Follow

Supergirl

Character » Supergirl appears in 3427 issues.

Kara Zor-El is Superman's cousin and last survivor of Krypton's Argo City. She has a brash and defiant personality that she developed in response to the destruction of Krypton. Currently, she's operating out of National City alongside the D.E.O.

Essentially more dangerous

Avatar image for the_last_son_of_krypton
    The Last Son Of Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I thought about this, and I have come to the conclusion (at least in my opinion), that essentially Supergirl is more dangerous than Superman due to the fact that right off the bat she doesn't hold back. Now, it's a different story if Superman takes off his gloves and doesn't hold back, but if Superman does hold back (which he primarily does) I would say that essentially Supergirl would be more dangerous than him simply because of the fact that she has his powers and strength, but she doesn't hold back. Does anyone else agree with me?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Her going all out isn't as powerful as Superman functioning normally. How does that make her more dangerous? Also there's the whole experience thing. He knows a lot more than she does about a lot of things, including using their powers.

The Last Son Of Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Buckshot:  It could be the whole "student surpassing the master" thing. Just because he is not as experienced, doesn't make him less deadly. Kind of like what I am trying to say about Supergirl. She doesn't hold back. Just because she is less experienced than Superman doesn't make her less deadly.
    shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By shanana

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

@Sha:
    Awesome! A Superman/Batman afficonado! Can you please answer something thats bugged me to no end? Is the Superman/Batman book just more or less a recollection of their adventures over the years or is it written to be in the current timeline?
    RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By RedK
    @Jake Fury:  at times it's in continuity like the supergirl story but most of it is just recollection of their adventures like issue 68-71 deals with the our worlds at war story that happened years ago.
    The Last Son Of Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I guess her inexperience with her powers is something to factor in, but the thing is she's no slacker when it comes to using her powers either, and I think that the fact that she doesn't hold back really is a big factor that should be taken into account. There is a reason that Clark, in the Up, Up, and Away story arc, called on her when he didn't have his powers. He trusts her and knows how powerful she is.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shanana
    @Jake Fury said:
    " @Sha: Awesome! A Superman/Batman afficonado! Can you please answer something thats bugged me to no end? Is the Superman/Batman book just more or less a recollection of their adventures over the years or is it written to be in the current timeline? "
    What REDK said
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
    @The Last Son Of Krypton said:
    " @Buckshot:  It could be the whole "student surpassing the master" thing. Just because he is not as experienced, doesn't make him less deadly. Kind of like what I am trying to say about Supergirl. She doesn't hold back. Just because she is less experienced than Superman doesn't make her less deadly. "
    She's not as powerful and not as experienced. That doesn't equate to "more dangerous" in my head. At any point Superman is capable of more damage and destruction than she is. Maybe she might be "more dangerous" if she were a bad guy and likely to go around foolishly using her power, because then her lack of experience and control would be a danger (but even in that situation, if Superman were made bad too, he'd be more dangerous again because he has more power and knows how to use it better), but she's not. 
    shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shanana

I'm not sure about him having more power. When Kara was in suspended Animation she had already significant years of exposure to the yellow sun. At that point Superman was just getting his powers. I do know if Kara had went on a rampage when she first appeared on earth, I think she would have bested him because of her lack of "Morals" but now she's completely to emotional, and sympathetic to even think about abusing her powers.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By MrDirector786

Supergirl may not hold back as much, but if she went out of control or something, I'm certain Superman could stop her.

Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
    TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrDirector786 said:
    " Supergirl may not hold back as much, but if she went out of control or something, I'm certain Superman could stop her. "
    Agreed .
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Thor's hammmer

the first time I saw that scan I thought he said STOMP not "stop" and I was like whoa superman chill she's your cosuin
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Primmaster64

look at Superman see how buff he is. He shouden't have any trouble with Kara.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Sha said:
    " I'm not sure about him having more power. When Kara was in suspended Animation she had already significant years of exposure to the yellow sun. At that point Superman was just getting his powers. I do know if Kara had went on a rampage when she first appeared on earth, I think she would have bested him because of her lack of "Morals" but now she's completely to emotional, and sympathetic to even think about abusing her powers. "
    I disagree if a fight really erupted between them, and actual fight. Supes would kick her ass all accross Metropolis. It would like when Omni-Man fought Invincible. The bigger, more experienced and stronger character would win (and between these two that's Clark by miles)
    courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By courtney12490
    @Buckshot said:
    " Her going all out isn't as powerful as Superman functioning normally. How does that make her more dangerous? Also there's the whole experience thing. He knows a lot more than she does about a lot of things, including using their powers. "
    It could be argued that lack of experience makes her more dangerous. 
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
    @courtney12490 said:
    " @Buckshot said:
    " Her going all out isn't as powerful as Superman functioning normally. How does that make her more dangerous? Also there's the whole experience thing. He knows a lot more than she does about a lot of things, including using their powers. "
    It could be argued that lack of experience makes her more dangerous.  "
    One of my other posts already addressed that argument.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Sha:
    that is sweet, wheer is that from? i want more
    Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Video_Martian

she's still not as powerful as superman.

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By courtney12490
    @Buckshot said:
    " @courtney12490 said:
    " @Buckshot said:
    It could be argued that lack of experience makes her more dangerous.  "
    One of my other posts already addressed that argument."

Missed it. My bad.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Crom-Cruach said:
    " @Sha said:
    " I'm not sure about him having more power. When Kara was in suspended Animation she had already significant years of exposure to the yellow sun. At that point Superman was just getting his powers. I do know if Kara had went on a rampage when she first appeared on earth, I think she would have bested him because of her lack of "Morals" but now she's completely to emotional, and sympathetic to even think about abusing her powers. "
    I disagree if a fight really erupted between them, and actual fight. Supes would kick her ass all accross Metropolis. It would like when Omni-Man fought Invincible. The bigger, more experienced and stronger character would win (and between these two that's Clark by miles) "
    lol
    Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Valtot

ye kara is more dangerous in the way she doesnt hold back but not in sense shed if it was who could cause the most damage out of both if neither were holding back

sputnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sputnik

man, kara IS danderous. but i wouldn't push supermn's buttons if i were her.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.