- Cover by Ross Andru and Dick Giordano.
- "Lockup at 20,000 Feet!" written by Martin Pasko, penciled by Curt Swan, inked by Frank Chiaramonte, colored by Adrienne Roy and lettered by Ben Oda.
- "Daily Planet" Volume 78 Issue 42 week of October 23, 1978 edited by Bob Rozakis, production by Anthony Tollin and lettered by Typeset. Featuring is the Flash losing control plus "Ask the Answer Man!"
- "Hembeck" written, penciled and inked by Fred Hembeck.
- This issue contains the Hostess Superhero Ad, The Penguin in "Penguins on Parade".
- This issue appears in the television show Diff'rent Strokes season 1 episode 3. On episode 15, in which the cover has tape on it possibly due to copyright issues. And, it also appears in episode 17.
In a captivating tale, writer Martin Pasko and artist Curt Swan introduced the Smallville prison designer Carl "Moose" Draper, It was Draper's love for Lana Lang and jealously of Superman that spurred him to become the gray costumed incarcerator, the Master Jailer. Pushed over the edge when the Man of Steel made enhancements to his prison for super criminals, Draper abducted Lana and detained Superman, using a power siphoning key ring that utilized the powers of the Parasite, Metallo and the Atomic Skull. Lana eventually destroyed the key ring, enabling Superman to escape and put the Master Jailer behind bars.