

OmegaRed86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By OmegaRed86
    @Butchdog said:
    "i love how so many of the people that call superman overpowered are some of the same that love goku. when i think overpowered his the first one that pops into my head yet you never hear them say anything bad about him "

....Ok.
    MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MKF30

I love how these superman haters call him overpowered and such yet love Marvel characters like SS or Galactus...the hypocricy there is amusing yet sad at the same time... 

I can't see how any "true" comicbook fan can HATE Superman....even if you don't like him, at least respect him if not for Supes you wouldn't have your favorite comicbook characters since he inspired all of them...

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By Theodore

He's the man!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#65  Edited By Lvenger

He is the best in my opinion. To each their own I suppose but if it wasn't for Superman, none of the other darker and more 'realistic' heroes would have come into existence. He was the original, the first official superhero. If it wasn't for him, the comic book universe we know today would be different or may not exist at all

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Hellos

@MKF30
    said:
    "

I love how these superman haters call him overpowered and such yet love Marvel characters like SS or Galactus...the hypocricy there is amusing yet sad at the same time... 

I can't see how any "true" comicbook fan can HATE Superman....even if you don't like him, at least respect him if not for Supes you wouldn't have your favorite comicbook characters since he inspired all of them...

"

Galactus is an abstract, hes supposed to be over-powered.  Norrin certainly is, but again he's that abstracts herald supposedly built to defend himself from entire world's military is need be. 
    DC certainly doesn't have those on short supply regardless, you've got an entire 5th dimension of imps that can make the DCU go into chaos. 

There are a lot of characters out there with absolutely nothing involving inspiration from Superman.  
    Like characters that get their inspiration directly from myth, which one can argue is where Superman was inspired, the hero that man kind has been talking about for over 4000 thousand years. 

I'm not saying Superman shouldn't be respected, because he's an iconic character that is the image people think of when they thing "Super Hero", not that he hasn't been the direct inspiration for a lot of characters, but to say all of them seems plain incorrect.

@Lvenger said:

"He is the best in my opinion. To each their own I suppose but if it wasn't for Superman, none of the other darker and more 'realistic' heroes would have come into existence. He was the original, the first official superhero.  If it wasn't for him, the comic book universe we know today would be different or may not exist at all "

Hugo Hercules 1902.  Then you have Hugo Danner  1933(?). 
    Hell if you go into ancient myth your going to find a lot of characters that are arguably super heroes.  
    Like everyone's favorite guy with the strength of 10 men, whose ten labors are a story told many a time, and who at one point even holds the sky, Hercules!  

Now I won't claim he's one of the first, but he's certainly one of the first at the very least that took the role of a super hero demigod that killed monsters that plagued man and went to the under world itself to save the day. 
    His legends have lived for thousands of years, so he's beating Superman in age at the very least. 

I think comics would still end up being around, people have been drawing pictures since the time we lived in caves, eventually someone would have capatilzed on the icon of the Super Hero. 
    But I do agree the comic book world could have been an entirely different thing all together.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MKF30

Yeah but just saying no Marvel fan should ever bitch about Superman since one, the name implies "power" hence why they call him "SUPER-Man.." and Galactus is powerful but there are also tons of other characters in both DC and Marvel far more powerful then Galactus...even some versions of Superman(the more ridiculous versions)  Hell I'm sure between SA Supes, Golden Supes, Spectre and the 5th dim imps can take out everyone else in DC and Marvel minus Presence and TOAA... 

Superman though his story is unique and far different then any mythological god, I'm sure his "strength" was somewhat inspired by some Gods but aside from that, he's in a league of his own and unique.

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68  Edited By -Eclipse-

Superman? BAH!

What can I say? He's past his prime :P
     What can I say? He's past his prime :P
    thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By thegreatfour
    @-Eclipse-: It's your happy face!
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @thegreatfour: Just spreading the good word of Invincible around the Vine :D 

GET IM, BOYS!
     GET IM, BOYS!
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Primmaster64
    @-Eclipse-: That would never happend. =)
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @Primmaster64: It would if Mark had kryptonite! HA! :D
    Sharliecash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Sharliecash

i've read a few superman comics or ones he's in and for me ironically he's been the most boring character in the majority of them because he's over powered powered and too perfect. while i know people will flamebait this, i prefer characters like spiderman, because he is not more powerful than most of his enemies and not always stronger. i also like how he's not perfect, he succeeds at his super human life at the cost of those he care's about, he always has self doubt and fear of letting people down if he doesn't do anything that he hides behind a mask of jokes and quips, that's only a brief summary 

also people think the sentry is a superman knockoff,  if anything he's a scarlet witch knockoff or at least proves a cycle that some one will appear with limitless power they will lose control and then destroy 

ps. i don't like how he is disguised by his glasses 

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Primmaster64
    @-Eclipse-: ...damn it! XD
    MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By MKF30

Invicible is ok...but Supes is the man! 

@Sharliecash, Sentry IS a Superman biteoff...wears an S, has similar uniform/costume, powers and is just Blond...even most DC and Marvel creators admit Sentry was inspired GREATLY by Superman...

ReverseThawne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LeaderVladimir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 1

I'm aware of how clickbait this sounds: "I hate Superman", says comic book nerd.

In all honesty, though, welcome to the Superman fanclub!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.