How accurate is Supergirl TV show to the comics?

#1 Posted by THORSON (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

is she badass on the show?

#2 Edited by Jakai (114 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

is she badass on the show?

No no no lol

She's portrayed so much like Superman. By that I mean she's portrayed as the girl scout. She's not anything like the New 52 version that was full of anger and confusion, nor was she like her 2005 version that was always in the moment and never not growing, with a younger mentality.

Granted, that's not to say the show is bad. It just doesn't follow her comic characterization in my opinion aside from moments now and then. The first season of the show was terrible in my opinion, and I only think it's moderately okay in the current season

#3 Posted by RDClip (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

Kara Zor-El was never an adult in the comics (I think Matrix Supergirl was because she was doing Lex). Power Girl was always the adult (though alternate universe version) of Kara.

#4 Posted by Tomkatie (3552 posts) - - Show Bio

In the show she's basically a female Superman, with her own reporter job, female Lex Luthor, and lovable dork attitude. I think that's what the writers intended honestly, so can't really fault them for it. But no, it's not comic Supergirl.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.