Follow

Superhero Costumes

Concept » Superhero Costumes appears in 4859 issues.

The superhero costume is one of the oldest and most vital things any hero can have, it masks the secret identity and shows the world the real hero.

Twitter Question of the Week RESULTS: Which Character has the Coolest Origin?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Welcome back to another edition Twitter Question of the Week! Every Monday, we ask our followers on Twitter a question about comic books and take their answers and place them neatly into this fine piece of art. This week was a little bit rushed, since we've headed out to WonderCon, so we didn't get to post the question as much as normal. However, we did ask "Which character has the coolest origin and why?" Here's a few of your answers.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Here's what our staff had to say!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Thank you to EVERYONE that participated this week. If you want to get in on the fun, make sure to follow us onTwitter where we post the question a few times on Mondays, and make sure to use #CVTQ when replying; otherwise, we'll have no clue you answered! If you really want to appear in this weekly article, make sure to answer why. Anyone can just say something, but you have to be able to explain your passion.

Do you have a response but don't have a Twitter account? Let us know whose origin you think is awesome in the comment section below.

Mat Elfring is a sometimes comedian, always a writer, sometimes on Twitter, sometimes on apodcast, and always hitting "print screen" to make this weekly feature.

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
    thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

OOOO this is a hard one.

I love Caps underdog story. Plus i count getting frozone to come to now time part of his origin.

Iron Man is my favorite Origin movie which made me really love the origin as quick as it may be.

Spider-Mans is very emotional but it get repetitive after the years they've basically been redoing his origin or making him go through the same crap over and over again

I think i have to go with Green Arrow. HIs whole trapped on an island learned to fend for himself went from the spoiled brat he was to the awesome hero he is now is very awesome.

Honroable metions to Star-Lord,Two-Face,Bascially any of the X-Men,Sinestro, and Hal Jordan.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

The Hulk. A puny, super intelligent man risks his life to save a complete stranger from a weapon he himself created and in the process loses everything and becomes the most dangerous being on Earth. Feared by most, he still acts like a hero even when hunted by the government.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#4  Edited By SynCig

I personally think that Batman's origin is the most powerful. That may be because he is my favorite character but I think that the emotional impact of it earns the top spot. Dick Grayson probably earns my number 2 spot for the same reason. It is also great that they showed a different way of handling loss compared to Batman.

Jakkoaks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mr freeze is the first one to pop into my head his motivations are clear and filled with tragedy.

Sifighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6  Edited By Sifighter

Miles Morales, given powers similar to Peter Parker's , who didn't want to be a hero at all but then when Peter died in battle, he decided to become spider-man after questioning what would have happened had he been there and also to honor Peter's legacy.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Captain13

Power Man/Luke Cage. It took 50 issues to resolve. That's how you know it's good.

CantDance93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Hand.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Spider-Man's is a very powerful origin of responsibility, accountability, and living up to a role models legacy.

Captain America is great because it's essentially a story showing there's a hero in everyone.

Wolverine's is interesting because most mutant origins are usually just being "born a mutant". Wolverine's involves a lot of soul searching and self discovery.

Despite not being a fan, I also find Supermans interesting as it is a classic immigrant story.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like the new Green Arrow origin that Lemire has been putting together. Very grounded with alot of twists and turns.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Hmmm...this is a hard one...

Ultimate Venom is pretty cool. They took a guy who wanted to kill Spider-Man because he lost his job (pretty lame origin) and made him the dark reflection of Peter Parker.

Magneto is also a good example. He lived through one of the greatest massacres in human history, lost everything, and became one of the most powerful men alive!

The Ninja Turtles are another good one. Oh, you say Batman spent 12 years training to fight with the world's greatest masters? Well these guys trained their entire lives! In a sewer!

Gyardos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jonez_

Iron Fist

Which is the coolest out of these 3? Getting bit by a spider, getting your parents murdered, or killing a freaking dragon?

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Batman, tragic but powerful. Batman lives in a world of violent crime, so it makes sense that his origin is an violent crime of his parents getting murdered in front of him by a crook. Of course his origin also speaks a lot about death and resurrection, Bruce Wayne "dies," the same night as his parents and the Batman is born out of it.

Avatar image for doctorthomaselliot
    DoctorThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rorschach, without a doubt. Such a sad, real and painful story for a character who's life is nothing but pain and loneliness. A perfect origin for a perfect character.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O.K it may not be an origin but rouge's fight with Miss Marvel and stealing most of carol's self is an interesting start.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By jackbensley777

wolverine, but taken a bit too far with romulus. not a huge fan of the character buts the history is cool, so is caps ww2 service

Avatar image for sorcerersupreme
    SorcererSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor Strange - Doctor becomes Wizard

Loading Video...

ForeverMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ForeverMan

Galactus for sure. The only survivor of the pre-big bang universe.

Mapuia_Ralte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine has a pretty damn cool origin and I really really like Winter Soldier's origin too.

mjjoaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lobo and Doomsday have dark but cool origins. Doomsdays existence is one big ever unfolding origin.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By 14NC3

It's between Wolverine, The Winter Soldier, Spider-man and Iron Fist for me.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man and Daredevil have great origins.

PaypayTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deadpool for me its really lol :D

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a soft spot for the Silver Surfer origin. A man desperately trying to save his planet sacrifices his mortality to become a god of destruction and death who serves a being older than the universe itself. He has both the most and the least freedom in the Marvel universe because of the power he wields. Something about being lost amidst the whims of cosmic forces beyond your control that makes him one of the most compelling characters to me personally.

I also love the origin of Cutty Flam from One Piece. It's a very fresh take on the Iron Man origin within a more archaic age of technology. He loved building weapons but when they hurt his loved ones he swore that he could no longer take pride in what he had built. He had to turn himself into a cyborg while on a the brink of death in order to save his own life so the thing he has the most pride in now is his steam powered body which he's constantly upgrading for combat.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By Spideysense44

Daredevil,Luke Cage,Iron Fist,Batman,Spiderman, and Green Arrow

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GrimoireMyst

@batman404 said:

The Hulk. A puny, super intelligent man risks his life to save a complete stranger from a weapon he himself created and in the process loses everything and becomes the most dangerous being on Earth. Feared by most, he still acts like a hero even when hunted by the government.

This. Completely agree and could not say it better myself.

Avatar image for braynehurricane
    braynehurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By braynehurricane
    No Caption Provided

Sorry dude I couldn't resist.

I love Caps underdog story. Plus i count getting frozone to come to now time part of his origin.

Avatar image for braynehurricane
    braynehurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By braynehurricane

Magneto has a pretty strong origin. I love the ties to the Nazi Occupation; it gives the character an extremely powerful and sympathetic motive.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Magik's origin. Little sister of a super hero who was kidnapped by a demon in Limbo.

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
    thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Billy Batson has the Origen that any kid would be hooked in by. Too bad I only heard about him in my mid twenties.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I'm going to go with Daredevil as well. He's got an origin that's almost more suited to a supervillain.

Mom ran off, Dad dies, he's blinded. And the sad thing is that life doesn't get much better from there.

gunswordfist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't even know about Galactus' origin.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

My answer for most questions is Blade and today will be no different. The idea of someone who had their humanity stolen from them before they ever took their first breath is both tragic and interesting. He was transformed into a monster essentially. Too human for the vampires and too much of a vampire for humans.

With that being said I also have to mention Superman. At the time he was the last survivor of a doomed civilization. That is a heavy thing to live with and to come here and become one of our greatest heroes says a lot about his strength of character, as well as his upbringing which I must admit is a bit too cookie cutter at times (depends)

Spiderman is another. Perfect origin. Nuff said

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheBlackHood

Magento. His story is what makes him one of the most interesting and dynamic characters in comic books. Unlike so many other villains that were given the hero treatment, his made sense because he always straddled that line between anti-hero and villain. Magneto exists in the world of grey and has never really touched either black or white.

No Caption Provided

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Mr Freeze

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The flash and black Panther.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.