Follow

Supergirl

Character » Supergirl appears in 3414 issues.

Kara Zor-El is Superman's cousin and last survivor of Krypton's Argo City. She has a brash and defiant personality that she developed in response to the destruction of Krypton. Currently, she's operating out of National City alongside the D.E.O.

New 'Supergirl' Spot Has Kara Springing into Action

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Kara Danvers is coming out from hiding and becoming Supergirl in this new spot for the show. The newest comic book television show stars Melissa Benoist as the titular character and she's finally becoming the hero that she truly is in this new video.

Supergirl airs on CBS on Monday, October 26 at 8:30/7:30C

Avatar image for currentthor2015
    CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

DO NOT WANT

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I won't reject it, even though I've gotten attached to three Supergirls in the comics only to see them vanish into limbo. If nothing else I want to see how they can make this different from Smallville.

SpiderAidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't decide if I'm want this or not.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait!

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Didnt even like her in Glee

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Anyone else see the irony in the fact that the promo is titled "Standing Out" even though she's pretty much a Superman clone in this series?

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage said:

Anyone else see the irony in the fact that the promo is titled "Standing Out" even though she's pretty much a Superman clone in this series?

I think it'll be a while before they figure out how to portray her as not being a clone of Superman.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By NightFang3
    @goonage said:

I think it'll be a while before they figure out how to portray her as not being a clone of Superman.

And you know as the show goes on the'll just keep using Superman villains (Lex, Brainiac, etc) and not explaining why he won't help.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..........for shame

XavierMarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By XavierMarz

Bring me the son of Jor El!

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
    Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too many life lessons.

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't the ENTIRE world already see the leaked Pilot?

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I think we need to stop seeing new previews for the show at this point. I liked the pilot, but the previews are making the show look kind of dumb, I think.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen said:
    @goonage said:

And you know as the show goes on the'll just keep using Superman villains (Lex, Brainiac, etc) and not explaining why he won't help.

That will be a major flaw. She needs her own super villains, but Superman's rogue set has name recognition. I think it will be the 3rd or 4th season before we see a villain that isn't on loan from Superman's villains.

Avatar image for thekidfliessolo
    thekidfliessolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightfang said:
    @mark_stephen said:
    @goonage said:

That will be a major flaw. She needs her own super villains, but Superman's rogue set has name recognition. I think it will be the 3rd or 4th season before we see a villain that isn't on loan from Superman's villains.

Yea can you imagine Lex starting to cause havoc on the city and Supes is up at the fortress of solitude just chilling playing video games going, "Eh, let Kara handle him now. I'm tired of messing with him." That would never happen. If they use Lex, and Superman isn't involved, it will be a major flaw.

Avatar image for thekidfliessolo
    thekidfliessolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't know about this series. I will watch just about any superhero show to at least give it a try. I was weary about Flash when it came out, and it took all of about half the episode for me to realize I would be watching it week to week. I never got around to watching the pilot but did watch that extended trailer. I don't know, I will give it a try for about a month and if it hasn't kept me around by then, it will take peaked interest from the internet to get me back.

EricJaffa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope every episode doesn't show Supergirl talking to a hologram of her dead biological mother and getting an inspirational message.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen said:
    @nightfang said:
    @mark_stephen said:
    @goonage said:

Yea can you imagine Lex starting to cause havoc on the city and Supes is up at the fortress of solitude just chilling playing video games going, "Eh, let Kara handle him now. I'm tired of messing with him." That would never happen. If they use Lex, and Superman isn't involved, it will be a major flaw.

It will be unless they can figure out a reasonable reason why Superman isn't around.

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DO NEED to see it

:D

Papa_Patrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am afraid that this is going to be a feminist propaganda/pandering show.

There is nothing wrong about having a strong female character. It just has to be done in a good way and not in a way where it is just a "girl power" thing. I hate to use him as an example since I hate most of his stuff outside of Firefly, but, Joss Whedon has the right template for doing something like this. He is pretty much the king of making a strong female character be a strong female character instead of a female put into a male role.

I am giving it a chance, but I am expecting a big pile of bantha poodoo.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.