The Flash and Supergirl Cross Over in an Episode of 'Supergirl'

• 99 results
Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark your calendars. On Monday, March 28, something we didn't think was going to happen anytime soon is coming. The CW's Flash and CBS' Supergirl are crossing over. The two will join forces in an episode of Supergirl.

No Caption Provided

Both shows have the same executive producers--Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg. When Supergirl first was announced and when Grant Gustin and Melissa Benoist did a photo shoot together, fans wondered if we could see the two shows crossover. They claimed it wasn't in the immediate plans and Kreisberg even recently shot down the resurfaced rumors back in December.

No Caption Provided

Something happened to change this. Executive Producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg said the following in a statement released by CBS:

"We are so incredibly excited to announce something that we have dreamed of happening since we starting making Supergirl– The Flash and Supergirl are teaming up! We want to thank Grant Gustin for making the time to come visit (on top of his already immense workload) and all of the folks at CBS, The CW, Warner Bros. and DC for working this out. And finally, thanks to the fans and journalists who have kept asking for this to happen. It is our pleasure and hope to create an episode worthy of everyone's enthusiasm and support."

No further details on what the story will deal with and how this will affect the two separate TV universes. The crossover will happen on Supergirl on March 28, at 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT on CBS.

#1 Posted by KEROGA (1337 posts) - - Show Bio

Multiverse! Dimension Traveling! yay

#2 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! Will certainly check that out

#3 Edited by NightFang3 (12364 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way this crossover can work is that Barry travels to alternate Earth.

#4 Posted by Skyhawk1 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm Trickster-Toyman team up plot?

Avatar image for currentthor2015
#5 Edited by CurrentThor2015 (687 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#6 Edited by NightFang3 (12364 posts) - - Show Bio

@keroga said:

Multiverse! Dimension Traveling! yay

That's the only way this crossover could work.

#7 Posted by INCSlayer (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh i thought licencing issues would have made it more probable for her to appear on the flash than the flash appearing on supergirl.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
#8 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (12493 posts) - - Show Bio

Would love seeing the interactions.

~MiB

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#9 Posted by The Impersonator (8500 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to catch up with Supergirl now.

#10 Posted by panther21 (1277 posts) - - Show Bio

this will be interesting.

#11 Posted by TheSpoiler (3608 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't express how annoyed I am over this.

Supergirl has so far been a good show that's stood pretty well on its own, not needing to be connected to anything else to work. So of course the logical thing to do is have an appearance from an annoying character from a horrible show who likely won't add anything to the plot and has no reason to be there. The same nonsense helped ruin Arrow.

On the positive side, it at least looks to only be one episode and that will never have to be mentioned again. Still annoying though.

At least Gotham has remained unaffected.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#12 Posted by IndomitableRegal (16919 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna be honest: I never had any interest in watching Supergirl...and I still don't. Sorry. Not even the Flash is enough to make me care.

#13 Posted by birdman400 (1558 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't express how annoyed I am over this.

Supergirl has so far been a good show that's stood pretty well on its own, not needing to be connected to anything else to work. So of course the logical thing to do is have an appearance from an annoying character from a horrible show who likely won't add anything to the plot and has no reason to be there. The same nonsense helped ruin Arrow.

On the positive side, it at least looks to only be one episode and that will never have to be mentioned again. Still annoying though.

At least Gotham has remained unaffected.

well gotham is set in the 1980's-1990s , kara and barry aren't even born

#14 Posted by BR_Havoc (1756 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was a legal issue which was stopping this team up?

I doubt I will watch it, I love the Flash but it was a chore to sit threw the first four episodes of Supergirl. I keep saying I'm going to watch the full season when its finished but I doubt it will happen.

#15 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7217 posts) - - Show Bio

I still haven't watched Supergirl and I wanted to because of MMH but seeing some scenes the show felt cringeworthy. Might have to check it out though cause I don't like missing episodes of Flash.

#16 Posted by Lemuel15 (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Possible Earth 2 subplot involving Kara meeting her doppelgänger, Power Girl?

#17 Posted by jashro44 (54455 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait does this mean that superman and martian manhunter are apart of the flarrowverse?

#18 Posted by TheSpoiler (3608 posts) - - Show Bio

With how forced these crossovers are, it wouldn't surprise me if they came up with some time travel plot to get them to meet characters on Gotham.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
#19 Posted by StMichalofWilson (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet

#20 Posted by GeeWhiz (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay! They are both fun shows (along with Arrow) but the writing is definitely a weak point.

#21 Posted by TheExile285 (4353 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome, I can't wait to see how it'll turn out!

#22 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

God no

#23 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
#24 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12469 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna be honest: I never had any interest in watching Supergirl...and I still don't. Sorry. Not even the Flash is enough to make me care.

This

#25 Posted by Synack1138 (219 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome! now they just have to get rid of gotham and convince tom welling it's not a bad idea to play superman again.

#26 Posted by danhimself (21433 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't want to have to watch Supergirl for this

#27 Posted by PeterParkerJr (6767 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been meh about Supergirl, but it is gradually getting better. Interested in seeing how they interact. Gonna be a lot of quirkiness.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#28 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22985 posts) - - Show Bio

Still not gonna watch either :/

JK I might lol

#29 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (834 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh...

well I guess I should start watching Supergirl then...

dammit, CBS, why can't you put Supergirl on Hulu?!

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
#30 Posted by Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin (4251 posts) - - Show Bio

Yessss!

Yessss!

Yessss!

Yessss!

Yessss!

Ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh YES!

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
#31 Edited by Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin (4251 posts) - - Show Bio
@synack1138 said:

awesome! now they just have to get rid of gotham and convince tom welling it's not a bad idea to play superman again.

I'm with you for both, and also I've readed somewhere that Tom Welling will be Superman in some Flash episode, but I don't know when

#32 Edited by birdman400 (1558 posts) - - Show Bio

@birdman400 said:

With how forced these crossovers are, it wouldn't surprise me if they came up with some time travel plot to get them to meet characters on Gotham.

its not forced , its actually very necessary , kara is easily becoming a national story thing , and Barry is traveling more , kinda will be interesting to finally indicate that they all know that superman and supergirl exist , cisco did hint an easter egg that batman does exist

#33 Posted by Heatforce (6552 posts) - - Show Bio

You beat me to it OP lol. I am very excited. Finally, welcome to the Flarrow-verse Supergirl.

#34 Posted by Heatforce (6552 posts) - - Show Bio

JK I might lol

Really you don't watch the Flash? Supergirl is pretty cool too atm. If people can stomach Lois and Clark the new adventures of Superman (great show) then supergirl shouldn't be a problem.

#35 Edited by King_Nomarch (2115 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy both shows so this is great. Keeping my fingers-crossed for a Arrow, Flash, Vixen, Constantine, LoT, and Supergirl crossover event.

#36 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22985 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

JK I might lol

Really you don't watch the Flash? Supergirl is pretty cool too atm. If people can stomach Lois and Clark the new adventures of Superman (great show) then supergirl shouldn't be a problem.

Not really. I got sick of the romance, Cisco, the corniness, pep talk Barry, Cisco, and just the overall CW vibe the show gives off at it's core. Supergirl is just pandering at it's best.

#37 Posted by Batman3000 (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened to the whit on Flash's emblem? Anyways sounds interesting.

#38 Posted by MAZAHS117 (13154 posts) - - Show Bio

Still haven't seen a single EP of Supergirl yet, I just have zero interest. But I'll check this out, maybe it'll change things for me

#39 Posted by Heatforce (6552 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

JK I might lol

Not really. I got sick of the romance, Cisco, the corniness, pep talk Barry, Cisco, and just the overall CW vibe the show gives off at it's core. Supergirl is just pandering at it's best.

O_O You hate some of the best stuff lol

Did you feel the same about smallville? I was feeling that way after season 4 or 5, never finished the series. Heard it got better though.

#40 Posted by Heatforce (6552 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened to the whit on Flash's emblem? Anyways sounds interesting.

That picture was taken like last year, waaay before the Supergirl pilot officially aired.

#41 Posted by the_stegman (40360 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't understand why anyone has anything remotely negative to say about this. I like both shows and I'm excited, if you don't like this, don't watch it.

Also, this comes out right after BvS!!

Moderator Online
#42 Posted by Batman3000 (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh ok. Thanks.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#43 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9131 posts) - - Show Bio

What happens when you add crap to trash? You get garbage.

#45 Posted by Rag_man (1378 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoy both shows and their characters, this will be alot of fun!

The questions arise: Will they fight each other at first? If they team up who is the villain that can stand against them both? How does a TV show afford a episode with both heroes AND potentially Martian Manhunter in it?

#46 Posted by The_Kidd (12432 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for guardiandevil83
#47 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (9373 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't watch Supergirl. But I'm a sucker for crossovers. And of course my boy Barry is gonna be on it.

#48 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22985 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:
@heatforce said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

JK I might lol

O_O You hate some of the best stuff lol

Did you feel the same about smallville? I was feeling that way after season 4 or 5, never finished the series. Heard it got better though.

It's the worst stuff to me lol

Lets put it this way, even though Superman is my favorite character, if I had started watching Smallville at the age I am now I probably would've dropped it all the same. However, I started the show when I was like 8/9 I think and I grew up with it. So even though it fails at some of the same aspects (the romance with Lana specifically) it's nostalgia factor negates it all.

#49 Posted by D9000 (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, that actually is surprising. The Flash/Arrow crossovers are pretty much the only time I watch Arrow but I did enjoy them. Hopefully this will be just as much fun.

#50 Edited by Heatforce (6552 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: Yeah when Lana began dating Lex I started to distance myself.

Edit: then do you not watch any of the DC TV shows at all? Well, you'll be able to quench your thirst in March with BvS!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.