Supergirl Series Premier Oct 26 8:30 gets BBT Lead In

#1 Posted by MrMazz (2002 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Supergirl finally has a definitive premiere date on the schedule from the Eye, CBS. The series will debut October 26 at 8:30 with CBS comedy mega hit Big Bang Theory acting as lead in. Supergirl will then shift the following week to its normal time slot of Mondays at 8pm, kicking off the night of prime time programming.

Putting the series premier behind a new episode of the Big Bang Theory is a good way to guarantee a good, hopefully CBS-like rating from the debut series. I’m really curious to see how much of the BBT audience Supergirl holds on to. The following week, CBS’ Monday November 2, schedule gets back to normal

8:00-9:00 PM SUPERGIRL (Regular Time Period)

9:00-10:00 PM SCORPION

10:00-11:00 PM NCIS: LOS ANGELES

Monday nights seem to be CBS trying to attract young viewers with the pairing of younger skewing Supergirland Scorpion with an NCIS spin off closing things out. In the on demand era the idea of discreet block programming comes in and out in terms of importance but it can still be effective. I’ve watched enough Scorpionto get the gist of it, it’s entertaining inoffensive entertainment, but I may give Scorpion a chance live or on DVR since I’m already going to watch Supergirl.

The demographics nerd in me wants to know what kind of hourly breakdown 8-9 and 9-10 yielf in terms of female viewership between the two series.

Source: deadline.com

#2 Posted by THORSON (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

so not interested.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.