Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Kingdom Come, Red Son, and Injustice Walk into a Bar

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mysticmedivh
    Kingdom Come Superman, Red Son Superman, Injustice Superman
    Kingdom Come Superman, Red Son Superman, Injustice Superman

The Scenario

Kingdom Come Superman, Red Son Superman, and Injustice Superman walk into a bar. The three have basic info/knowledge on each other. They take a seat, order drinks, and begin to talk. The more they talk the more they get to know about each other.

How do they interact? What will they think of each other? What do you think they might say or feel? Will some of the Supermen get along better with each other than other Supermen? Will Kingdom Come Superman get pissed off Injustice Superman after learning about what he's done? Or will Red Son Superman agree that the world needs a Superman to rule them all? You get the point.

I want to hear how you think this scenario will play out.

No Caption Provided

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WF_Mxyzptlk

@mysticmedivh

At which point in their careers? It matters.

By the end Red Son Superman decided that Earth was better without Superman micromanaging it, and Kingdom Come Superman came to a similar conclusion.

Injusticeman became progressively more unhinged and irrational as his career continued, so the common ground he finds with the essentially reasonable RS and KC Supermen will shrink.

Prime is underage so is probably not allowed at the bar. He'll probably end up killing the other supermen in a fit of adolescent rage and machismo though.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wf_mxyzptlk: Whichever ones you want to use.

I forgot add that this can't break out into a fight. A verbal fight? Sure. But no actual full-on fighting.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Prime kills them to death.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime kills them.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh

Prime is underage so is probably not allowed at the bar. He'll probably end up killing the other supermen in a fit of adolescent rage and machismo though.

Was gonna say this :P Prime will throw a hissy fit on not being able to enter.

ryubh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is not gonna end well

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By CitizenSentry

Kingdom Come gives all the other Supermen a stern talking to.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime gets pissed off by their ideological speeches and nukes the bar.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By tensor

Take out Superboy Prime he should not be in the battle.He clearly could take out all 3.

Darth_Wayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Prime kills them to death.

Yes, he *kills* them to death.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mysticmedivh
    Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: At what point in his story is Red Sun Superman? If it's the end he and Kingdom Come Superman will probably have a calm philosophical exchange while chastising Injustice Superman. Kingdom Come Clark bringing up that his Lois died too as a significant counterpoint.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mysticmedivh: I could see Red Son Superman an Injustice Superman getting along. KC Superman might not see there views the same ways an it might end in a fight. The fight could be started by Injustice Superman since his mind set is the worst of all.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

KC Supes would have a nice long chat with Injustice Clark about his pain and what he's gone through. How they both lost Lois and how the dealt with it. Possibly leading to KC Supes convincing Injustice Supes that what he's doing isn't right. Red Son Superman would probably just give his opinion and chime in now and again and most likely explain to Injustice Clark that control isn't good which he found out the hard way. Especially control through fear.

Then the 3 leave the bar as Red Son Batman, Injustice Batman and KC Batman walk in and glare at each other for hours.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

interesting

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind seeing KC Superman being able to smack around Prime.

Older/Wiser meets Younger/Brasher

Unfortunately, Prime should be strong enough to kill KC Superman with heat vision alone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e497e3f11e30
    deactivated-5e497e3f11e30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace said:

Unfortunately, Prime should be strong enough to kill KC Superman with heat vision alone.

Prime has been taken out. OP said this is not a battle more like a conversation and how it will play out. But Prime should be able to kill KC superman.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vegetassgss said:
    @wf_mxyzptlk said:
    @ecstaticgrace said:

Prime has been taken out. OP said this is not a battle more like a conversation and how it will play out. But Prime should be able to kill KC superman.

This might sound like downplaying but it's in the comic regardless so it did happen on multiple occasions, but if characters like J'onn, Superboy (Kon), Superman, and Bart can all hurt Prime physically I see no reason why KC Superman wouldn't be able to smack Prime around who is physically stronger then all of those characters. KC Superman is also more durable then anyone Prime has hurt with HV as far as I'm aware so I don't get what's with saying he can kill him with HV.

KC Superman got stalemated by 90s Superboy and Pre-Flashpoint Superman in Convergence.

He isn't that good.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wf_mxyzptlk said:
    @ecstaticgrace said:
    @vegetassgss said:
    @wf_mxyzptlk said:
    @ecstaticgrace said:

This might sound like downplaying but it's in the comic regardless so it did happen on multiple occasions, but if characters like J'onn, Superboy (Kon), Superman, and Bart can all hurt Prime physically I see no reason why KC Superman wouldn't be able to smack Prime around who is physically stronger then all of those characters. KC Superman is also more durable then anyone Prime has hurt with HV as far as I'm aware so I don't get what's with saying he can kill him with HV.

KC Superman got stalemated by 90s Superboy and Pre-Flashpoint Superman in Convergence.

He isn't that good.

Same logic with Prime being beat up by Kon-El...

Hardly beat up. Kon-El had some kind of plotforce against prime, but prime still killed him.

KC Superman didn't do well throughput the entirety of convergence, and his feats in KC itself were nothing special. His only impressive stuff was from Thy Kingdom Come, but that story alone can't make you ignore everything else.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WF_Mxyzptlk

BESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswyBESbswy

@wf_mxyzptlk said:
    @ecstaticgrace said:
    @wf_mxyzptlk said:
    @ecstaticgrace said:
    @vegetassgss said:
    @wf_mxyzptlk said:
    @ecstaticgrace said:

He isn't that good.

Same logic with Prime being beat up by Kon-El...

Hardly beat up. Kon-El had some kind of plotforce against prime, but prime still killed him.

KC Superman didn't do well throughout the entirety of convergence, and his feats in KC itself were nothing special. His only impressive stuff was from Thy Kingdom Come, but that story alone can't make you ignore everything else.

By logic if KC Superman is above the main Earth versions I don't see why the characters he fought wouldn't be either. Outside of KC he's been shown to be a team wreckers. I'm not looking at anything alone to come to an inclusion that KC Superman is superior to the main versions feats and fights show that themselves. Whereas point stands Prime hasn't fatally harmed anyone as durable as KC Superman with HV so the comment about KC SUPERMAN being killed like that is absurd. Physically wise Prime has shown capable of being hurt by several powerhouses regardless Prime is also a team wrecker nonetheless. Not suggesting Prime can't kill KC Superman but some stuff is a bit much in consideration to Prime.

I haven't read Convergence Superboy yet but...

KC Superman one-shots Superboy:

http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/23222620_Convergence_-_Superboy_2015_002-019.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/23222621_Convergence_-_Superboy_2015_002-020.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/23222623_Convergence_-_Superboy_2015_002-021.jpg

"Power enough to move a planet is packed into one punch."

Read the context. Superboy literally agreed to stand there and take the punch in order to throw the match.

He had stalemated KC Superman until he was convinced it would be better if he forfeited.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WF_Mxyzptlk

@ecstaticgrace said:

@wf_mxyzptlk: Your going to have to show me where 90's Superboy is stalemating KC Superman in scan form.

Regardless though I prefer consistency and more often then not KC Superman is at a higher level then Main Earth Superman.

Yeah, I'm not going to hunt down all the scans.

Have a panel though.

No Caption Provided

Lets put it this way. If KC Superman could have beaten Superboy quickly, he wouldn't have had to make him agree to lose on purpose.

What consistency?

Lets examine the appearances.

Kingdom Come: KC Superman shows nothing special for a superman aside from kryptonite resistance. If anything, all he showed was that he's not as fast as regular superman.

JLA Crossover: By far his best showing. Is depicted as extremely fast, and much stronger than regular superman.

Convergence: At best an equal to regular Superman. Gets stalemated twice, was losing against main Earth Superman.

Do you see consistency here?

Red Son Superman, who is older than KC Superman, is the real deal as far as strength goes. Much stronger than either KC Superman or Regular Superman, incredibly fast. He's the only one here who could give Prime pause.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By WF_Mxyzptlk

@wf_mxyzptlk said:
    @ecstaticgrace said:

@wf_mxyzptlk: Your going to have to show me where 90's Superboy is stalemating KC Superman in scan form.

Regardless though I prefer consistency and more often then not KC Superman is at a higher level then Main Earth Superman.

Yeah, I'm not going to hunt down all the scans.

Have a panel though.

No Caption Provided

Lets put it this way. If KC Superman could have beaten Superboy quickly, he wouldn't have had to make him agree to lose on purpose.

What consistency?

Lets examine the appearances.

Kingdom Come: KC Superman shows nothing special for a superman aside from kryptonite resistance. If anything, all he showed was that he's not as fast as regular superman.

JLA Crossover: By far his best showing. Is depicted as extremely fast, and much stronger than regular superman.

Convergence: At best an equal to regular Superman. Gets stalemated twice, was losing against main Earth Superman.

Do you see consistency here?

Red Son Superman, who is older than KC Superman, is the real deal as far as strength goes. Much stronger than either KC Superman or Regular Superman, incredibly fast. He's the only one here who could give Prime pause.

Nothing with the panel you provided suggest 90s Superboy could stalemate Superman. He even says it has nothing to do with whose tougher I'm assuming he has no will to harm Superboy but tries to talk to him and settle him down reason why he talks him into agreeing. Superboy missing a punch doesn't equate to being on par with KC Superman.

Your forgetting Superman's JSA appearance where he practically overpowered the JSA without really wanting to harm them.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I feel like by feats Nth metal is more durable then Main Earth's Superman's skin so being able to destroy it with HV is a wow.

There's also the physical difference when Hercules hit Main Earth Superman and sent him flying with a busted nose. Yet Hercules couldn't even more or phase KC Superman with a punch who just stood there looking at him.

No Caption Provided

No, I'm not forgetting his JSA appearance. JLA was a typo.

Thats his one an only appearance that makes him seem like something special. The other two(or three if you count his brief fight with superman in convergence), no.

As for the Superboy scans, I can only suggest you read the book. The two fight for pages and pages, neither gets an advantage, KC Superman gets Superboy to agree to lose.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Kingdom Come Superman heat-visions the booze

Red Son Superman gets mad over lost vodka

Meanwhile Injustice Superman goes outside and imposes his will upon the people

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wf_mxyzptlk: Finally looked into it Superboy was amped and even then willing or not was downed by KC Superman in one punch.

What do you mean willing or not? That was the whole point. If two humans are fighting, and one agrees to take a totally unguarded full strength punch to the face, the fight will end immediately there too, even if they are equals.

X-Lord16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

KC>Injustice>>Red Son

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.