gmanfromheck's Superman: Last Stand of New Krypton #1 - Invaded review

Avatar image for gmanfromheck

Now Let The Action Begin

Things are about to get crazy. If you haven't been reading Superman, now is the time to start.

The Good:

We're finally seeing the showdown we've been waiting for. Brainiac is attacking New Krypton and this will be a job for...a bunch of super people. With James Robinson and Sterling Gates writing, we know we're in safe hands. This is going to be a great trip. Pete Woods does a nice job drawing all the various characters. We also see Kal-El finally make a decision about where he should be and what he should do.

The Bad:

While this is a first issue (of three), it might not be entirely new-reader friendly. This is a story that has been building for a while. There's some death and destruction that make you wonder what the future of New Krypton will be. The cliffhanger ending is a little predictable.

The Verdict:

I've been enjoying Superman since Geoff Johns started writing Action Comics. I feel it's unfortunate that the Superman comics sometimes get overlooked. While this might not be the best starting point if you haven't been keeping up, it is worth jumping here now. Big things are about to happen and you won't want to miss out on it.