Super-Skrull Respect Thread

#1 Edited by WarlordEternal (5022 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello again true believers. This is a respect thread for our much beloved Skrull warrior. Feel free to cotribute, I'll post what I have.

Born on Tarnax IV, the young warrior Kl’rt volunteered to be artificially augmented at the command of Emperor Dorrek who had vowed revenge after an invasion of Earth was foiled by the Fantastic Four. Kl'rt was given all of the powers of the FF Augmented, and thus was transformed into the Super-Skrull.

Everything about his powers was meant to be better than the Four. He can stretch further than Mr. Fantastic, exercise greater control over his invisibility and force fields than the Invisible Girl (Woman), He can burn hotter and fly faster than the Human Torch and can even fire "anti-matter fire balls", and was far stronger than the Thing.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

He even has the power of Hypnosis.

No Caption Provided

*Note: Common misconception is that he was equal in power to the Thing, who at the time was in the 5 ton range, but not only was he far stronger, this feat put him in the 100+ ton range

The Super Skrull also has a powerful healing factor, capable of surviving grievous wounds. He can also enter a "healing coma" when the damage is too great. Heat and flame would hasten the recovery.

He has tested these abilities time and again against powerful foes.

His first battle Against the Fantastic Four.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9

In this battle he literally flew circles around the Human Torch and fried the air molecules around him and created flame constructs.

His elasticity was so great, he could overwhelm even Mr. Fantastic, and stretch out, beyond the city. He also demonstrated great reaction time and speed.

He easily out matched the Thing in close quarters and later when they all tried the trap him, he easily pushed past them with his hypnosis.

Proving his superiority in combat

After this he would face off against other Iconic characters

Battles, and holds his own against the God of Thunder, Thor.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9

Battles against Captain Marvel. Overwhelms and knocks the Captain unconscious.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Stalemates Captain Marvel (fused with Rick Jones).

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Holds his own against the Silver Surfer.

Takes a powerful psionic blast from Moondragon, unharmed. Tags her mid-flight and quickly puts up a shield to counter Genis-Vell.

Holds his own agianst Genis-Vell, and gains an upper hand before an interference from the Silver Surfer.

Battles Genis-Vell, Silver Surfer, and Moondragon. Survives a combined blast from all three.

Tanks a punch from Hulkling.

Note: Super-Skrull didn't even want to fight him, and was only there to take him home. This is the only time I'm aware of that these two "fought". So contrary to what some other more recent books may tell you; no, Hulkling has never beaten Super-Skrull.

During the Annihilation Wave, Super-Skrull demostrated even more uses for his powers.

Stretching his limbs thin, he has used them to slice his enemies to bits.

Creating a force field in front of him as he flies, he can plow through enemies and buildings.

He even has the ability to absorb unlimited amounts of heat, thus increasing his power output.

And in speaking of power output..

Super-Skrull absorbs the near limitless energy of Praxagora, and combined with his own, he destroys the planet killing super-weapon: The Harvester of Sorrow.

During the Secret Invasion, Super-Skrull showcases his superiority against other super skrulls while aiding Nova

Easily dispatches two using his flames and augmented strength. Kills the last one by wrapping his brain in a bubble and squeezing.

Battles She-Hulk and gains the upper hand.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

That's it from me ladies and gentlemen. Hope you found this informative, and if you have other, feel free to post them.

#2 Edited by WarlordEternal (5022 posts) - - Show Bio

Found a few more.

Throws up a shield in time to deflect an attack from Tommy Shepherd (Speed) who can move faster than the speed of sound.

No Caption Provided

Dodges laser fire and shows off his control of force fields.

Hypnosis and creativity feat.

Uses his hypnosis to control his former ally and break free.

Stretches his forearm down his victims throat and then turns it into the things rocky hand.

And for an added bonus of combat skill and control

Super-Skrull and Praxagora aid Ronan in liberating his people. These three battled the largest army the Kree had to offer as well as incoming Annihilation Wave forces.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

#3 Edited by WarlordEternal (5022 posts) - - Show Bio

Found some more

Battles Ms. Marvel. Displays superior power.

Even in a weakened state, he is more than a match for her.

Holds his own against the Silver Surfer, before an interruption from the Eternals.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

In the second scan, Silver Surfer acknowledges Super-Skrull as a genuine threat.

Battles Thor.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8

Something worth noting is that Thor was under a spell that was manipulating entire populations. This made him incredibly violent and as you can see, he fought with the intent to kill.

#4 Edited by cosmoman (390 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlordeternal: Needless to say, excellent thread. Way to display S.S. as the underrated heavyhitter he is 🙂!

And when we say that S.S. absorbs "Near limitless energy" this is the level of weaponized energy he's absorbed in his body.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

#5 Posted by WarlordEternal (5022 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmoman: Thank you. I love the Super Skrull. I always felt like he has been underrated and under utilized for a long time. I would honestly love to see him in more books as a anti-hero.

#6 Posted by cosmoman (390 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmoman: Thank you. I love the Super Skrull. I always felt like he has been underrated and under utilized for a long time. I would honestly love to see him in more books as a anti-hero.

Np and couldn't agree more, him being included in MvC3 was a dream come true.

#7 Posted by WarlordEternal (5022 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmoman: Heck yeah. I loved playing as him.

#8 Posted by cosmoman (390 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmoman: Heck yeah. I loved playing as him.

Same!! Don't wanna clutter up this AWESOME respect thread you have going on (my favorite on the site), but thank you for this and in the words of Super-Skrull: "He loves you, INFERNO!!"

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.