Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

A DBZ fan's personal congratulation to Superman.

Gold_Kitsune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gold_Kitsune

As many of you will already know, Death Battle has declared Superman to be the winner in the legendary 'Goku VS Superman' question.

Now I am a huge DBZ fan I love it all, from Dragonball to GT and everything in between. There was no dought in my mind that Goku would stomp Superman. Time and time again Goku has started a fight weaker than his opponent and pushed himself higher to beat them.

We DBZ fans realize that Goku gets stronger every time he fights, he can keep pushing his limit higher and higher indefinitely. What we did not realize is that Superman, essentially has no limits.

Therefor based on both my own knowledge and the evidence presented in the video..., I concede. It seems Superman really would beat Goku in a fight! (and Goku probably couldn't be happier to finally have someone stronger than him to train with)

CONGRATULATIONS TO SUPERMAN!

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Squalleon
    No Caption Provided

Bravo for you dude!

I as a fan of both sides i never cared for this debate and never participate to it! But because Fanboyism is an epidemic i like that you take it calmly and accept the result.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By z3ro180

@Gold_Kitsune: This ounds to good to be true....well said sir......well said

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By comicace3

@Gold_Kitsune said:

As many of you will already know, Death Battle has declared Superman to be the winner in the legendary 'Goku VS Superman' question.

Now I am a huge DBZ fan I love it all, from Dragonball to GT and everything in between. There was no dought in my mind that Goku would stomp Superman. Time and time again Goku has started a fight weaker than his opponent and pushed himself higher to beat them.

We DBZ fans realize that Goku gets stronger every time he fights, he can keep pushing his limit higher and higher indefinitely. What we did not realize is that Superman, essentially has no limits.

Therefor based on both my own knowledge and the evidence presented in the video..., I concede. It seems Superman really would beat Goku in a fight! (and Goku probably couldn't be happier to finally have someone stronger than him to train with)

You deserve a medal for that is ULTIMATE SPORTSMANSHIP my friend. Well said.... I could personally imagine goku being resurrected and becoming friends with Superman, training with him all the time.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By JakeN7

Screw it. I'm still pissed lol. When they were breaking Superman down, my jaw dropped. What a ridiculous character...

"Superman can bench press googolplex tons herp derp."

I laughed so hard.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SandMan_
    comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By comicace3

@SandMan_: AWWW look at batman all alone. They should've added batman as the ref. And the newspaper should've added batman in saving the universe... Nonetheless good pic.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SandMan_
    @comicace3: They should have added Vegeta as well.
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

wut

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Kal'smahboi

That's very big of you, sir. I honestly had my doubts on what the result would be, but I appreciated their reasoning.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Yung ANcient One
    Yes Congratulations are in order. You guys were right. Good show (+)
    comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By comicace3

@SandMan_: I couldn't agree more. Vegeta and Batman the two moody/ serious people and then we have Goku and Supes the very powerful/ Happy people.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I'm still bitter.  

Joking, Joking, I was on Team Superman from the start, but very mature of you to say this.

Gold_Kitsune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gold_Kitsune

I honestly had no idea Superman was so powerful. I geuss i saw him fight in the city (obviously holding back as not to hurt anyone or anything) and assumed that was his best.

Where as Goku almost always fights in a deserted open area where he can go all out, comparing these two things made it seem like Goku was on a higher level.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Gold_Kitsune said:

I honestly had no idea Superman was so powerful. I geuss i saw him fight in the city (obviously holding back as not to hurt anyone or anything) and assumed that was his best.

Where as Goku almost always fights in a deserted open area where he can go all out, comparing these two things made it seem like Goku was on a higher level.

It depends on your source material too. Superman in most animated forms is extremely nerfed. Even in live action film (when he can fly so fast he goes back in time) Superman isn't as powerful as he is in the comics. Hell, even in comics there is a seemingly infinite amount of different versions of the character. It can be confusing sometimes for anyone who's not hardcore fan.

Gold_Kitsune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gold_Kitsune

@Onemoreposter: Yeah thats part of it, I used to casually watch the animated cartoon growing up, and see all the bad guys knocking him around. Never really got into American comics so I started thinking based off comparing Animated superhero's to manga/anime of DBZ that these characters were top-tier and the strongest there were.

I'd see see like Hulk or Superman fights where cars would be chucked around and thing 'thats nothing, the fist guy they fought can lift a car with 1 hand'

in short I did indeed make assumptions about the fight based off nerfed animated superman, for instance I did not know he had any formal combat or martial arts training.

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Referee

I tip my hat to you

No Caption Provided
    Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Gold_Kitsune: He trained with Batman and we all know Batman can solo entire DBZverse.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CODYSF
    We need more people like you good sportsmanship
    We need more people like you good sportsmanship
    BurningFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BurningFlame

I never really paid much attention to the debate, but I am a fan of both characters. The death battle was great, and the outcome was acceptable. I can't say I expected Goku to win because I'm familiar with Superman and his capabilities. I will say It's rare to come across people such as yourself who know how to concede and display such sportsmanship. For that I commend you. You showed that not all us dragonball fans are unreasonable :)

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By r3d_rob1n

Wow. That was an amazing video. It was so smart. In truth, I gained massive amounts of respect for both heroes.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrShway88

Honestly I still can see either winning. It would depend on circumstances. If Kararot and Kal-El fought a thousand times, I am 100% sure Superman wouldn't win every time. Death battle didn't end this rivalry nor do I want it to end. This match up is as epic as Thor vs Hulk or Batman vs Captain America. It's fun to debate and discuss things like this. It's one of the things that brings comic book lovers together.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By hart7668

I must admit, I was a pretty hard Dragon Ball fanboy, always thinking that Goku could decimate Superman rather easily. Then, after being exposed to numerous blogs on scew attack I realized that even the "Post Crisis" Superman was quite...godly. After a while I figured out where my initial reasoning came from: I was merely comparing the Dragon Ball Z (funimation) anime to the Superman:TAS and Justice League cartoons. Little did I know what a beast Supes is. I've always liked both, but now I think I can appreciate the older cartoons knowing "just how powerful [he] really is..."

EDIT: (well, I still am a hard DB fan :p )

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By evilvegeta74

I'm not sure what you posted but you have been denied!

@Onemoreposter

: @Gold_Kitsune - And Onemoreposter

Bats couldn't solo the DBZ verse on his best day, he couln't even handle the kids they are planet busters, just Saiyan! lol!

:

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Fifthchild

I'm not sure why anyone who cared about such a question would make up their mind once and for all based on what sounds like a really terrible analysis of a hypothetical fight between two characters from different fictional universes that a few people slapped together and uploaded to YouTube.

I don't care about DBZ so i really can't be bothered watching it but the summarized version sounded pretty bad (arbitrailiy mixing and matching totally different versions of Superman etc).

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@Gold_Kitsune: I applaud you good sir!!! I truly do. As a major DBZ fan and Superman fan I agree with the results and it was an epic fight!!!!!

Also, seeing as how Goku technically DIED in that fight, I feel this is appropriate.

spetsnaz_gru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By spetsnaz_gru

@Gold_Kitsune said:

Such noble gesture. Kudos to you!

randyrhoades16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By randyrhoades16

How noble and mature of you to say it like this. I am glad there are finally some people here on the internet who can accept the truth considering that I have seen alot of posts on the internet entirely saying how incorrect the battle was. I for one knew what the out come was going to be because I did the research before. As a person who grew up worshiping both these characters, I have to say; I was a bit bitter watching it because it was so.... I don't know.... but all that personal feelings towards the characters aside; the battle was beautifully executed and made. I liked it alot; just wish it wasn't a DEATH BATTLE though =\

Avatar image for greatest_of_all
    Greatest_Of_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Greatest_Of_All

death battle AHH! they used every version of superman pre/post/all star/main at the same time. they god there speed by pre crisis, strength by Allstar, back durability by pre/crisis and so on.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By Hazlenaut

I congratulate you for being the bigger man. I am glade that this is over with. Well for most of us. We can move on with our lives. It also put the fact of few changes in Comicvine like putting chi in the powers category. We are moving a step forward.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By z3ro180

@evilvegeta74 what ?

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Z3RO180

: never yield to the enemy,never!

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By colonyofcells

My guess is Master Roshi can easily kill Superman and Master Roshi gets all of paradise island and gets all the amazons.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By Lvenger

@Gold_Kitsune: Such sportmanship and credibility in your post. If only there were more DBZ fans like you the Internet would be a much nicer place. For that I doff my cap to you sir, well done on this commendable post! :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.