starkiller809's Suicide Squad #9 - Dead Man Walking review

Avatar image for starkiller809
  • starkiller809 wrote this review on .
  • starkiller809 has written a total of 458 reviews. The last one was for HC/SC

Disappointed

THE GOOD:
Fernando Dagnino art in this issue is fairly good. I really liked seeing the whole team together on the second page and I really though it showed that there was the hidden unity to the team. The rest of the issue, he shows off that he knows how to draw characters fighting and huge explosions. The story is still good. I really like seeing Harley Quinn in this issue and I think that will be a huge thing for her character. I don't believe it right now, but I like seeing that the writer is teasing all of these plot lines. I also really liked the action in here. It is very cool and all the characters get a really cool moment where they show up the enemy which happens to be Resurrection Man.

THE BAD:
Resurrection Man isn't something that I want to spend three dollars on. The whole concept seems like a joke to me and I really don't want to know about the character, and the fact that they are making me buy it to even get what is going on in this issue, is annoying to me. I also really don't like how the team is okay will killing on another. At first it was kinda cool, that they are going to do whatever keeps them from dying, but this issue is just making once good characters; kinda heartless. I feel that most of the character development from Secret Six, has been destroyed for a one panel moment that eventually, fell through.

THE VERDICT: 3.5/5 (Good)
Despite my negative comments, this was a fairly good issue. There is lots of action. I think if you read Resurrection Man and this, it will instantly click for you and you'll really like this crossover. I think that this series is a good one and I think that people should get the trade to see if it is something that they would want to read more of. I suggest this to fans of violent comics and comics where you never know what is going to happen next.