Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18936 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Greatest New 52 Superman Feats

Avatar image for lucifer_morningstar1
    Lucifer_Morningstar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Since i havnt been updated with superman, ive fallen behind; so can everyone post new 52 supermans greatest feats up to date? It can be speed, strength, durability, heat vision, intellect etc etc....and also name the issue number.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since i havnt been updated with superman, ive fallen behind; so can everyone post new 52 supermans greatest feats up to date? It can be speed, strength, durability, heat vision, intellect etc etc....and also name the issue number.

You'll find what you're looking for in the Superman appreciation thread - here

Avatar image for lucifer_morningstar1
    Lucifer_Morningstar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: Link doesnt work......if you're talking about the respect thread, the superman respect thread is filled with every feat, anyone could get lost in the swarm of regular feats, i wanted high end feats.

War_Ruin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By War_Ruin

I've got some feats....

Superman pushes Warworld easily.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Superman's pushes are powerful enough to shake an entire planet, despite not hitting the Earth itself. (Note that the punches "can be felt from the very center of the earth to the farthest edges of the atmosphere." Keep in mind that Superman didn't go at light speed. He really did shake an entire planet with just his barehands.)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Superman and Martian Manhunter pushes brainiac's mothership that's much bigger than our planet. Impressive because Superman isn't in his sundip state, and that he's actually pushing 50% of it, not pulling it.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Superman survives going inside a black hole.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

After losing doomsday's powers completely, Superman flies from endless space back to our solar system for 60 days straight without any sunlight.

No Caption Provided

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman <3

Avatar image for josteinfleurme65
    Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ridiculously awesome!!!

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_ruin: He flew from the edge of the universe.

War_Ruin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga: Which makes the speed feat even much more absurd.

Btw, the black hole feat is much more impressive than that. Superman did drag brainiac to the multiverse, which could also mean Superman did survive getting thrown across the universe or maybe survived getting thrown across the multiverse.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_ruin said:

Btw, the black hole feat is much more impressive than that. Superman did drag brainiac to the multiverse, which could also mean Superman did survive getting thrown across the universe or maybe survived getting thrown across the multiverse.

He just dragged him into the black hole, it was Braniac prime(?) that transported him there.

War_Ruin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga said:
    @war_ruin said:

He just dragged him into the black hole, it was Braniac prime(?) that transported him there.

In convergence, Brainiac God did say that the avatar of Brainiac still took him there. I would say that Superman still manages to like survive getting thrown across the universe or the multiverse considering that Brainiac was thrown to a separate universe and Superman did drag him inside a black hole.

King_of_all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn noice.

King_of_all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_ruin:

Superman's speed is faster than instant.

War_Ruin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By War_Ruin

@war_ruin:

Superman's speed is faster than instant.

Don't forget the fact that Superman did travel from the edge of the universe back to earth.

Also, he's survived getting thrown across the universe or multiverse since he went with an avatar of brainiac in a black hole.

King_of_all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_ruin:

I did a speed on calc on Superman's feat travelling back from the universe and it turned out he was travelling 300000000000 times faster than light lel.

Really? Can you send me a scan bro?

bakera8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

In Superman #13 He lifted the mass of the earth (6 sextillion tons) for 5 days.

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
    MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bakera8: He lifts weight equal to that of Earth. :P

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_of_all: I helped with the final calculation! :D

Another user and I had discussed the feat previously in the New-52 Capability Thread a couple of months ago.

King_of_all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercinwithamouth: Nice. New 52 Superman is actually pretty strong, i want to see him interact and possibly even brawl with the Post Crisis Superman since Post Crisis Superman is currently in the new 52 universe.

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MercinWithAMouth

@king_of_all: True, he is. I'm hoping to see him do some intense stuff in his Darkseid War issue. Evidence suggests we may get a crazy feat. Here's the synopsis:

"Evolving into a God of Strength, Superman has become an angry, violent brute. But what unlikely hero can save him?"

King_of_all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercinwithamouth: You're talking about Dark Superman right? I can't wait to see how strong that Superman is.

bakera8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By bakera8

@mercinwithamouth: Yeah, kind of a lot huh? Just image what he could life all at one time? He lifted the earth for 5 days. How much can a normal person lift for 5 days. If he was trying he could have lifted 100x more. This superman is to powerful.

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bakera8: Yeah, that's very interesting in my opinion. I'm really curious what he'd struggle to bench for 12 reps or so based on that feat. It'd have to be absolutely insane.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The new 52 superman punching H'el could be felt even out in space :) Is a bit ridiculous. If you all read the comic the fortress of solitude is very dense even the Flash has problems phasing. I can only imagine how much of the force was cushioned by the fortress of solitude :) . Its a heck of a feat. These characters fight at super speeds with this much force . Hell yeah

DarkseidThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, any new impressive feats for new 52/rebirth supes?

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Recently Ran on the cosmic Thread mill.

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercinwithamouth: I've done calculations too, but I assumed that each rep took 2 seconds (1 second to push up and another to come back down), the formula for 1 REP MAX is 0.0333MN+M where M is the mass being lifted and N is the number of reps:

Mass of the Earth is 5.97237×1024 kg, and dividing 5 days by 2 seconds gets you 216,000.

0.0333(5.97237×1024 kg)(216,000)+(5.97237×1024 kg) = 4.29640353×1028 kg; 7,193.8 times mass of the Earth and 22.634093 times the mass of Jupiter.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.