Follow

Superman/Wonder Woman

Volume »

Is an ongoing New 52 series that focuses on the romance of the Kryptonian Alien, Superman and the Amazon Princess, Wonder Woman. Joining together, they must face whatever enemies they face and keep the love alive.

Superman/Wonder Woman #4

• 95 results
    Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Outside of Action Comics, I really think this is EASILY the best Superman title on the market despite its short run.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Outside of Action Comics, I really think this is EASILY the best Superman title on the market despite its short run.

Seriously mate? This rubbish excuse for a title beats the much superior Superman Unchained? Hollow characterisation, a vain and lackluster romance, over the top and often poorly represented action sequences just to make up for the lack of substance beats Snyder's top notch understanding of Superman coupled with an intriguing plot that capitalises on Superman's greatest strengths as weaknesses and solid writing? This is what beats Unchained? I'm honestly surprised that you'd pick this, I truly am. I find this to be a vapid and contrived mess with only aesthetic value in Tony Daniels' art. The rest is purely meh at best. The only thing this beats Unchained at is coming out more regularly and quality>quantity in my book.

Superwondy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

@saint_wildcard: i was naming scenes that no one mentioned. You mention that scene.

Also I been getting the feeling that Clark might be ashamed of dating Diana, or it could be he is afraid that humans would distance themselves from him and really see him as a alien. IDK

No Caption Provided

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@justice_teen said:

@saint_wildcard: i was naming scenes that no one mentioned. You mention that scene.

Also I been getting the feeling that Clark might be ashamed of dating Diana, or it could be he is afraid that humans would distance themselves from him and really see him as a alien. IDK

No Caption Provided

Well except that's wrong, but feel free to believe that.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By Bezza

I am with you, I like it. Each to their own, Lvenger obviously hates it, but I have been enjoying the comic for what it is, a comic, not a literary masterpiece. I wouldn't necessarily rate it over Unchained, but I think its doing very well. IGN obviously agree as they gave it an 8.5 this week. Its provided some good moments IMO. Loved Superman v Apollo in Issue 2 in particular and this week, the Zod and Faora thing was interesting...

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Deranged Midget

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget said:

Seriously mate? This rubbish excuse for a title beats the much superior Superman Unchained? Hollow characterisation, a vain and lackluster romance, over the top and often poorly represented action sequences just to make up for the lack of substance beats Snyder's top notch understanding of Superman coupled with an intriguing plot that capitalises on Superman's greatest strengths as weaknesses and solid writing? This is what beats Unchained? I'm honestly surprised that you'd pick this, I truly am. I find this to be a vapid and contrived mess with only aesthetic value in Tony Daniels' art. The rest is purely meh at best. The only thing this beats Unchained at is coming out more regularly and quality>quantity in my book.

Hey, it's my opinion dude. To be completely honest, I've found Unchained to be relatively dull as of late. I like the concept and it definitely piqued my interest from time to time but the delivery continually falls flat. I'm not saying that Superman/Wonder Woman is the best piece of work in years but I appreciate that Soule is determined in establishing something that other writers simply toss aside and that keeps my attention. Also, I think Daniel's art is second to none in terms of Superman and DC. His work just speaks to me more and I feel that he's more diverse.

@bezza said:

I am with you, I like it. Each to their own, Lvenger obviously hates it, but I have been enjoying the comic for what it is, a comic, not a literary masterpiece. I wouldn't necessarily rate it over Unchained, but I think its doing very well. IGN obviously agree as they gave it an 8.5 this week. Its provided some good moments IMO. Loved Superman v Apollo in Issue 2 in particular and this week, the Zod and Faora thing was interesting...

Cool beans! I don't find it to be the best either but I like the diversity the title offers! It's something that's kind of unseen in their individual titles and I really dig the interactions between their respective worlds.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Lvenger

@deranged_midget: Perhaps I should have made this post first. I understand you're allowed to have an opinion different from my own mate, my views have not changed that much but given your amazingly well written and accurately worded blog on this topic a year ago: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/deranged_midget/blog/clark-kents-love-life-lois-vs-diana/86892/

it's strange to see you change this much. For me, I still don't see diversity (in the writing, Daniels' work is gorgeous), interest or anything unique in this title. I see Wonder Woman marginlaised and written as incompetent to make her seem like a 'love interest' to Superman when any natural chemistry attempts simply do not work. I'm worried you may have let Daniels' pretty pictures get over the blatant story telling flaws Soule has made despite his decent portrayal of Superman when he's not with Diana.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Deranged Midget

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget: Perhaps I should have made this post first. I understand you're allowed to have an opinion different from my own mate, my views have not changed that much but given your amazingly well written and accurately worded blog on this topic a year ago: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/deranged_midget/blog/clark-kents-love-life-lois-vs-diana/86892/

it's strange to see you change this much. For me, I still don't see diversity (in the writing, Daniels' work is gorgeous), interest or anything unique in this title. I see Wonder Woman marginlaised and written as incompetent to make her seem like a 'love interest' to Superman when any natural chemistry attempts simply do not work. I'm worried you may have let Daniels' pretty pictures get over the blatant story telling flaws Soule has made despite his decent portrayal of Superman when he's not with Diana.

Haha, nice work around on my own words there dude! Evidently yes, I was in a very different position a year ago when this entire situation began and I wasn't exactly fair nor open to the concept. Although, as time went on, I decided to go against my initial judgement and remain open-minded because I've been surprised in the past. And honestly, I find that it's really refreshing to be surprised because of how broad of a history comics have.

Hopefully I'm not overstepping my boundaries but I don't find it fair to completely judge a title based off a few scans and a synopsis. Sure, you can get the general gist of what's going on but considering everyone is different, I find enjoyment in different places and with Superman/Wonder Woman, it's with the little touches and details Soule puts into the plot.

dcguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wow, I really suprized the most boring issue in the serie praised so much. It's really sad New 52 turned one of the best comic villian to be a love sick emo . I want my old ruthless general Zod back.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Lvenger

@deranged_midget: Fair enough, I do now see where you're coming from on your reaction to this title. I always knew you'd have a good explanation in mind heh, just testing those boundaries :P

Superwondy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63  Edited By Superwondy

@saint_wildcard: Remove pink glasses and you will see an objective reality that hardly will be pleasant for you.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#64  Edited By SaintWildcard

@saint_wildcard: Remove pink glasses and you will see an objective reality that hardly will be pleasant for you.

This coming from the person that thinks a drop in sales during the first few issues means it's a dud. As for their relationship, please tell at what point during the comic did Clark feel embarrassed to be with Wonder WOman. Or maybe as a country boy and a gentlemen he doesnt want neither him or Diana to be treated like a celebrity freak show (proven in issue 2 where he beats Apollo for calling Diana easy). 2 moments in the comics clarified this, TMZ reporting that any earthquake felt was them doing it and Superman hearing that someone said the chat boards are gonna have a field day.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By lykopis

Okay, I am caught up with this series so far and I have to admit, I am kind of digging it and through the perspective of a Wonder Woman fan primarily. What I feel is missing in her solo book I am getting here. In spades actually. I am getting Diana's world and I am getting the DCU world and I am getting Kal-El's world. So it's giving me a lot.

I still have that sense of not having these two believably developing a relationship which could lead into "love" but hey, maybe that's the non-romantic in me. Who's to say people can't fall in love that quickly and deeply? There are people who have met and within months make the commitment to be together forever and there are those rounding the decade mark and still hem and haw over it.

So, my take? I am enjoying the book primarily for the stories being presented surrounding the characters. It's not just about the relationship, which is refreshing. I do believe the stories are hella short but maybe that's a DC thing?

Anyway, I am enjoying the book.

Dud317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: not sure if you meant this to be rhetorical or not, but they do an Weekly Essentials article. Either way, it seems like some weeks they are heavy on reviews, and light on others, with a lot of my list not getting touched.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@dud317: Well I was meaning since G-Man says they only review comics that they think are good, so why not just do weekly recommendations instead.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another awesome issue, kinda bummed it was so short but it was substantial, deserves ever one of the 5*.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@lykopis: I agree there are time where I can't tell if this is a I love you relationship, or I'm glad I found someone like me kind. It may be hard to tell because of the whole not trying to make this a love story approach.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@lvenger: Dude come on, you really need to move the biased wall and take a better look at this comic...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Dude come on, you really need to move the biased wall and take a better look at this comic...

I have. That's why I criticise it so much, because I take a better look at this comic. I don't appreciate being called biased for pointing out the story telling, character disrespecting and plot contrivances coupled with the forced romance this series brings to the table. That's my view on what this comic is so far and I stand by it based on what this series has been thus far.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: This relationship is no more forced than a Clark & Lois one is. Also I dunno about them in the JL but in this comic they are as true to their personalities as it gets in The New 52.

Kiara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justice_teen said:

No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: Excuse me but how has the Clark/Lois relationship ever been forced? It was a natural, organic and truly romantic look at how Clark is motivated and inspired in humanity by his love for Lois which made for a truly engaging and meaningful relationship. If you ever read any Pre Flashpoint stuff, you would know that Clark and Lois were clearly the more fleshed out and actually realistic couple. Here it's just "We're're both lonely, let's hook up" with not much else tying them together. Not even Soule has done much better at showing them to be a convincing couple.

I'll admit Soule does a decent Superman portrayal but his Wonder Woman is incompetent, blundering and hardly a patch on Azzarello's much deeper and complex Wonder Woman in his title. They're like two separate characters in the New 52 and the former is written much better than the latter despite what Wonder Woman purists say.

dcguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By dcguy

@lvenger said:

@2cool4fun: Excuse me but how has the Clark/Lois relationship ever been forced? It was a natural, organic and truly romantic look at how Clark is motivated and inspired in humanity by his love for Lois which made for a truly engaging and meaningful relationship. If you ever read any Pre Flashpoint stuff, you would know that Clark and Lois were clearly the more fleshed out and actually realistic couple. Here it's just "We're're both lonely, let's hook up" with not much else tying them together. Not even Soule has done much better at showing them to be a convincing couple.

You explained my feeling about this pointless relationship. And who thinks Clark/Lois relationship forced , just read Busiek and Pacheco's Superman issue #654 . That single issue is hundred times better than this worthless serie's all issues.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Lvenger

@dcguy said:

@lvenger said:

You explained my feeling about this pointless relationship. And who thinks Clark/Lois relationship forced , just read Busiek and Pacheco's Superman issue #654 . That single issue is hundred times better than this worthless serie's all issues.

Are you referring to Lois' welcoming home of Clark scene? Because that was just a beautiful contrast of why those two work so well together in a relationship.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By 2cool4fun

@lvenger: Yeah maybe pre 52, but right now he has no bigger reason to be with her then he has to be with WW

Also as WW said it many times, they are very different yet the same.

Opposites attract. They have things they share & things they bring to each other. If nothing else I would recommend you at least look at this issue, as wonder woman narrates this whole things nicely through out the comic.

Off topic: the art & color change between the first story & the second did bug me a bit, since the the guy that colors Daniel's work gives them bought blue eyes, yet the second one gives wonder woman green eyes.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: As I told you, I've seen what this series brings to the table and it does not appeal to me in the slightest. If I want to read a good Superman book, I go for Superman Unchained or Action Comics. If I want a good Wonder Woman book, I go for Azzarello's vastly superior Wonder Woman title. If I want a series where I don't enjoy the premise or two of my favourite characters being forced into something, I'll come to this series.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Supes and Diana make a good couple, but Zod's line seems lifted from a movie.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: by this logic,Superman only needs to get with Lana to cease your incessant anti-Wondy agenda.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Have you seen how Pak writes the Superman/Lana interactions in Action Comics? I would definitely be behind that romance since it's something new and interesting to explore Lana's relationship with Clark in adulthood.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haters gonna hate.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Pak is great on the Scout, but my point is that by your logic, Lois isn't special at all. Any human woman would do as long as she's human--even Car Grant.

dcguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Yes , and dancing and flying scene that's what I call a powerful moment . You know that never work with WW coz she can fly herself :D . But seriously it's a perfect issue .

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haters gonna hate.

And fanboys gonna fantasize over blind and forced matchmaking of two characters that don't go together in a relationship. That's the way the world works.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Pak is great on the Scout, but my point is that by your logic, Lois isn't special at all. Any human woman would do as long as she's human--even Car Grant.

No my logic doesn't suggest that. Countless scans show why Superman would only ever go for Lois as his soul mate and wife. For example this scan

No Caption Provided

Now try and tell me Superman and Wonder Woman is ever better than a relationship like this. Anyone can try. I'll wait.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Well, the writers have yet to show these two interact as Clark and Diana, but it doesn't mean they're not capable of inspiring the best in each other.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/Sup-WW/kingdomcome.jpg

I forgot how to post pics, but that scan shows that Diana is capable of inspiring Clark's humanity when called to do so.

Mr_Tech_Ed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Mr_Tech_Ed

Dude take a chill pill, seriously!

No body is saying that SM/WW relationship is better then Superman/Lois.

Relax they're fictional characters, and it's nice that people still want to explore new ideas with these characters. Super Heroes involve so much over time, and as fans... who are we to say what they can do, and what they can't.

Plus If you're a fan of any of these characters, you should be glad that DC is trying new angles for a newer generation!

Also to add... Superman is really close to Wonder Woman as a friend, and DC been dancing with the idea of SM/WW for years!!! "So it's not completely left field" This issue was very solid, and I do recommend it.

This picture solely mean I support "Time& Evolution"

No Caption Provided

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By johnqestion

@lvenger said:

@superguy1591 said:

No my logic doesn't suggest that. Countless scans show why Superman would only ever go for Lois as his soul mate and wife. For example this scan

No Caption Provided

Now try and tell me Superman and Wonder Woman is ever better than a relationship like this. Anyone can try. I'll wait.

This is a really bad and incomprehensible comparison. If you want to compare please bring the equivalent of Lois and Clark when courting. Not after they are married. Clark and Diana are not married. They are in the blossoming of a new relationship. Not the "old married couple" stage. A couple just dating learning about each other and learning to be vulnerable is not like a couple who already gone past hurdles of not only age and experience but would have been committed via marriage

Lois and Clark got the married couple writing. No different to any married committed couple in the DCU. Go back to their courtship and believe me it leaves a lot to be desired. If Clark did marry Diana and they lived together and shared their life like this then it's very easy to write a scene like this. This is not rocket science or that wow writing.

You compare the mature REAL way Soule is writing Clark and Diana to the almost Disneyesque versions of Lois and Clark who never really go beyond certain cliches and troupes and you can see imo THIS relationship (Clark and Diana) is way more layered, complex and authentic. You have two individuals who are written that way. With lots of contrasts and Soule goes for it. Lois and Clark's marriage was vanilla. They never had the balls to challenge the issues that would arise it like they are doing with this couple here. Lois petting Clark is basically how it is. It's a really watered down because it panders by never giving them anything but him protecting Lois and her listening.Yawn for me.

Diana would actually have a different conversation. It ends up deeper and really to me delves into both as heroes and it's a good challenge to help the characters really grow and evolve and understand them.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a really bad and incomprehensible comparison. If you want to compare please bring the equivalent of Lois and Clark when courting. Not after they are married. Clark and Diana are not married. They are in the blossoming of a new relationship. Not the "old married couple" stage. A couple just dating learning about each other and learning to be vulnerable is not like a couple who already gone past hurdles of not only age and experience but would have been committed via marriage

Why not, they show more connection and deep meaningful connections than Superman and Diana have ever shown in their entirety of their relationship. But if you want courting examples, courting examples is what you'll get

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Now show me any scan of Superman and Wonder Woman being truly as intimate and caring as that. I'll wait.To clarify, I don't hate the Superman/Wonder Woman romance because it's not Clark and Lois. I hate it because it's a flawed concept to start off with by alienating Superman away from humanity via a human connection which is the whole purpose of Superman's love life in comics and it's only so people who write stupid fan fics over Clark and Diana making out and sleeping together can get a kick out of it rather than show a deep and emotional relationship between two characters who you can believe love each other.

Lois and Clark got the married couple writing. No different to any married committed couple in the DCU. Go back to their courtship and believe me it leaves a lot to be desired. If Clark did marry Diana and they lived together and shared their life like this then it's very easy to write a scene like this. This is not rocket science or that wow writing.

Not just married couple writing but emotionally meaningful and connecting writing. Belive me, you're utterly wrong in saying their married life is less appealing than their dating. I vastly prefer their married life conversations to their dating conversations and I know a lot more about Superman and Lois than you do I'm betting. I've seen what works or doesn't work and Cliana doesn't work. Diana would not say these things to Clark at all because she knows what his position is like. They're dissimilar in too many different ways with their approach to humanity that Diana speaking like this to Clark would be called majorly out of character by her fans reducing her into a doting wife for Superman. Compared to the dull, tedium of Superman and Wonder Woman's romance, it is wow writing, trust me on that.

You compare the mature REAL way Soule is writing Clark and Diana to the almost Disneyesque versions of Lois and Clark who never really go beyond certain cliches and troupes and you can see imo THIS relationship (Clark and Diana) is way more layered, complex and authentic. You have two individuals who are written that way. With lots of contrasts and Soule goes for it. Lois and Clark's marriage was vanilla. They never had the balls to challenge the issues that would arise it like they are doing with this couple here. Lois petting Clark is basically how it is. It's a really watered down because it panders by never giving them anything but him protecting Lois and her listening.Yawn for me.

Soule is a decent writer, don't get me wrong but not even he is making the romance REAL or organic in the lsightest. You take about cliches and tropes but you're utterly and laughably I might add blinded by the cliched and generic romance Clark and Diana's romance has been. Diana is reduced to an incompetent and useless item for Superman and that's what's most disrespectful. Fans like you regard this superficial and empty relationship when all Diana does is worry and dote about whether her relationship with Superman is going well. That's brutally apparent in this issue when she compares it to a Greek Tragedy. Tell me, if you have any prior knowledge of Wonder Woman, does that make her seem like the independent and confident symbol of peace she's known for being? Of course not, any reasonable person could see that. And I find it immensely disrespectful that you think Lois and Clark's relationship was stale when Lois was the one person who can challenge Superman on a moral and mental level and that's what makes their chemistry so realistic and understandable. Your lack of knowledge on this relationship is woefully apparent in your flawed and empty case. Yawn for me on the tedium that is Clark and Diana which some people find strangely appealing.

Diana would actually have a different conversation. It ends up deeper and really to me delves into both as heroes and it's a good challenge to help the characters really grow and evolve and understand them.

Now this is what really grinds my gears. You must be kidding when you think that Diana and Clark have ever had any deepness in their relationship at all. Let's take Diana's present to Clark in the last issue, time. What the dickens was Soule thinking in putting that hashed out cliche? All it does is give fan fic shippers their daily dose of seeing two characters make out. Tell me, how exactly is that deep, evolving writing for the characters instead of being, I don't know, editorial enforced mandates imposed to make the characters do what they want in the story rather than writing stories to suit the characters like Pak and Azzarello have done for these characters in their own respective titles. I think the latter better explains why this romance fails so much as a concept.

Superbat420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Charles soule is my favorite writer, and issue number 1 was intense but the series is loosing me slowly not digging it

dcguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ow, I couldn't belive what you said. You compaired this ridiculous series with some of the best Superman stories like Action Comic #775 , Camelot Falls, Last Son. Mature Real way, what, really? I really not saw any adult thing in this book , I just saw "We are different, what everybody thinks about our relationship, greek tragedy bla bla bla" cliche , forced romance and great villians turns emos. Marriage is real life and adult thing and it turns heroes more responsible and much more deeper character not makes them cliche or boring . But I know some writers not want to write real life conditions instead they prefer manchild fantasies. Now, I finally understand Why DC and Marvel hates married couples. Because fans like you demands this kind of fantasies .

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By johnqestion

@dcguy said:

@johnqestion said:

Ow, I couldn't belive what you said. You compaired this ridiculous series with some of the best Superman stories like Action Comic #775 , Camelot Falls, Last Son. Mature Real way, what, really? I really not saw any adult thing in this book , I just saw "We are different, what everybody thinks about our relationship, greek tragedy bla bla bla" cliche , forced romance and great villians turns emos. Marriage is real life and adult thing and it turns heroes more responsible and much more deeper character not makes them cliche or boring . But I know some writers not want to write real life conditions instead they prefer manchild fantasies. Now, I finally understand Why DC and Marvel hates married couples. Because fans like you demands this kind of fantasies .

Lois and Clark is not that well written. That is a relationship of fantasy on all levels. I really don't know where Lois and Clark fans think the whole readership cares for that and it certainly has zero to do with marriage. The marriage was bland. The sales of Superman alone before the reboot should have told you that.

Last Son was uttler tosh too. Lois and Clark gets it all on a platter even when they get to adopt. It's forced and they have no real challenges.

Look at Man of Steel too the movie. It's the most bland thing ever and feels so forced too. From my pov Lois has done little to really make Superman a compelling character. The impression of Superman even when he was married was that he was such a whiny or preachy character.

The readership are not all the same and some of us don't want to read the same old stories.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@johnqestion said:

Why not, they show more connection and deep meaningful connections than Superman and Diana have ever shown in their entirety of their relationship. But if you want courting examples, courting examples is what you'll get

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Now show me any scan of Superman and Wonder Woman being truly as intimate and caring as that. I'll wait.To clarify, I don't hate the Superman/Wonder Woman romance because it's not Clark and Lois. I hate it because it's a flawed concept to start off with by alienating Superman away from humanity via a human connection which is the whole purpose of Superman's love life in comics and it's only so people who write stupid fan fics over Clark and Diana making out and sleeping together can get a kick out of it rather than show a deep and emotional relationship between two characters who you can believe love each other.

@johnqestion said:

Not just married couple writing but emotionally meaningful and connecting writing. Belive me, you're utterly wrong in saying their married life is less appealing than their dating. I vastly prefer their married life conversations to their dating conversations and I know a lot more about Superman and Lois than you do I'm betting. I've seen what works or doesn't work and Cliana doesn't work. Diana would not say these things to Clark at all because she knows what his position is like. They're dissimilar in too many different ways with their approach to humanity that Diana speaking like this to Clark would be called majorly out of character by her fans reducing her into a doting wife for Superman. Compared to the dull, tedium of Superman and Wonder Woman's romance, it is wow writing, trust me on that.

@johnqestion said:

Soule is a decent writer, don't get me wrong but not even he is making the romance REAL or organic in the lsightest. You take about cliches and tropes but you're utterly and laughably I might add blinded by the cliched and generic romance Clark and Diana's romance has been. Diana is reduced to an incompetent and useless item for Superman and that's what's most disrespectful. Fans like you regard this superficial and empty relationship when all Diana does is worry and dote about whether her relationship with Superman is going well. That's brutally apparent in this issue when she compares it to a Greek Tragedy. Tell me, if you have any prior knowledge of Wonder Woman, does that make her seem like the independent and confident symbol of peace she's known for being? Of course not, any reasonable person could see that. And I find it immensely disrespectful that you think Lois and Clark's relationship was stale when Lois was the one person who can challenge Superman on a moral and mental level and that's what makes their chemistry so realistic and understandable. Your lack of knowledge on this relationship is woefully apparent in your flawed and empty case. Yawn for me on the tedium that is Clark and Diana which some people find strangely appealing.

@johnqestion said:

Now this is what really grinds my gears. You must be kidding when you think that Diana and Clark have ever had any deepness in their relationship at all. Let's take Diana's present to Clark in the last issue, time. What the dickens was Soule thinking in putting that hashed out cliche? All it does is give fan fic shippers their daily dose of seeing two characters make out. Tell me, how exactly is that deep, evolving writing for the characters instead of being, I don't know, editorial enforced mandates imposed to make the characters do what they want in the story rather than writing stories to suit the characters like Pak and Azzarello have done for these characters in their own respective titles. I think the latter better explains why this romance fails so much as a concept.

. You just might want to wake up and smell the coffee and realize that people don't like the same things and can enjoy something else. Most comic sites are giving this books solid solid reviews so you can rant all you want.

Avatar image for scarecrow_knight
    Scarecrow_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Scarecrow_Knight
    justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#96  Edited By justice teen

@kiara: @superwondy: ok i made two points in that post which one is the exactly going to?

dcguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By dcguy

@johnqestion: I give up man , it's hard to make argument with someone who never understand Clark/Lois relationship . Keep reading your twilight fantasy book but fans like you is the reason why companies give us disastrous comics like One More Day . And please not talk about sales , there are not big diffrences between pre New 52 and New 52 Superman sales . To be fair currently , only Superman Unchained made big sales and it's nothing about WW/Sup relationship.

Avatar image for killingjoke3230
    KillingJoke3230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So who really leaked the intel ??

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By primebonnick

FAORA and many tears were shed. I think the new zod is growing on me. I can't wait for for Lois to appear in the series and burn with jealousy like batman is.

Seriously ppl are still whining about the relationship my word stop reading the series then.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes I thought the back-up artist paulo siqueira was a refreshing change. Tony danialsis mechine on this but if he ever leaves, its goood to know that paulo can take over with art that I like. He should be given a regular series. Also, I hated that cover! They should have used the zod/ faora embrace of the lst pageas the cover!Wondy

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.