Follow

Supergirl

Character » Supergirl appears in 3428 issues.

Kara Zor-El is Superman's cousin and last survivor of Krypton's Argo City. She has a brash and defiant personality that she developed in response to the destruction of Krypton. Currently, she's operating out of National City alongside the D.E.O.

Laura Vandervoort as Kara

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By LoganRogue24

how did you guys like LV as Kara i thought she was great she embodies what i feel Kara would be like if she was a real person. i just wished Smallville did more with her instead of wasted her they were damn lucky to find a girl like Laura she has talent and beauty. i did not buy that crap Jor-el told Kara in prophecy about her helping Clark will endanger the Earth. small ville had its moments but it was a very flawed show.
    teoP_ehT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By teoP_ehT
    @LoganRogue24: well, keep in mind they had to give some explaination for her disappearence and then reapearence. As I understand it (and I have no evidence to suport such claims) is that she didn't actully have a contract with the Smallville people for a major part (people with major contracts usually you see in the credits without the whole "guest appearence"). If you look at the eppisodes with her you will see "guest appearence by Laura Vandervoort". 

I'll be honest. I think she appeared few enough times that I'm not sure whether she really embodies what I consider Kara. The real reason she was not used that much was that she was else where doing other shows like "V" or such.  

I agree the end seems unfair for Jor-el to forbid her from helping Clark, but it was they way they chose to end her story. Keep also inmind that Smallville was only suposed to have Clark's smallville years (not matroplis and such). They continued it and varied from their first goal where they would end and even the creators didn't know when the ride was going to go.
    LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LoganRogue24

well if the idiot producers did not let her go after season 7 then they would not have to that crap they did with her.
    teoP_ehT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By teoP_ehT
    @LoganRogue24 said:
    well if the idiot producers did not let her go after season 7 then they would not have to that crap they did with her.
    true...very true...
    LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LoganRogue24

iam a big kara fan and have the hots for laura lol i just felt smallville could have treated kara better.
    Cervantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Cervantes

Yes, she played it much better than Adrianne Palicki, who I liked! If you remember, Adrianne played the fake Kara that Jor-El used to lure Clark to the cave - a lost girl brainwashed by Jor-el whom he then killed in cold blood because "she served her purpose, as has Jonathan Kent!" One of my problems with the show -- turning Jor-El TOO far toward the dark side!

Wow, Adrianne has gotten to be (sort of) Supergirl AND (sorta) Wonder Woman! 

Anyway, Laura did a very good job of playing Kara as good but also somewhat amused by everything on Earth -- which works, since she comes from a planet far more advanced. But, yes, she should have been used more. But making Lois and eventually Green Arrow and Mercy permanent assured that Supergirl would not become so. As much as I like Mercy, clearly they should have nabbed Laura -- but maybe she was trying to break out into movies more or something... 

I think they didn't know what to do with her, especially since (one of my pet peeves) Smallville doesn't stage a Super fight more than about 2 minutes of screen time!! Having her more could have >>gasp!<< doubled that! 

I'm also still mad that they didn't have Tom Welling play Superman in "Superman Returns"!! He does waaaay better than Brandon Routh, who was picked for looking like Christopher Reeve, but just doesn't have the odd charisma that Tom has. And OUR Lex Luthor was 10 1/2 times better than theirs! And the same for Erica Durance versus Kate Bosworth -- hey, loved her in Blue Crush but COME. ON.  

So glad that movie tanked!! Oh yeah, bye Laura, we'll miss you!
    LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LoganRogue24

i agree i think sv had no damn idea what to do with Kara Kent what pisses me off is how they barely did any family building for her or clark shes his only true family member. i remember in season 2 roseta when clark found out he might be the only Kryptonian he was very sad yet when Kara enters his life he kind of brushes her off like he could care less. i love Jonathan and Martha but Kara is his real family without Kara he truly is alone in the galaxy. i did not buy that bullshit jor-el told Kara in prophecy smallville made ai jor-el into a dick seriously. hell Julian Sands jor-el and ai jor-el might as well be two seperate charaters cause ai jor-el dose not act anything like the jor-el that Lara Raya and Kara described. smallville sucks at fights usealy.
    Cervantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Cervantes
    @LoganRogue24 said:

how did you guys like LV as Kara i thought she was great she embodies what i feel Kara would be like if she was a real person. i just wished Smallville did more with her instead of wasted her they were damn lucky to find a girl like Laura she has talent and beauty. i did not buy that crap Jor-el told Kara in prophecy about her helping Clark will endanger the Earth. small ville had its moments but it was a very flawed show.

Agreed. If they had chosen to feature her more instead of Mercy, Green Arrow, and Jimmy Olson, she could have had a spin-off! Oh well...               
    LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LoganRogue24

from what i remember sv let Laura go they did not even tell her she was not comeing back for season 8 she found out when they did the cast list or whatever for season 8. i hear she was mad sad and a little pissed off to. smallville was lucky to get a hot sexy girl like Laura to play the iconic Kara Zor-el she deserved better in my opion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.