Beginning the 'Reign of the Supermen,' The Man of Steel returns to Metropolis to quell the latest crime wave in Suicide Slum led by a new, ruthless female crime lord, and Jeb is back in town to see Lois Lane in the wake of Clark Kent's disappearance. Bound into the center of this issue is a double-page mini poster of Superman, printed on cover stock.
- The newstand edition was $1.50.
- The direct sales edition was $1.95.
- The direct sales cover is die cut.
- There is an outline of the "S" shield is on the outer cover while the "S" shield belongs to Steel on the inner cover.
- The direct sales and newstand covers were penciled by Jon Bogdanove and inked and colored by Dennis Janke.
- "The Man of Steel!" a poster of Steel by Jon Bogdanove and Dennis Janke.
- The name of the letter column is changed to Tempered Steel.
- Series returns after a two month hiatus.
- Triangle 1993 #13.
- Chronological continuation from Adventures of Superman #500.
- Chronological continuation in Superman #78.