• 92 results
    frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By frogdog

@frogdog: Peter seriously needed to grow-up, and the body swap was Marvel's way of doing it. They weren't tired of Peter Parker. Just the stupid decisions he keeps making in order for him to still appear as a child. Saving Aunt may's life despite the fact she didn't want to be saved. selling his marriage to the devil. Not having life insurance, so if he dies in battle his loved have no way of taken care of themselves (obv before May got re-married)

It wouldn't be acceptable with other heroes, because other heroes are adults who got their acts together. They don't do the juvenile things peter does.

If Marvel wanted peter to grow up, then they wouldn't publish One More Day.

ngrey651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@frogdog: Peter seriously needed to grow-up, and the body swap was Marvel's way of doing it. They weren't tired of Peter Parker. Just the stupid decisions he keeps making in order for him to still appear as a child. Saving Aunt may's life despite the fact she didn't want to be saved. selling his marriage to the devil. Not having life insurance, so if he dies in battle his loved have no way of taken care of themselves (obv before May got re-married)

It wouldn't be acceptable with other heroes, because other heroes are adults who got their acts together. They don't do the juvenile things peter does.

I'll now deal with your points one at a time.

1. Needed to grow up? Then have him, y'know, ACTUALLY BEGIN ACCEPTING RESPONSIBILITY. Have him actually acknowledging adult relationships and dealing with adult issues! Do THAT instead of killing him off and having your main spider man series be about a VILLAIN! People expect more. They DESERVE more.

2. Saving Aunt May's life and the like, not having life insurance is, again, a failure on the writer's part for the character to accept responsibility. And Doc Ock never TOOK responsibility for his OWN wrongdoings either. At least Peter TRIED. He didn't do a good job but he freakin' TRIED.

3. This is not a "Villain gets redeemed" story. THAT would be an idea worth exploring. This is basically an ego trip for Doc Ock as he talks about how much better he is than Peter at being Spider Man, as evidenced by every single issue he gets a chance to talk. Over and over again, he's SOOO much better at being Spider-Man. SO superior. It's gotten old. This is becoming a self-indulgent fantasy for Slott to write a villain he adores.

4. Doc had the BALLS to blame PETER for what was going to happen to that little girl when he was the one who put her in that position in the first place. This ties into another point. It is NOT A HERO'S FAULT THAT A VILLAIN DOES BAD THINGS. It is not BATMAN'S fault that the Joker kills. It is not SUPERMAN'S fault for what LEX LUTHOR does. Being evil does NOT absolve you of responsibility and I am sick of comics trying to push that bullcrap idea forth. THIS comic included!

5. We already DID this whole "Spidey goes all emo and dark and loses himself in the job" back in the day. When he was acting as "The Spider" before the Clone Saga got underway. People were put OFF by him being all anti-hero and broody. That's why Venom is a foil for Peter, because Venom is an anti-hero type willing to kill and be violent and cruel in the name of a so-called greater good. You shouldn't HAVE to kill in order to put a stop to crime. It lowers you to the level of the criminal, it cheapens your actions and as recent crime statistics have shown, capital punishment ISN'T a deterrent to crime.

6. As others have pointed out, we have stories like Venom and Scarlet Spider if people want a darker Spider-Man. We don't need this kind of story in our main Spider-Man stories. It's been done before and is already being done elsewhere.

7. If you have to make a good guy look bad to make a bad guy look good, that's bad writing. That's why Frank Miller's making Superman look bad to make Batman look good makes most comic book fans groan and shake their head.

So in other words, or rather, as Linkara of AT4W would put it...

THIS! COMIC! SUCKS!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@mr_athrilla: So you're saying that murdering someone and stealing their life is perfectly justified as long as your victim is immature?

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By BR_Havoc

I feel like this issue is the halfway mark for Peter's return.

I agree with you there I say issue twenty will be the first tease as him coming back with him returning in ether issue 24 or the annual

Avatar image for crimsonalchemist
    CrimsonAlchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: It's funny so you still spend your time reading "this" dribble knowing that you dislike it then come here to say it ,nice. Comments like this make me buy this book more cause I love it. I hate Superman and still follow his serious and I keep my hang ups to myself.

Avatar image for crimsonalchemist
    CrimsonAlchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By CrimsonAlchemist

@ngrey651: Peter's never had a kid so he never has"really" grown up just because you don't like Anti heros don't mean this books sucks i'm sure things will go back to the usual rainbows and unicorns pretty soon so get over it.

BreZeJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So the complaints of the long villain "arc" continue. I want Peter back also, but I looked at this with an open mind and find this is a pretty good book. This is breaking a character down to build him to a greater point down the line. It might be called character development, but correct me if I'm wrong.

skyjumpermike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I like that Comic Vine changed the title of their complaints department to "Superior Spider-Man Review". If you ever feel the need to read peoples complaints or just general whining, this is the place.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously love this book 200% more just based on the fact that it makes all the fanboys have sore hineys, reading them say the same two things over again is extremely entertaining/sad.

That being said after reading this issue, I'm starting to think that Ock might bring Peter back himself eventually because it seems hes starting to show some regret on his decision to steal his body.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm starting to reach my limit on the amount of praise I can give this comic. This series has been one of my absolute favorites among the Marvel Now titles and it's still going strong. I would've given this issue the same rating but only because I think the art was a little rough in spots. The fact that he's several steps ahead of his villains has been one of the reasons I've been loving this ongoing. I can't get enough of seeing Spider-Man portrayed as more of a tech hero but with the versatility of the spider power set. If he was simply a more brutal version of Spidey then one could say he was biting off of Scarlet or Venom but he's just different enough with the Octavius edge.

In the end of this issue we see the beginning of the Superior Six which makes me wonder if Superior Spidey's solution to this threat will tie into his schemes in the Avenging books. I can't wait for more of this amazing series. Dan Slott is some sort of genius.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#62  Edited By PunyParker

To ALL OF YOU Superior lovers.....If Slott comes out and says "Superior is the end of it,no more Peter Parker,this is the mainstream Spider-Man from now on." ...you will still love the book?....

You all read(like myself) to see how the heck will Peter return because every issue its becoming harder and harder....

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#63  Edited By PunyParker

@mr_athrilla: The writers ,then, must have worked it out,and "adault" him a bit.....swping their minds isnt the proper way of growing up.....

Also,he maintained the attitude and the way of speach of a teenager(monologues) but he had a good paying job,and he took care of May.....(i think he didnt have a girlfriend,but eventually the'd be back together with MJ)

OH! and shooting a man to the head in front of 30 people is adault?.....talking like an arrogant evil scientist to every human being is adault?......i believe its more "juvenil" than you think.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Don't know. I found it boring. Ock kept saying he's superior etc... By the way, why does he keep acting like a "hero"? I don't get it...Slott erases in a way Otto's schizophrenic, murderous character. One could say "Relax, it's a comic book", but still we're talking about Doc Ock, right? The guy that tried to destroy the world, right? And so, hypocritical, Otto judging the guard for his hideous/violent acts against the inmates? Does he remember what he's done in the past? Don't know, guys, don't know. SSM has been a huge disappointment for me.

lolXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we should all just agree that we each have our own tastes in how a particular story goes.... there is no "good" or "bad" in things like comics because it depends on the perspective of the reader XD

jaytiz27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bloody LOVE this book, its such a refreshing take on the hero. I personally love how he is so superior at being spiderman, and I can't wait for him to make a mistake and watch his whole superior life coming crashing down.

tximinoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is getting old guys, complaining about how this is not Peter, how they fucked up the character and all... seriously, stop it already. If you hate this so much, just don't buy it, or at least if you buy it ('cause you have enough money to buy this even if you don't like it) don't come here and complain every single time. I mean, you can still come here and complain if you have problems with this particular issue (for example, you didn't like the story or the art or the dialogue or one particular situation) but please, please, DO NOT TROLL, don't come here every fucking time, whining like little bitches, complaining about how this has destroyed your favourite character. This is the eleventh issue, WE GET IT, there's no need to keep saying the same thing over, and over, and over again.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68  Edited By SavageDragon

@tximinoman: I know right that Frodog guy keeps at it lol.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#69  Edited By SupremeHyperion

anyone who is complaining about it not being peter is obviously not reading it because this book is great so far.

What I'm wondering is why don't other villains get put to death? seems like many have done far worse than spiderslayer?

Still an amazing book that needs to be read by all and not just hated on by those who don't want to read it because Peter isn't the main focus.

tximinoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremehyperion: maybe they do get put to death but they don't wait as much as spiderslayer did to scape.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the last issue who thinks that pedro the firefighter who saved maryjane is peter

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_thief: I think it is O'hara sent back from the future were he has to make sure the future is not altered.

apg103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By apg103

When/If Peter comes back, he needs to be more like Otto.

I have been enjoying this series as well.

Dstick88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Dstick88

I love SSM it's one of the few marvel comics i can get into besides all new and uncanny x-men

i hope they wait a long long time to bring peter back

jdp180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By jdp180

I swear some of you take comic books way to seriously. Whining and bitching about Peter like he is a real person.

Rolls7royce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Rolls7royce

I think what most people have a problem with at the core is the "how" this all came to be. That's what so frustrating about the series. The writing is great. I read it every month to get all the clues leading to Peters return. This,for me, is different than OMD. They did that to reboot the character because he was no longer relatable because he grew up. He was married and dealt with adult issues. I enjoyed Brand New Day in spite of OMD. I loved the run of comics after OMD. I like the writing of Superior. It's great. Its just that the circumstances of how it came to pass make it so frustrating.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#80  Edited By tomlikesfries

@hawkguy said:

Every review someone complains its not peter parker, or like

@barkley said:

call when Peter Parker comes back.....meanwhile im reading DC comics at least Batman is bruce wayne and Superman is Clark kent

Just don't read it, i don't know what else to say, you're generating revenue for this book or just wasting time. You're clearly drawn to it if you find a need to comment every other week.

I'm excited for what's to come, future solicitations have shown awesome covers.

Thank you! Finally!

In every goddamn review or issue, there's always a comment of someone complaining that it's not Peter anymore. Just don't read it if you're not pleased! You know it's not a temporary change anyway...

But seriously, you must have been pretty pissed when you were reading Morrison's run on B&R right? You know, Batman was not Bruce in it...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
    deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: fair enough, now let me ask.

1) are you reading SSM and if so are you paying for it or finding it online.

2) if that's how you feel then does that view extend to books like Sinister Six, Suicide Squad, or the Thunderbolts?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@mangakid1995: I'm not saying heroes never kill just that it shouldn't be treated as something to be proud of. And I will never see Ock as a hero because what he did to get there was completely evil. Willful Evil is the one line a hero should never cross.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
    deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lolxd: your right but you do realize that no one is going to take your advice don't you?

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

I like that Comic Vine changed the title of their complaints department to "Superior Spider-Man Review". If you ever feel the need to read peoples complaints or just general whining, this is the place.

LOL. As much as I don't like this series, I am tiring of seeing every review turn into a bashing party/argument. You put it in a much funnier way than I would have thought to.

@frogdog said:

@mr_athrilla said:

If Marvel wanted peter to grow up, then they wouldn't publish One More Day.

I think what most people have a problem with at the core is the "how" this all came to be. That's what so frustrating about the series. The writing is great. I read it every month to get all the clues leading to Peters return. This,for me, is different than OMD. They did that to reboot the character because he was no longer relatable because he grew up. He was married and dealt with adult issues. I enjoyed Brand New Day in spite of OMD. I loved the run of comics after OMD. I like the writing of Superior. It's great. Its just that the circumstances of how it came to pass make it so frustrating.

Quoted for Juxtaposition.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkguy said:

Every review someone complains its not peter parker, or like

@barkley said:

call when Peter Parker comes back.....meanwhile im reading DC comics at least Batman is bruce wayne and Superman is Clark kent

Just don't read it, i don't know what else to say, you're generating revenue for this book or just wasting time. You're clearly drawn to it if you find a need to comment every other week.

I'm excited for what's to come, future solicitations have shown awesome covers.

Thank you! Finally!

In every goddamn review or issue, there's always a comment of someone complaining that it's not Peter anymore. Just don't read it if you're not pleased! You know it's not a temporary change anyway...

But seriously, you must have been pretty pissed when you were reading Morrison's run on B&R right? You know, Batman was not Bruce in it...

Sigh

Did Dick, Tim and Terry steal bruce's body & life in order to be Batman? No they didn't

Poor attempt at a comparison

Garaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh bejabbers, I just accidentally ran across an article about the "Superior" and how he came to be, and just... wow I need a place to comment.

"With great power comes great responsibility." That's the core of Spider-Man's character, and with the way Ock went and took Pete's body, I can definitely see why some fans are in an uproar over this change. I mean heck, his whole core as a character has basically been replaced from what I gather.

Obviously I haven't read any of the Superior, and I don't intend to unless Pete comes back swinging and kicking. I mean I'm sure this arc/series has been well written, it's obvious something about it has to be appealing to its fans. But for me Spider-Man just isn't Spider-Man without the clumsy and quippy Peter Parker.

/2 cents given

adamhollander4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

at least Ultimate Comics Spider-Man is good.

lolXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mangakid1995: Hahaha i know, I just wanted to say it anyways. And I think Superior Spider-Man is a good change, so that when Peter eventually comes back fans will be delighted with his return :D

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomlikesfries: I didn't mind, I thought the two had great dynamics, what didn't interest me was the villain. I don't mind a body swap, we all know its temporary and sometimes it spices things up in the characters world.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Hawkguy

@frogdog: man you must have been seriously shaken by this. Just find something else to read bro, don't you get bored repeating the same thing over and over?

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkguy said:

@frogdog: man you must have been seriously shaken by this. Just find something else to read bro, don't you get bored repeating the same thing over and over?

Why don't you do same and f*** off. I can't be bothered to talk to mindless sheep praising shock value garbage.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Hawkguy

@frogdog: Oh damn I think I hit a nerve. I'm not mindless, I very much enjoy books and their characters because of what's below the surface, and if I don't enjoy it, I stop associating with it. You're kinda beginning to sound like Doc Ock, just saying...

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By sparty-dbq

This was the first issue I found the stomach to muster up and read through in months, and within 6 pages, my hatred was once again validated.

Jameson: "What's the Lizard doing here?! He murdered a child!"

IT'S A PRISON, YOU ASSHOLE!!! YOU JUST ANSWERED YOUR OWN F***ING QUESTION!!!

GGGGGRRRRRRRAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! Why do I do this to myself?! This is bad writing, people! It's a horrible idea, written horribly! I can't do this anymore, I just can't!

THIS. HAS. TO. STOP.

mickeymayhew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this book. Fresh, fresh, fresh

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.