Follow

Suicide Squad

Team » Suicide Squad appears in 774 issues.

A constantly changing black ops group composed primarily of incarcerated super-villains who perform black ops missions with a low chance of survival in exchange for the possibility of a shortened sentence. This "squad" was organized and put together by Amanda Waller. The official name is "Task Force X", it's nickname is the "Suicide Squad".

'Suicide Squad' SDCC Trailer Officially Released

srialchllr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@longbowhunter: @flameboy298:personally and imho, I just never cared for him and I am a longtime fan of the series. To me, he often seems to be delivering the same character in many of his roles and that style is not how I envisioned the character of Floyd to be portrayed in a film. Again I hope he proves me wrong, regardless I'm stoked and it's certainly not deterring me from going to see it the moment it opens.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@saren: Flat, her acting is flat, it comes across as bland at best.

As for the others powers, they don't show them and the costume choices make them look odd and boring. Diablo has skull tattoos and a lettermans jacket? What the hell? Killer Croc looks like a reject from a TMNT sequel from the 90s. Harley is the worst of the worst, nothing stands out about her character and hers should be the most vibrant and attention grabbing.

You can get your hopes as high as you want but I am keeping myself far away from this abomination they call a film.

Viola Davis is a two-time Oscar nominee and one of the best actresses working today. Have you ever watched any of her other stuff or is your judgement based on ten seconds of footage?

Killer Croc looks exactly like Killer Croc did when he was created and for most of his publication history before Hush. Diablo's "costume" in the comics is a bunch of tattoos across his shirtless torso. Harley stands out more than any other character in this trailer. You're upset they didn't show you everyone's powers in a sizzle reel for a movie that's not even finished production yet? Why don't you read the comics or check the wiki if you want to know who has which powers?

You can keep yourself away as far as you want. Nobody outside of the IRS cares about what you do with your money. But I'm always amused when people say they "stand by their statements" for stuff like this, as if criticizing a movie trailer is some heroic feat.

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just realized the grill kinda makes sense, a guy who get his teeth busted by batman all the time would have fake teeth

i think this version of joker will be the scariest one ever

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By lesterlawton

@xwraith said:

Joker gets my approval. Deadshot doesn't.

This. I honestly thought the Deadpool trailer was better.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

@saren: Viola Davis, I saw her work in Prisoners as well as Law Abiding Citizen and I was extremely underwhelmed. I would much prefer CCH Pounder, a far better actress with 4 emmy nominations and 10 image award nominations (if that is how you prefer to rate your actors, rather than by actual skill), she also has a rare mix of talents for television, film and voice acting which means she understands how important it is for narration to carry a story and carry it well.

As for Diablo, way to skip over the goofy letterman jacket. Harley is bland, she has a small number of lines and rather than show her acting psychotic or intriguing they have her upside down in a tank top and panties, how very classy. Harley is supposed to be a mix of psychotic and sexy but instead all we get is a girl in a stripper outfit/halloween costume of what Harley would dress like, I mean, seriously, short-shorts? At least the original Harley wore a full body costume, since you're mentioning how Croc looks like he originally did, odd that you defend Croc for being original but praise Harley for basically dressing like a slut.

I am not being heroic but I am being true to the characters as the people who own the rights to them should be, they are doing justice to Superman and Batman while dragging their other characters through the mud.

BumBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jewishdork: It isn't a grill they're caps on his teeth probably from the constant face punching from batman. It's actually pretty damn gritty and realistic

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
    OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#207  Edited By OreoAssassin

Who is the villain(s) the Suice Squad is up against?

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#209  Edited By Saren
    @docholiday said:

@saren: Viola Davis, I saw her work in Prisoners as well as Law Abiding Citizen and I was extremely underwhelmed. I would much prefer CCH Pounder, a far better actress with 4 emmy nominations and 10 image award nominations (if that is how you prefer to rate your actors, rather than by actual skill), she also has a rare mix of talents for television, film and voice acting which means she understands how important it is for narration to carry a story and carry it well.

As for Diablo, way to skip over the goofy letterman jacket. Harley is bland, she has a small number of lines and rather than show her acting psychotic or intriguing they have her upside down in a tank top and panties, how very classy. Harley is supposed to be a mix of psychotic and sexy but instead all we get is a girl in a stripper outfit/halloween costume of what Harley would dress like, I mean, seriously, short-shorts? At least the original Harley wore a full body costume, since you're mentioning how Croc looks like he originally did, odd that you defend Croc for being original but praise Harley for basically dressing like a slut.

I am not being heroic but I am being true to the characters as the people who own the rights to them should be, they are doing justice to Superman and Batman while dragging their other characters through the mud.

Viola Davis is a better actress than CCH Pounder by every conceivable measure. Watch any one of Doubt, The Help or How to Get Away with Murder if you want to judge her acting, which was perfectly good in both Prisoners and Law Abiding Citizen.

I'm not skipping over anything, I'm simply choosing to ignore the whining about completely irrelevant details like a generic jacket. I'm not defending Croc's look or praising Harley's either; costume changes are a minor concern to me and I'm not pedantic enough to get bent out of shape about them. I'm just pointing out that if you dislike how Croc looks here, then you have disliked how Croc has always looked, because this is still the aesthetic they use for current versions of the character like Earth One. And if your problem is that you have never liked Croc's look, it is hardly the film's fault.

Harley has never been a classy character, and I cannot for the life of me understand the people who look at her with rose-tinted glasses and for some reason believe Harley has ever had any dignity or self-respect. As for being psychotic --- I don't know what other impression Harley banging her head against the cell bars conveyed to you. As long as they get her character right and understand her dynamic with the Joker, I don't care what she wears. And again, you're complaining that Harley has a small number of lines in a sizzle reel for an ensemble cast movie that hasn't even finished filming yet?

You cannot cry about Diablo's jacket of all things and then expect anyone to take your concerns about "being true to the characters" seriously. If Diablo's jacket has stuck in your craw so badly, I can only imagine what Joker's teeth did to you.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for christian95stuff
    Christian95stuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello my fellow Viners, I just want to say how happy I am to be a part of this site I have been a long time fan.

Now for this teaser trailer, I will say I was hesitant about Leto's Joker but after carefully reading up on him and seeing what we've seen so far as well as this trailer my doubt has definitely been subsided I do believe he will do good in the role. Helps that he is a method actor and an Academy Award winner so I have faith.

Margot Robbie's rendition of Harley Quinn, as well had me skeptical at first but I started looking through things pictures. Among other things I believe she will make a terrific Harley Quinn as it's been shown she can play often roles similar.

While Will Smith can sometimes be repetitive in his roles, I do believe in recent years he has shown a more wider range so I do believe he will make a pretty good Floyd if applied correctly.

The rest of the cast I believe is going to do great, they certainly look the part I mean Killer Croc looks spot on like classic croc from the older comics. El Diablo looks exactly as he does in the comics and Cara Delevingne's Enchantress while certainly with differences from her comic book counterpart is intriguing and has an aura of mystery, Slipknot certainly looks interesting as well as does Rick Flagg Captain Boomerang and Katana.

Certainly a interesting group and a great cast, with a fantastic writer/director behind it all I do believe this will be a fantastic movie and I for one can't wait to see all my favorite characters on screen together.

It's a great time to be a comic book fan!

jonny1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

My god...Can't it be August 2016 already?

Dr_Harlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Dr_Harlequin

@saren: Harley has had her moments of dignity and has stood up against the Joker, you'll probably see that in this movie. She is willing to be loyal and dedicate herself to Joker, but that doesnt have to translate to her dressing like his prostitute, and him dressing like a pimp. Thats what it honestly looks like: some sort of symbolism from someone fresh out of film directing 101.

And as long as they dont try too hard to make her look crazy. Whatever her characterization is, I hope I dont have to see her trying to titillate the audience because shes crazy. She is crazy for Joker, not the next guy she sees.

And who cares what actress won what. That is the past. I dont care for past glory. Look at Uma Thurman - a golden globe winning actress - now watch her in Batman vs Robin and tell me how great she did.

Loki2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this movie will be a hard sell to the general audience, but I would really like to see it do well. My hope is that it gives us something completely new from the typical stuff we've been seeing in this genre so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab6fc8730fd4
    deactivated-5ab6fc8730fd4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jarred letto looks amazing and is ripped out of the comics. (Especially Batman RIP). Its more true to the comics then ledger was anyway. Ledger played the joker in name only but he isnt like that in the comics

No Caption Provided
    Voicesinmyhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does indeed look like Will Smith playing Will Smith but i will reserve judgement after i see the movie.... Harley looks kinda meh.. And Joker looks like hes part of a prison gang with those tats. However both El Diablo and Killer Croc look excellent. I am optimistic.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#217  Edited By Superguy1591

Harley: "Are you the devil?"

Amanda Waller: "B****, I might be!"

Lols, would be better if she says "No, I'm who he answers to."

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#218  Edited By Superguy1591
    @flameboy298 said:

Not sure,I understand all this drama over Will Smith. The guy used to be an amazing actor people are being melodramatic about this,and Gal Gadot(who looks great as WW) All of this seems so nitpicky tbh...but than again Comic Book fans.

It's not nitpicking to hope they cast the right actor. I understand most people won't know or care if Smith and Ayer don't nail the characterization of Floyd Lawton, but I'll know and I'll care. I can't speak for anyone else here, but I don't want him to do a poor job. That would be a stupid thing to wish for. I think not being a fan of Will Smith and having him play one of my favorite characters entitles me to being a bit dubious and keeping my fingers crossed. On the plus side I dig the suit and from what the trailer shows he has a back story. So here's hoping I'm wrong and walk out of the theatre a Will Smith fan.

maybe you two should openly state you don't like Will Smith then, instead of acting like Smith is acting like Bad Boys 2 Will when he's not.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

As for the others powers, they don't show them and the costume choices make them look odd and boring. Diablo has skull tattoos and a lettermans jacket? What the hell? Killer Croc looks like a reject from a TMNT sequel from the 90s. Harley is the worst of the worst, nothing stands out about her character and hers should be the most vibrant and attention grabbing.

You can get your hopes as high as you want but I am keeping myself far away from this abomination they call a film.

Because of comments like this sometimes great movies fail. There will always be people who dont like not only a few things but everything just because he says so and when he shares his reasoning.. it doesn't quite make sense.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: Re CCH Pounder. She is most well known for television work, in which she has excelled. The two mediums require different skills to reach the highest levels, which would make comparisons difficult.

And the tv comparisons do not work well either. Davis is the driving force of a stylized serial that she is the primary protagonist. Pounder's best role was on a grounded noir police drama where she became the antagonist to the main character.

If this movie were made in 1998-2005 Pounder would be a good choice. The part itself is suited for someone that can look to be in their 40s.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@docholiday: Dude, Viola Davis has received two Tonys, a Golden Globe, several nominations at the Golden Globes, AND two Oscar nominations. CCH Pounder is a wonderful actress, but Viola Davis is also an amazing actress and I believe she is definitely an ideal choice for Amanda Waller.

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Nite_Nite

Waller: looks amazing. They found that balance between post and pre flashpoint. Seems like she'll be that untrustworthy and manipulative, "I'm better than you" lady- all for the greater good. With the cross We'd probably be treated to her getting her hands dirty.

Joker: Honestly if/as soon as he wears a suit most of y'all will stop b!tching. The teeth are "whatever". You could barely see Ledger's teeth. "B-But Nite Nite Mark Hami-" shut up. Mark Hamill was only the voice behind an already designed and animated character. Yeah he's the definitive joker for 90's babies. But it's not "him", it's the cartoon character. Like it or not Heath's the definitive joker, if someone had to be chosen, right now. Like I said give Leto a suit and you guys will be men about this.

Harley: No accent. At least not noticed in the trailer. Other than that looks good.

Deadshot: All the petty "H-he s-s-said this" and "but will smith" comments are being deciphered via my BS vision as "he's black though." People here just not man enough after they wet their pants about human torch. The complaints only make me love it even more. Don't like the mask completely yet but it looks Way better in action. Btw "I bet deadshot says aww hell naw" comments are easily viewed as racist. Didn't see anyone betting on "gee golly" statements from Joker.

The plot/story/why: people crying about this go wrap your head in plastic. The movies not out yet. When you watch it. You'll know the plot/story and all 5 Ws you care about. Keyboard critics.

Darwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Pretty sure it was one the soldiers that called him Superman.

Comickidd77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harly's voice sounds awful...really let down by it

Supersmoothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don´t know you guys but Leto seems really into it.

SCOLTON97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, DC is killing it, I'm very excited for this movie, 2016 is shaping up to be an amazing CBM year in general. Interesting side note I think this is the first time we've heard Superman, refered to as 'Superman' on camera.

Agreed! Although he does get called Superman once in Man of Steel. But still, I love the connection they've made between Superman's emergence and the Squad being put together.

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a little Marvel fatige after watching age of ultron:P Seems to me that DC is doing something fresh here , give me more of this goodness:)

KalKent1297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: The creepy smile is Joker's signature. You don't want him to smile?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@squalleon: The creepy smile is Joker's signature. You don't want him to smile?

Did you even read my comment? I said his smile would be better if it is clean, Joker's smile is creepy due to his face not because of his bad dentistry. The metal teeth actually take away from the creepiness of a total clean white smile matching Joker's face.

Ruvik_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sold.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Awesome Sauce!

asjmooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pumped for this but really hope the quality of the Suicide Squad book gets improved significantly in the approach to this movie coming out.

Been reading it for years but my patience is quickly vanishing.

asjmooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docholiday: shes fantastic in The Help and in How to get away with murder.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Looks pretty interesting. My only exposure to the Suicide Squad was in the JLU cartoon and the animated film. Joker certainly looks terrifying and Harley looks equally manic. 2016 is setting up to be a awesome year for CBMs.

Prestokidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This trailer did not impress me as much as the BvS trailer but I'm still looking forward to seeing this movie.

cleo_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@uncanny_doom said:

This is looking potentially better than BvS right now.

because BvS looks more smug

cleo_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still hate the look of this Joker

Hate his teeth either :<

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is awesome!!!

Sorry to all the Leto Joker haters, I love it!

Avatar image for wildcardentertainment
    WildcardEntertainment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer Marvel, but it's seems that DCs cinematic lineup is going to at least gonna give Marvel a run for their money

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Ironic. Least fav thing about the trailer is Will Smith playing deadshot.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sasquatch888: But first of all must remember that Marvel Studios belongs to Disney and she released stuff from Star Wars, do not do any good expose something already established, the company would end if cannibalizing.

great point ...no need for Disney to compete with itself....give the fanboys some time to take in all the star wars news ...I almost forgot how huge the star wars movie franchise is

luciferjonez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow. from the opening scene to the end of this trailer was one giant stinkin' pile of LAME! I hope the world downloads this illegally and sends a message to the asshats at DC to keep a better watch over their properties.

JV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@loki2u: I am looking forward to the movie, but I can't see it being accepted by the general audience. Just the name alone "Suicide Squad" will surely deter people from seeing it. With that said, I love love DC, but in my personal opinion, the reason Marvel sells better is b/c it targets 7 year old kids, comic fans, 20 yr old date night and the 40 year old house wife. I have so many friends who's wives can't wait to take the children to see a Marvel movie, but won't go to see Batman due due the gritty tone. It it what it is, as long as DC can accept this. Their demographics is smaller.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Jared Leto is killing it!!!

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

pleasantly surprised to see so much enchantress here. ive always been hyped for this film and have been studying/tracking the film so wasnt too excited while watching the trailer but i enjoyed it. they seem to be doing the characters justice. 2016 will be the year of dc

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I still think this Joker looks terrible. I'm sure the acting will be fine but the look just does not work.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: Being true to characters involves appropriate interpretations in both look and actor for the film, it's why the Clooney Batman as well as Ivy, Bane and Mr. Freeze were so terrible.

You can't say that the old look of one character is perfect for the film but the (and I use the word loosely) updated look for another is perfectly fine. Also, Harley licks the bars of her cell which is gross/sexual not psychotic and she lightly taps her head against a wall, not bangs it.

Also, you are the one who started all of this. I gave my opinion of the trailer and you could have said to yourself "Well, I don't agree but everyone has the right to their own thoughts and free speech" but instead you decide to nit-pick what I said and start an argument.

So rather than listen to your backwards logic about character portrayal or how you avoid certain subjects, I am just going to ignore you.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: Oh no, I didn't immediately praise a brand new movie, instead I had my own opinion and don't feel that everything DC/WB creates is pure gold. Well that is life. You'll have to learn to live with it.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will smith is just will smith he is not Deadshot, Deadshot is a white guy with an impressive moustache and even more impressive aim, hell Tom Sellick would have been a better choice.

No Caption Provided

Though I'm just joking, dude, you do come off as a white supremacist douche.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#250  Edited By TDK_1997

@tdk_1997: Oh no, I didn't immediately praise a brand new movie, instead I had my own opinion and don't feel that everything DC/WB creates is pure gold. Well that is life. You'll have to learn to live with it.

I'm not saying that you should've praised the trailer or the movie, there are many people who are not excited at all about either Suicide Squad or Dawn of Justice but they don't go and immediately trash talk about the movie. You can have your own opinion but saying that you will stay away from this so called good superhero movie is a bit extreme, don't you think?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.