poetech's Superman Returns review

Avatar image for poetech
  • poetech wrote this review on .

Returns

Although widely regarded as one of the best superhero movies (even earning it's place on many top lists), the film has been mostly forgotten in the wake of Man of Steel, and the upcoming BvS. However have no doubt - this film is a worthy successor to Christopher Lee's Superman II, taking place five years later after Kent has disappeared to see his home world's destruction for himself. Brandon Routh is a charming Superman, although Kevin Spacey steals the show as Lex Luthor, who intends to use crystals stolen from the Fortress of Solitude to his own nefarious ends. Also Lois Lane is hot.

Other reviews for Superman Returns

Psst... it's a remake. 0

I had high hopes for this one. The director, Bryan Singer has had a great track record up till now making great films full of excitement and depth. Since the Batman franchise, began with two good movies, was followed by two terrible ones, and was ultimately redeemed in the new millenium by a visionary young director, I hoped the same would be true of the Superman franchise. Unfortunately this was not the case. The movie was a mixed bag, and there's no way I can explain myself to you comic g33...

Superman Returns 0

I had high expectations for this movie since I watched the original four movies. Seriously, what was Bryan Singer thinking? You know, this movie is crap because of bad dialogue, acting and storywise. Now I know this was a blockbuster movie and it had high grossings. Seriously, when it comes to the story and the characters. It's lame. This movie is actually a sequel to Superman 1 and 2. Thus, ignoring the events of movie 3 and 4.   Here are some points which I don't like.Clark Kent/Superman- Clar...