Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

is zod better then superman

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By HolySerpent

i was wondering shouldn't zod be superior to superman since hes a well trained solider making him a better fighter , lead a kryptonian army making him better strategist , grew up on krypton making him smarter and well knowledgeable on advance technology. 

i know superman is stronger having grew up on earth , being bath in sun his whole live, but shouldn't  zod superior tataical and combat skills should come in to play.
    superman was trained by wonderwoman and batman, giving him some basic fighting style but could that compared to zod being a military leader  of advance race.

Avatar image for seigneur_joseph_cotillard
    Seigneur Joseph Cotillard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think this may have been addressed in the issues where Superman left Earth and briefly joined Zod.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HolySerpent

new krypton was such a garbage arch

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By azza04

It had its moments. But overall yeah it was bad. 

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By danhimself

Superman's been trained by the best fighters on Earth along with Kryptonian martial arts

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By PowerHerc

Being a soldier doesn't automatically make someone a skilled fighter.  It just means that person has had some training. 

Zod may or may not be a better fighter than Superman, but being a military general (who rarely ever see any action on the field of battle and may have no practical/personal combat experience) doesn't prove he is.

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By katanalauncher

- Superman have Willpower that rivals Batman and Hal Jordan

- His body have been absorbing yellow sunlight since he was an infant, not to mention he's more experienced with his power since he had it for so long
    -  He's been trained by DC's best fighters, and having super speed and intellect for his whole life means he accumulated alot more knowledge than any other kyotonian. 
    HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HolySerpent
    @PowerHerc said:
    "

Being a soldier doesn't automatically make someone a skilled fighter.  It just means that person has had some training. 

Zod may or may not be a better fighter than Superman, but being a military general (who rarely ever see any action on the field of battle and may have no practical/personal combat experience) doesn't prove he is.

"
    i would think being a military general, you usually have rise through the ranks 
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PowerHerc

@HolySerpent:
    In the military, as is the case in many other areas, rising through the ranks is often a product of connectivity (who one knows and is favored by), while what one knows (or in this case; what one can do) is secondary at best and irrelevant at worst.  Zod being a general only means he achieved the rank (and we don't know the how or why of that). 

His rank doesn't denote any proficiency at hand-to-hand combat.  In fact, his rank would tend to lead one to believe any training or skills he might have or had are now probably diminished from lack of use or continued training. 

You see, when people become generals they almost never engage in anymore physical combat nor do they continue any further physical training for combat.  Generals use their brains for strategy, tactics and politics. 

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HolySerpent
    @PowerHerc said:
    "

@HolySerpent:
    In the military, as is the case in many other areas, rising through the ranks is often a product of connectivity (who one knows and is favored by), while what one knows (or in this case; what one can do) is secondary at best and irrelevant at worst.  Zod being a general only means he achieved the rank (and we don't know the how or why of that). 

His rank doesn't denote any proficiency on hand-to-hand combat.  In fact, his rank would tend to lead one to believe any training or skills he might have had are now probably diminished from lack of use or continued training. 

You see, when people become generals they almost never engage in anymore physical combat or continue any further physical training for combat.  Generals use their brains for strategy, tactics and politics. 

"
    thanx for the explanation
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PowerHerc
    @HolySerpent:
    You're welcome. :)
    Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Billy Batson

yeah Superman is better

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Kallarkz
    @PowerHerc said:
    "

@HolySerpent:

His rank doesn't denote any proficiency on hand-to-hand combat.  In fact, his rank would tend to lead one to believe any training or skills he might have had are now probably diminished from lack of use or continued training. 

You see, when people become generals they almost never engage in anymore physical combat or continue any further physical training for combat.  Generals use their brains for strategy, tactics and politics. 

"
    great answer

As far as being a military tactician Zod does exceed Kal-El....but his tantrums often lead him to make very rash decision that have proven to be fatal for his armies.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PowerHerc
    @Kallarkz:

Thanks, and yes; I agree that Zod's knowledge of military strategy and tactics is greater than Superman's.
    GIBBSINATOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod was the better martial artist, superman was still young and a beginner, now I'd say superman I saw the better fighter but back then zod was more experienced and a better fighter but superman over powered zod by 3 times over

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I would personally make him not only a better fighter, but a better strategist. He's basically be a Kryptonian Captain America

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would personally make him not only a better fighter, but a better strategist. He's basically be a Kryptonian Captain America

I actually like this idea. Zod is essentially the greatest military mind on Krypton so it follows that he would extremely capable as both a tactician and combatant. The only advantage Superman should have is his experience with using his powers.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:

I actually like this idea. Zod is essentially the greatest military mind on Krypton so it follows that he would extremely capable as both a tactician and combatant. The only advantage Superman should have is his experience with using his powers.

Pretty much. I see Zod being one of the best battle strategists on the level of being like Ares or Batman (well, way more than Batman, but those Batfans wouldn't want that). Him and Jor-El both excelled in their fields for the betterment of Krypton.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel said:
    @saintwildcard said:

Pretty much. I see Zod being one of the best battle strategists on the level of being like Ares or Batman (well, way more than Batman, but those Batfans wouldn't want that). Him and Jor-El both excelled in their fields for the betterment of Krypton.

Yeah, it always surprises me that Superman's scientific mind is rarely used as a part of his character. Surely it should be important that his father was the foremost scientist on Krypton. Zod being such a high level tactician should be there since he led the planet's war Guild for how long before it was destroyed.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:
    @soldierofel said:
    @saintwildcard said:

Yeah, it always surprises me that Superman's scientific mind is rarely used as a part of his character. Surely it should be important that his father was the foremost scientist on Krypton. Zod being such a high level tactician should be there since he led the planet's war Guild for how long before it was destroyed.

I've always been on the fence with Super Intelligence. I don't think he should ever reach the heights of his Father or to a level where he outsmarts Lex Luthor like nothing, but I do think he should be intelligent.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better facial hair maybe.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.