'Supergirl' Poster Debuts

Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

You're probably aware the new Supergirl TV show, starring Melissa Benoist, will be airing Mondays this fall on CBS. EW has the first look at the poster for the series.

No Caption Provided

What do you think of the poster? The first episode premieres on October 26, at 8:30 pm EST/PST.

Source: EW

#1 Posted by JonSmith (4529 posts) - - Show Bio

Y'know, my first impression was, "That poster looks awful." But actually, that just means it fits the rest of what I've seen of this show. So good on them for accurately representing their product.

#2 Posted by DrellAssassin (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

I have zero interest in this show whatsoever and I think it'll be lackluster like 98% of network TV, but I do hope it gets young girls excited about super heroes and gives them someone to relate to.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#3 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43588 posts) - - Show Bio

The show isn't as bad as you'd think. The trailer had like all the cringeworthy scenes back to back.

#4 Posted by dondave (41760 posts) - - Show Bio

The show isn't as bad as you'd think. The trailer had like all the cringeworthy scenes back to back.

#5 Posted by the_stegman (40357 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice poster. I like it.

#6 Edited by Thor_Parker82 (16546 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by JTMac005 (950 posts) - - Show Bio

What is wrong with her arm/hand? Looks disproportionate

#8 Posted by Mfundroid (2916 posts) - - Show Bio

Not gonna lie, she makes having super powers look so pretty

#10 Posted by Thunderscream (2606 posts) - - Show Bio

Oooooo somebody on the CBS design team found the filter button...

#11 Posted by Mfundroid (2916 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by skyroid (2646 posts) - - Show Bio

Her left arm and hand looks like it was pasted over from something else

#13 Posted by LordRyus (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Does this compete with Gotham? If so after having watched both this shows pilot and all of Gotham, I will be watching this show instead of Gotham.

Avatar image for currentthor2015
#14 Posted by CurrentThor2015 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a no from me

#15 Posted by BoyWander (333 posts) - - Show Bio

The biggest thing that struck me in this poster is that she has her ears pierced. Does that mean her skin isn't invincible, or did they use a kryptonite needle? Strange choice to me.

#16 Posted by Mekboy (2760 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Blackdog2009 (3825 posts) - - Show Bio

Great poster. I hope the show does well and I think it will. $&$) all the haters in here.

#18 Edited by dondave (41760 posts) - - Show Bio

The biggest thing that struck me in this poster is that she has her ears pierced. Does that mean her skin isn't invincible, or did they use a kryptonite needle? Strange choice to me.

She could have pierced them before she left Krypton

#19 Posted by jayc1324 (26432 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's see how long this show lasts. They really have to promote this show better.

#20 Edited by NightFang3 (12364 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

Let's see how long this show lasts. They really have to promote this show better.

I'll give the show two seasons before cancellation.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#21 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! this looks so good and perfect, this poster is Supergirl.

Honest to god I may shed tears of joy
Honest to god I may shed tears of joy

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
#22 Posted by StMichalofWilson (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Not gonna lie, she makes having super powers look so pretty

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
#23 Posted by deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3 (615 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no interest in this show and won't watch it, but that is a damn good poster.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
#24 Posted by amazing_webhead (9926 posts) - - Show Bio

"a new hero will rise"

odd, that tagline doesn't beat you over the head with the fact that she's a girl

#25 Posted by Doc-Holiday (3850 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

Y'know, my first impression was, "That poster looks awful." But actually, that just means it fits the rest of what I've seen of this show. So good on them for accurately representing their product.

Well put. I can only add that seeing a post for a terrible show can only make a man "meh" so many times.

I am just happy that CBS and CW are not owned by the same company (one is Time Warner, the other is Viacom) so there is significantly less chance of this terrible show infecting Flash and Arrow, at least those shows are good.

#26 Edited by Doc-Holiday (3850 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightfang said:

@jayc1324 said:

I'll give the show two seasons before cancellation.

Well the Constantine show which was for NBC and only lasted one season (most likely due to a contract negotiation), I stopped watching after the third episode when they decided to jammy in a spunky/sarcastic female sidekick to Constantine. No thank you, when I think Constantine I think lone-wolf detective handling both the supernatural and the unnatural the world has to offer.

As for this show, the heavy-handed feminist dialog aside I feel they haven't put the effort into characters that shows like Flash and Arrow have. The first super villain they show, supposedly The Persuader , looks nothing close to his original look; they gave him an odd set of ridges to his head and claim he is an alien with the phrase "on my planet, women kneel to men" but he is wearing normal clothes...why? He stands out like a sore-thumb, why not just have him in combat armor?

I give this show at best, one season and that would only be because of contracts.

The problem is, drastically changing any character or series effects the people who would be legitimately interested in it, the fans, long time fans of comics (both women and men) want a character they are used to, minor updates are fine but anything else is usually seen as wrong, hence why Constantine failed so miserably and yet Flash and Arrow are still going strong.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
#27 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

After watching Agent Carter, the leaked pilot of this show made me cringe. However I think the poster is good.

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
#28 Posted by davidgrantlloyd (553 posts) - - Show Bio

Very nice. I like.

#29 Edited by Green ankh (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

i think the show looks good. I cant wait to see it

Avatar image for thekidfliessolo
#30 Posted by thekidfliessolo (126 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice of them to use photoshop as much as possible. Doesn't it look like they added the "S" in later? Something just doesn't look right.

#31 Posted by Doc-Holiday (3850 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice of them to use photoshop as much as possible. Doesn't it look like they added the "S" in later? Something just doesn't look right.

Yeah it looks oddly stretched and slightly off center. Also, her costume is odd, the weird sleeve leading to her hand and the fact that they're making this character who comes across so bluntly feminist yeah they kept her in a skirt.

In the Flash they showed that high speed cameras could capture a stable image of him, if a modern camera can catch an image of the fastest man alive, you know some perv is going to be able to do the same for upskirt shots of Supergirl

#32 Posted by StarBrand1 (661 posts) - - Show Bio

@drellassassin: i bet your the same kind of internet joker who complains about everything comic related on tv ant nitpicks everything because it doesn't meet your crazy image of how things "should be" in your head, but loves agents of shield.

#33 Posted by somacula (121 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give the show a chance, I hated flash pilot but the rest of the season was, well, fraggin awesome. I'd still take earth angel protoplas blob supergirl over her anytime,

#34 Posted by Doc-Holiday (3850 posts) - - Show Bio

@drellassassin: i bet your the same kind of internet joker who complains about everything comic related on tv ant nitpicks everything because it doesn't meet your crazy image of how things "should be" in your head, but loves agents of shield.

Agents of SHIELD is boring, I barely made it through the first season. The sets were always so clearly CGI, no real effort was put into anything and randomly adding some female character who just happens to be hacking computers where SHIELD is, lazy/coincidental writing and a terrible character

#35 Posted by CrystalMaster (272 posts) - - Show Bio

This is an underwhelming poster to say the least, but it's bright, i give it that.

Honestly this show looks so meh i might just keep watching Gotham for the hilariously bad factor.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#36 Posted by The Impersonator (8500 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll have to wait and see how this show turns out. I have too many shows to watch on my plate, so I'll skip this one for now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.