Follow

Superboy Prime

Character » Superboy Prime appears in 156 issues.

Once a young high spirited youth in the real world with the powers of Superman, intense trauma had twisted his sense of justice and morals, exacerbated by the corrupted and ineffective heroes of post-Crisis Earth as well as his loss of his destiny as the "Universe's Greatest Protector".

Would Prime Be Better As A Good Guy?

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

He should have been a good guy in Legion of Doom, wouldn't it be cool to see him turn into a good guy like he was in COIE.

superboyprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By superboyprime

Prime IS a good guy. The reason why the current universe even exists is because he stayed behind and helped fight the Anti-Monitor. It's those self-righteous, pretentious, and neurotic so-called "heroes" that are the bad guys. After witnessing who they really are, why should Prime value their existence in any way? Why shouldn't Prime attempt to bring his own world, girlfriend, and family back? 

Besides there's just double standards galore when it comes to Prime. When Supergirl first arrived on Earth she made the exact same "accidents" that Prime made during his first encounter with the "heroes" in Infinite Crisis. It's just that the head that ran into Prime's fist was Pantha's, whereas Kara's accidents were on Kryptonian heads. But it doesn't stop there, that girl has committed treason numerous times, and with intent, only to get a pass from her dear cousin, that flawed doofus who calls himself Superman these days.

But if what you're asking is if Prime should change his motives and goals. Then no, I believe Prime is doing the right thing, and should keep at it until he succeeds, and then some.

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By labarith

I think we should all just hope that Superboy Prime was wiped from existence... 

Although his next-to-last appearance was in blackest night... I sort of want to see how that ended up...

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

Alternate versions of Superman should be done away with after the revamp. It's all too Evil Kirk for me.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By dernman

I really hope prime will never appear in the new 52.

Avatar image for crimsonalchemist
    CrimsonAlchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CrimsonAlchemist

@superboyprime: I fully agree with you there brother!

Avatar image for crimsonalchemist
    CrimsonAlchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CrimsonAlchemist

I would love to see him as a good guy but he would have alot of making up to do.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#8  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@superboyprime said:

Prime IS a good guy. The reason why the current universe even exists is because he stayed behind and helped fight the Anti-Monitor.
    He WAS a hero. he stopped being one the second he started acting like a petulant child and started killing innocent and heroic people
    It's those self-righteous, pretentious, and neurotic so-called "heroes" that are the bad guys. After witnessing who they really are, why should Prime value their existence in any way?
    ummmm because thats what heroes are supposed to do........
    Why shouldn't Prime attempt to bring his own world, girlfriend, and family back? Besides there's just double standards galore when it comes to Prime. When Supergirl first arrived on Earth she made the exact same "accidents" that Prime made during his first encounter with the "heroes" in Infinite Crisis.
    Big difference
    Kara was a scared, little girl who had no idea what kind of powers she had gained.
    Prime is a sociopathic brat who knew what level of power he possessed and outright attacked the Conner Kent, and when his friends tried to help Prime . He attacked and killed people for not being perfect and the real kicker is, that he was more f%$^ed than any new earth's heroes
    It's just that the head that ran into Prime's fist was Pantha's,
    she ran into his fist......are you f*&^%ng serious........
    whereas Kara's accidents were on Kryptonian heads. But it doesn't stop there, that girl has committed treason numerous times, and with intent, only to get a pass from her dear cousin, that flawed doofus who calls himself Superman these days. But if what you're asking is if Prime should change his motives and goals. Then no, I believe Prime is doing the right thing, and should keep at it until he succeeds, and then some.
    TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @Dernman said:
    I really hope prime will never appear in the new 52.
    This^
    superboyprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By superboyprime

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@superboyprime said:

He WAS a hero. he stopped being one the second he started acting like a petulant child and started killing innocent and heroic people
    Big difference
    Kara was a scared, little girl who had no idea what kind of powers she had gained.
    Prime is a sociopathic brat who knew what level of power he possessed and outright attacked the Conner Kent, and when his friends tried to help Prime . He attacked and killed people for not being perfect and the real kicker is, that he was more f%$^ed than any new earth's heroes

LOL, you are but another victim of the DC propaganda machine. Funny how they always imbue the "villains" with whatever qualities that go against their blatant morally subjective agenda, and naive readers like you just lap it all up.

There's nothing heroic about the Teen Titans. They are nothing but a bunch of incompetent meddlesome brats who continually break laws and commit treason to defeat some manufactured "villain" not for any genuine concern for the community, but for their own angsty personal need for acceptance among their costumed douche bag peers.

Supergirl wasn't a scared little girl when she and Wonder Slut decided to join the Amazons in attacking her own country, or when she chose to be with the Kryptonians that were obviously going to invade Earth. The only big difference is she is a f-ing idiot, and Prime is not. You see, characters like Luthor, Black Adam, and Prime were some of the only characters standing up to the status quo of arrogant hypocrites that had the audacity to call themselves heroes.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By KainScion

easy, fanboy. call the F down. he's a shitty character, my opinion. hope he does exist in the new dcu.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#12  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@superboyprime said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@superboyprime said:

Big difference

LOL, you are but another victim of the DC propaganda machine. Funny how they always imbue the "villains" with whatever qualities that go against their blatant morally subjective agenda, and naive readers like you just lap it all up.

There's nothing heroic about the Teen Titans. They are nothing but a bunch of incompetent meddlesome brats who continually break laws and commit treason to defeat some manufactured "villain" not for any genuine concern for the community, but for their own angsty personal need for acceptance among their costumed douche bag peers.

Supergirl wasn't a scared little girl when she and Wonder Slut decided to join the Amazons in attacking her own country, or when she chose to be with the Kryptonians that were obviously going to invade Earth. The only big difference is she is a f-ing idiot, and Prime is not. You see, characters like Luthor, Black Adam, and Prime were some of the only characters standing up to the status quo of arrogant hypocrites that had the audacity to call themselves heroes.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By ComicStooge

He shouldn't be a good guy. He shouldn't be a bad guy. He shouldn't even exist. Period.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By PowerHerc

@ComicStooge said:

He shouldn't be a good guy. He shouldn't be a bad guy. He shouldn't even excist. Period.

Totally agree.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BatteredArmor

WOW everyone hates Prime. Hate to jump on the band wagon but the guy sucks big time

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By TheCrowbar

Again he's meant to be the whiny incompetent mess. I like him for what he is, the proof it isn't being kryptonian that makes Superman great, it's Clark Kent.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By daredevil21134

@superboyprime said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@superboyprime said:

Big difference

I think you are the real Prime dude

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By primebonnick

i love the guy my fave character i take the flaws even how annoying they are if people can suffer superman being a punk ass boy scout most of his life then leave prime alone.

Avatar image for metropoliskid41
    MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By MetropolisKid41

I would like to see him start off as a hero in the New 52. He should be uneffected by the relaunch since he's in a parallel universe. So he should see this as his opportunity to start off with a clean slate and try to be a hero again, but I think he is too twisted and too far down the path of the dark side to really change, so I'd like to see him fall once again, maybe by someone remembering and him freaking out and killing them so no one else finds out, but it leads to his true nature being discovered and his return to villainy.

darth_fletcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By darth_fletcher

i dont wanna see prime as a good guy, i'm sick of supermans, superboys and supergirls being the worlds greatest heroes in pretty much every multiverse !!! i like that prime doesnt hold back and whips a lot of ass, his two major fights in infinite crisis and sinestro corps war were both brilliant !!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.