- Cover by Curt Swan and George Klein.
- "Superman’s Sacrifice!" written by Leo Dorfman, penciled and inked by Al Plastino.
- "The Curse Of Magic!" written by Jerry Siegel, penciled by Curt Swan and inked by George Klein.
- "How Superman has Tricked Mr. Mxyzptlk" 1/3 page text piece.
- "The Nightmare Ordeal of Superman!" written by Edmond Hamilton, penciled and inked by Al Plastino.
2 aliens land on Earth demanding Superman kill someone or Earth would be destroyed. Superman chooses himself but they change the Kryptonite to ordinary rock. Then Lois and Lana pick themselves with Superman stopping them. He then makes it appear as if Clark Kent dies in an atomic bomb explosion. The aliens then reveal it was based on a bet whether they could make Superman kill someone because they are gamblers. They use their mental powers to make the world forget the the past few eventful hours and leave Earth.
Mr Mxyzptlk comes to Earth and gives Superman the curse of magic. Random things he says happens such after singing London Bridge is falling down, the actual bridge begins to fall. Finally he breaks the curse after saying his Kryptonian name backwards.
Helping with a scientific experiment, Superman travels to another planet. At the start of the story, the planet has a yellow sun but then changed to a red sun while he's on the planet. Losing his powers, he is beaten by a native of the planet and his clothes are stolen. He hides in a cave until Jimmy and Lois arrive on a space ship to save him. He isn't recognized as Clark Kent when they see him because under the red sun, his hair and beard grew out. Once they leave the red sun, his powers return.
Log in to comment