Follow

Supergirl

Series »

The adventures of GIRL OF STEEL in her own superhero career.

Supergirl Episode #107 - "Human For a Day"

• 72 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Man that reveal had me with a face exactly like this.

No Caption Provided

But in a good way. I've been enjoying this show immensely although it has had it's ups and downs. However this whole twist saddens me slightly. I really want to see MM on the big screen. But I doubt we ever will.

LiamDaniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dondave: Yeah, I totally thought that's who it was at first glance. Was totally thrown off when he said he was Jemm

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At one point when Kara was talking to James I noticed she was wearing earings. How'd she get her ears pierced?

onn krypton where she is just a regular human lmao

LiamDaniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By LiamDaniels
    LiamDaniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@liamdaniels said:

@avatar_of_green: Jemm, not Jim. Based on the character Jemm, Son of Saturn

Eh good call, I was thinking he looked just like Despero. :) Though obviously that would have gone down much differently if that were true.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Stellar421

Still feels like everyone involved in this show is phoning it in. Acting is sub-par, special effects are meh.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Episode itself was mediocre in my opinion but that MM debut was pretty awesome wasn't expecting it at all.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By charlieboy

This was an awesome ep. I love this series.

LiamDaniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: Yeah. I thought that's who it was until they referred to him by name.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Does DC have something against Henshaw? first they made Zor-El the new Cyborg Superman and now the Martian is Henshaw,the heck? are DC characters actively handled by ignorant gits? or are their writers told not to get their characters in their contracts? what's next? Jason Todd shows up but turns out to be Adam Strange all along. I find it amusing that people are saying "saw it coming" how did you see it coming? but then again DC is the master of BS,they outright lied about Talia in Rises and Arkham Knight. Pulling crap out of their asses seems to be what DC is good at,Harewood talked about becoming the Cyborg in his interviews what a bummer. It's non sense like this that leads to people coming up with Leto is Jason Todd or Affleck is Deathstroke theories.

They actually set it up pretty well for the real Henshaw to return as Cyborg Superman, like maybe he was assumed dead but maybe he was horribly injured and someone turned him into a cyborg. He could be season 2's big bad.

catofellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By catofellow

Okay, one other person knows Hank's secret according to the dialogue. Who is that do you guys think? The main candidates are obviously the real Hank or Alex's father. Or maybe it is some unannounced character or something lame like Superman. It will be interesting to find out.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Overmonitor

If they pulled a 10 second cameo each episode like that one, even half as good, it would make me so happy to watch this show.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@geewhiz: @birdman400:I'm aware that Henshaw may well show up later on but this reveal was poor,you can tell they made up their minds on who he was supposed to be either while filming this episode or just before it. It's a poor reveal but I should've realized it's one of the Berlanti pandering to fanboys shows.

Avatar image for mondomamabrains
    Mondomamabrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Mondomamabrains

I didn't exactly see the twist coming. Instead I just saw a gif on tumblr of Hank in episode 2 or something with his first red eyes reveal tagged Martian Manhunter. From then on I just concluded that everyone must've known he was Martian Manhunter..I didn't exactly count it as a spoiler until now where I'm super pissed that y'all are having so much fun being surprised and all. I was and still am worried we won't be seeing cyborg superman because he's freakin awesome.

Avatar image for jjdajetplane223
    jjdajetplane223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was I really the only one that saw the MM reveal coming? For me it was the way they were setting it up in the past few episodes. I felt they were trying to trick us that he was a villain ... it wouldn't have been a twist if he was evil because of all those ominous "red eye" moments with Hank. So I knew he had to be a hero. And when I thought of red eyes, I thought of Martian Manhunter. I was 90% sure until Hank told Gem there was none of his family left to hurt, after Gem threatened them.

I was still freaking out when the reveal happened though!! So excited. He's one of my favorite characters and I think he could get his own show.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

still haven't seen this after the pilot

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
    HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave:

Why did they chose Jemm for the evil telepathic alien? Despero was the obvious choice and he's actually a villain.

This was my thought exactly. I mean, Jemm can come across as a little arrogant sometimes (due to his being royalty and all), but despite that he's always been pretty noble and heroic in over 90% of his portrayals in the comics at least.

Maybe he is just out of his mind at the moment or something...

Avatar image for nashdecasias_123
    Nashdecasias_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So good there is no cyborg superman.

Folly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70  Edited By Folly

When I look at the first episode this show already improved very much. There are still a few things they can do better but this one had me complaining about nothing. I am a bit tired of the "superhero loses his power"-trope because of the comics but I still enjoyed it. The "moral lessons" have been integrated into the story better and better. Flockhart is just perfect as Cat.

devil leonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geewhiz said:
    @entropy_aegis said:
    @ips said:

@entropy_aegis his eyes would glow red like MM's have been characterized. he'd constantly make dialogue references to being alone, understanding isolation, and loss etc. there was that bomb that he somehow got through and couldn't have if he wasn't phasing. his flashback self was a dick and his current self (aside from the pilot) was a nice guy... and he seemingly knew things that could only be known by telepathy. it really wasn't complicated if you pay attention and have half a brain.

maxwell lord's persuasion powers have also been used repeatedly already. he pushed alex at the table to reveal about her parents and Kara's been pushed to become increasingly more angry and volatile since encountering him.

@entropy_aegis said:

I find it amusing that people are saying "saw it coming" how did you see it coming?

I honestly dont care,Hank Henshaw is an actual character distinct from from Martian Manhunter, there is no difference between this and introducing Bruce Wayne and revealing that he's actually Penguin all along,it might be a twist to brainless retards but for those with half a brain it would make no sense at all.

Those so called clues are not clues that's just you reaching(red eyes wow you got me sir,isolation and his attitude) and making your own assumptions(bomb and the stuff he knew) . But even if this was a properly executed reveal it would still suck because HANK IS AN ACTUAL CHARACTER and no one has any reason to suspect he's anything but Henshaw. Lame twist is lame and makes the Leto=Jason and Affleck= Deathstroke theories not sound inane.

You want a good twist read Midnighter.

I think your analogy is flawed. In this show, Hank Henshaw is *not* the Martian Manhunter. The real Hank Henshaw is presumably dead (although I have this weird feeling that his character will show up later as possibly the Cyborg Superman) and John Jonzz assumed his identity (what better way for a shape shifter to avoid being hunted by the government?)

I would agree with you if the show had the actual Hank Henshaw be the Martian Manhunter -- but that is not the case.

Nicely said, i could not have done a better retort,

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
    HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this show.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.