Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Al Gough and Millar leaving Smallville

Knightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Knightwing

Don't lock this thread pleeeease!

O.K so supposedly everyones heard about the executive producer's Al and Miles leaving and they will be replaced by long time writers of the show, 3 of them I believe will replace them. Although they never clearly explained why they left, I may have found the answer:

ction-Figure.com reported last week that inside sources told them that it was due to building tension between the cast and Al Gough, especially from Tom Welling.

Inside sources have been telling me for over a year that tensions between the cast and Al Gough have been high with some claiming Tom Welling had threatened to quit on more than one occasion over his character portrayal. Just moments ago, I had the chance to speak with one of my WB insiders who claims that after several months of talks, execs gave Gough the option to leave on his own terms or be replaced. Apparently, Millar simply followed his leader out the door.

The Superman Homepage received word from a network source who told us that Gough and Millar were not given any such ultimatum. We've been told that, like many of the cast and crew, Miles and Al did not have a contract for season 8. With the CW struggling financially, the studio decided that they would only pick up the show for the new season at an extremely reduced license fee.

The CW are basically looking to do an 8th season show at 1st season prices, but the problem is "Smallville" still needs to pay 8th season contracts on everyone. That is a serious amount of money off the screen. Which is why cast members such as Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum and Allison Mack are not coming back for a full compliment of episodes next season. My sources tell me that these budget cuts were the reason Al and Miles decided to leave. The budget cuts wouldn't allow them to make the kind of show they wanted to make or felt the fans deserved.

Our network source also told us that the only reason Kristin Kreuk is returning for seven episodes in Season 8 is because the studio allowed her to star in the up-coming "Street Fighter" movie. She really had no interest in returning to "Smallville" next season. Michael Rosenbaum and Allison Mack, who are not contracted for season 8, are yet to make a final decision and are prepared to walk.

We've heard all along that a plan was in place from the beginning on just how the series would end. So what of those plans? We've been told that the season arc finale they HAD planned would have had to be completely reworked without cast members who may not be there next year.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lordraiden

I lost interest in Smallville a few seasons ago! it just got too silly and teeny boppy for me and catered too much to the younger/teenager generation! I was under the assumption that it was gonna end with season seven, but that was over a year ago! obviously that's changed with the popularity of the show still high enough to maintain it going for another season!

Knightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Knightwing

lordraiden says:

"I lost interest in Smallville a few seasons ago! it just got too silly and teeny boppy for me and catered too much to the younger/teenager generation! I was under the assumption that it was gonna end with season seven, but that was over a year ago! obviously that's changed with the popularity of the show still high enough to maintain it going for another season!"

Season 8 was pitched because of the writer's strike which took majority of S7 and the writer's never got a chance to revise their scripts in S7. So the studio pitched a new season which have been confirmed to be the last season of the show. You should check the spoilers for the post strike ep's at Kryptonsite, Clark is finally moving towards his destiny as Superman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.