Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Has Superman Ever NOT Been Able to Lift Something?

• 78 results
    SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can Superman make a mountain so heavy he can not lift it?

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: chill brother lol calling everyone a fanboy gets pretty old, especially when if you looked for 2 minutes you'd see I hate superman. To me he lifted infinite weight and I chalk it up to comicbook logic. Learn to not get so rattled about basically anonymous opinions about fictional things lol

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@buttersdaman000: Hmm that is a fair counter part, hard to deny that the machine Superman was benching was meant to replicate the weight of the Earth. Same with a black hole I guess even if it is on an even more impossible scale by breaking the laws of physics standards.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

@dum529001: chill brother lol calling everyone a fanboy gets pretty old, especially when if you looked for 2 minutes you'd see I hate superman. To me he lifted infinite weight and I chalk it up to comicbook logic. Learn to not get so rattled about basically anonymous opinions about fictional things lol

Its not old. You know why? Its Comic Vine, that's why. This place is full of fanboys. There is nothing wrong with acknowledging that fact.

I rarely even call people fanboys so I don't know why you are complaining as though that's all I ever say.

gokuisking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imperfect_cell: I realise that your comment is old, I would just like to point out that while your logic is sound it does not apply to comic books. Everything in comics is illogical therefore trying to apply logic is Folly for example if we were to think about superman and his powers LOGICALLY this means that we must dismiss all his powers because LOGICALLY powers like heat vision are not real.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

mjolnir

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@midnightdragon18: Spectre is made up of eternity, eternity is a measure of time, time is weightless. Spectre does not weigh infinity.

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@midnightdragon18: Spectre is made up of eternity which is mad eup of time, time is weightless, Spectre does not weigh infinity

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yo mama is so fat, superman can't even lift it.

j/k

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
    midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulksmash134: did you really just tag me after i didn't reply for a month, just to repeat the same thing ?

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@midnightdragon18: Soz I think that was an accident, believe what u want but superman is not infinitely strong

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
    midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: Nope, eternity is a measure of time

GXrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the World of New Krypton story, Superman and and his fellow kryptonians were unable to move one Saturn's moon

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By buttersdaman000

In the World of New Krypton story, Superman and and his fellow kryptonians were unable to move one Saturn's moon

No Caption Provided

Moon was moving at relativistic speeds

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been YEARS and people are still upset about Superman vs Goku? My God. Death Battle must be immensely popular to have garnered this much hate.

Anyway, the whole "Superman is limitless" thing was a discussion of what the characters represented. Superman is the goal we aspire to reach and Goku is the man who will reach any goal. That is the fundamental theme of each character, and that is what they were talking about. Plus it kind of felt like they were just fed up with being bombarded with a million requests for a rematch every day. The rematch video wasn't even a rematch. It was a "Shut up and leave us alone, we already made the decision" video.

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By toptom

@gxrevolution said:

No Caption Provided

When people use this example they usually ignore ALL the context behind it. That moon was surrounded by a relativistic bubble which could bend the space around the moon in order to move it at relativistic speeds. So they weren't just pushing a moon which was moving extremely fast, but they were trying to do it even against the kryptonian tech that was actively moving it.

Plus you should realize that even a simple bullet moving near the speed of light should have a near infinite mass so try to think for a moment that this moon had a near infinite momentum ( if not an infinite one) behind it.

ImperiexSeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stardustcrusader: No, this makes sense. Humanoid Kryptonians are very powerful under a yellow sun, imagine what a Kryptonian dragon would be capable of. Just saying.

Foneybone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom: Are the Kryptonians also weakened during this story or at least in that scan? I assume they are since they're wearing breathing masks.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foneybone1: nope they weren't weakened but they weren't really failing to move that moon ,they were failing to constrast that kryptonian tech that could move planets at relativistic speeds. They were using those masks in order to talk probably :/

Foneybone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom: I should probably just read the story so I don't have to keep asking you questions but in the last panel the girl says the moon slowed, did they do that or did the device moving it cause it to slow?

Kryptonian24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Kryptonian24

Yeah. Thor's hammer the second time around...

ShadowJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Fanboys thinking their assumptions and opinions can "debunk" that Superman lifted Infinite Pages

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He needed Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter to move the earth and I believe Hal Jordan in another occasion.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He was unable to escape the grip of a Kryptonian Dragon. Weirdly enough, he did this in the same issue where he benched the weight of the world for a few days.

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15 said:

He was unable to escape the grip of a Kryptonian Dragon. Weirdly enough, he did this in the same issue where he benched the weight of the world for a few days.

terrestrial dragon > normal human

Kryptonian dragon > Kryptonian human

nothing strange here.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.